5,603,729 Members 37,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Tip us?

Quasimodem
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 3008
Anyone with the MMS fix for tasks? or can confirm something is actually broken? I don't have a Canadian variant, things have worked for my ATT phone...

err0r76
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
Anyone with the MMS fix for tasks? or can confirm something is actually broken? I don't have a Canadian variant, things have worked for my ATT phone...
It seems multiple users are affected with this, so it kind of minimizes the chances of being people screwing up the aokp flash...
Personally I did "everything" in the book to make sure I was flashink aokp properly,tried different modems, etc and it never worked. In the meanwhile I flashed a new TWRP for d2att instead of d2can and installed CM 10.1 - MMS worked as soon as I fixed the APN settings. I now moved onto paranoidandroid 3 and the issue does not reoccur.. So it seems to be an aokp issue only for my understanding...
I didn't look further into resolving the issue with AOKP,...it seems that i747m is no longer supported...I'm unsure if with that Task means that i747m phones must be flashed with an att custom recovery or not....I haven't tried aokp since I did that..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

pnd4pnd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi all,

I have an s3 flashed with liquid smooth. I am unable to get LTE at all. The apn was not set to the ATT LTE and when I change it to that APN I get no data at all. I am also unable to choose LTE/WCDMA as an option under the network mode in mobile network settings. Strangely if i pull the sim, LTE/WCDMA comes up as the preferred network mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is preventing me from the final switch from an iphone 5. Help!

Thanks,
Eric

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
Ahh... My apologies... In an AOSP ROM, if you see 3g at any point, it's HSDPA/HSUPA and H or H+ is HSDPA+/HSUPA or it could be called 3.5g... You truly are dropping into 3g, not H+.... I don't see it often, but I'm sure I could drive out to middle of nowhere and see 3g...
Hey Quasimodem I figured out why I never saw H or H+ it was modem related I was using the very first one LLH1 because I found it had be the best lte speeds. I recently flashed the most recent modem LDK4 just to test it out and there it is H and H+ in all their glory. Funny thing though my 3g speeds on the old modem were faster than my H+ speed on the new modem. :P

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

err0r76
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnd4pnd View Post
Hi all,

I have an s3 flashed with liquid smooth. I am unable to get LTE at all. The apn was not set to the ATT LTE and when I change it to that APN I get no data at all. I am also unable to choose LTE/WCDMA as an option under the network mode in mobile network settings. Strangely if i pull the sim, LTE/WCDMA comes up as the preferred network mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is preventing me from the final switch from an iphone 5. Help!

Thanks,
Eric
Have you checked if you have the correct version of modem? And have you checked if the apn has the correct settings? If so, you might want to try removing all other apn's has previously mentioned in other posts. You should also try doing a clean install of the rom...

pnd4pnd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by err0r76 View Post
Have you checked if you have the correct version of modem? And have you checked if the apn has the correct settings? If so, you might want to try removing all other apn's has previously mentioned in other posts. You should also try doing a clean install of the rom...

Yes i have the latest modem for AT&T - there is a newer one for M versions but not sure what that is. I will probably reflash and start over.

err0r76
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnd4pnd View Post
Yes i have the latest modem for AT&T - there is a newer one for M versions but not sure what that is. I will probably reflash and start over.
Yeah, you should probably re-flash... I tried the newer version of the modem and stuff actually didn't work as well as with the previous one..

pnd4pnd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by err0r76 View Post
Yeah, you should probably re-flash... I tried the newer version of the modem and stuff actually didn't work as well as with the previous one..

reflashing did not work...

pnd4pnd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i finally solved this by creating another apn with "phone" in place of "pta" and it now works.

ajcostello
Old
(Last edited by ajcostello; 26th February 2013 at 04:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Trying toggle down LTE on rogers

Hi, I just switched to the latest version of Jedi Invasion, I was previously on CM10. In CM10 I am able to choose which connection speed I used. I always keep my phone on H+ because 4G LTE is to battery draining, and sometimes I switch to 2G only when I need battery.

Now with Jedi Invasion, I cant get anything but 4G LTE, is there a way I can change which network I am on(toggle down to H+). This is with Rogers btw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit - I did *#*#4636#*#* and switched it to WDCMA only, however it stills shows, 4G in the top right corner. Has it switched to H+ but just doesnt show it, or is it still 4G LTE