21st October 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #11  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 3,011

9,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneginsfast

I've been using Slimbean 2.6 and 2.7 for several weeks now and can confirm LTE is sticking. However I certainly don't think I'm getting the as high a LTE connectivity rate as with the stock rom.

There's so many factors that can contribute to that... too ambiguous to T/S.... It's a trial and error thing... Location, network traffic, and the modem you're currently running...
The Following User Says Thank You to Quasimodem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag BC
Thanks Meter: 135

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem

There's so many factors that can contribute to that... too ambiguous to T/S.... It's a trial and error thing... Location, network traffic, and the modem you're currently running...

This is definitely true. Only way I can tell though with a degree of certainty is with a network monitoring app and the fact that I've got pretty standard area of operation.

I've been running kyanrom though for the past couple days and I'm back to getting a much higher degree of LTE connections. I guess while I'm at it, I can also confirm that LTE is sticking with kyanrom also.
22nd October 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag Alaska
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
APNs for Alaska Communications (ACS)
Alaska Communications (ACS), 2 APNs

Change Network Mode to LTE/GSM/WCDMA

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
APN: web.acs
MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)
APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
APN: mms.acs
MMSC: hxxp://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
MMS port: 9201
MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)
APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

Change hxxp to http.

-Frozen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frozen Cryptid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 8

100 posts
More
Hello,

having LTE issues (Not getting LTE) with Task & Ktoonsez AOKP rom, I have it set to LTE/GSM (PRL) mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu) and when I go into settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode, I have it set to: LTE/GSM/WCDMA mode, and all I get is H and H+ still. I have the LTE APN and have it selected, and still no luck. I had a SIM replacement from Virgin Mobile, but it didn't do any good. When I put it on LTE only mode I lose connection to my carrier. So I keep it on LTE/GSM mode, but still getting no LTE. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks. It used to work when I had Team Insomnia's Jellybean rom, I had 4g but got no where near LTE speeds. Would this be a Virgin Mobile problem?
27th October 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag Mississippi

9,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaniz

Hello,

having LTE issues (Not getting LTE) with Task & Ktoonsez AOKP rom, I have it set to LTE/GSM (PRL) mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu) and when I go into settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode, I have it set to: LTE/GSM/WCDMA mode, and all I get is H and H+ still. I have the LTE APN and have it selected, and still no luck. I had a SIM replacement from Virgin Mobile, but it didn't do any good. When I put it on LTE only mode I lose connection to my carrier. So I keep it on LTE/GSM mode, but still getting no LTE. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks. It used to work when I had Team Insomnia's Jellybean rom, I had 4g but got no where near LTE speeds. Would this be a Virgin Mobile problem?

When you were on the TouchWiz ROM did it only say 4g and not 4g LTE? It would say 4g LTE in a TouchWiz ROM... You may not be in an LTE area...
28th October 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #16  

100 posts
More
Quote:

When you were on the TouchWiz ROM did it only say 4g and not 4g LTE? It would say 4g LTE in a TouchWiz ROM... You may not be in an LTE area...

Oh it only had 4G on it. I did check the map for Virgin and yeah I am in an LTE area. I don't know it may be a Virgin Mobile issue.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
28th October 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #17  
Flag Mississippi

9,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaniz

Oh it only had 4G on it. I did check the map for Virgin and yeah I am in an LTE area. I don't know it may be a Virgin Mobile issue.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

If it only had 4G on it you were never getting lte in the first place... Might wanna call them.. . Do u mind posting your apn settings for the op?

Not sent from your phone...
28th October 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #18  

100 posts
More
Quote:

If it only had 4G on it you were never getting lte in the first place... Might wanna call them.. . Do u mind posting your apn settings for the op?

Sure..

Name: Bell LTE
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port:80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: Not Set
APN Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

EDIT: I think I got it, I am on a Virgin Mobile Supertab (From old phone still being paid off) and changed from that older phone, that didn't have LTE, to the S3 , I went into my Virgin Mobile "My Account' and it showed my phones it only listed the HTC Legend I had few months ago, but not the S3 itself, and beside it saying this device runs on a HSPA+ network. I'm getting this fixed on Monday so I'll see what happens then. If somebody can do it sooner though if they have the same issue with Virgin Mobile/Bell, that would be great too. The system I guess still thinks that I have the HTC Legend which doesn't run LTE.
Last edited by Papaniz; 28th October 2012 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Papaniz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #19  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 210

670 posts
More
Anybody on the Bell network having signal problems while running AOKP? I can't seem to get my phone to run LTE and my signal drops randomly. I've wiped, fixed permissions, enabled the proper settings and still nothing.
28th October 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #20  
Flag Mississippi

9,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUH1991

Anybody on the Bell network having signal problems while running AOKP? I can't seem to get my phone to run LTE and my signal drops randomly. I've wiped, fixed permissions, enabled the proper settings and still nothing.

On the stock rom did it say 4G lte?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread