Current Devices:
Bell SGSIII --- running Quantum ROM 4.4.2

Asus Tf300t -- running CROMi-X

neuropass
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
this is a great post.
Do you want to customize your OS? then check This out.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/TweakScene

Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE I727R (TPC v3 ROM)
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I747M JellyBean UCDLK3 The Devils Reject v6
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB (Overcome 2.1.1 ROM)
NOKIA N8
NOKIA N97 32GB

Quasimodem
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUH1991 View Post
Yea

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
I'm not real sure what's going to fix your issue... If your dropping signal completely I would point to the modem, but it's probably the same modem you were running on stock with no issues... I would wipe the phone and reflash... If your TiBu was made from a TouchWiz ROM that could also be your issue somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuropass View Post
this is a great post.
Thanks...
The Following User Says Thank You to Quasimodem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IUH1991
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Wow, I don't know how, but my phone finally has 4g. Perhaps it's because aokp selectively throttles down when WiFi is being used. If so, I'm surprised that it took hours to regain an lte connection.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Current Devices:
Bell SGSIII --- running Quantum ROM 4.4.2

Asus Tf300t -- running CROMi-X

Montol
Old
(Last edited by Montol; 29th October 2012 at 04:30 PM.) Reason: Suucess/Failure
Thanks Meter 0
I can report that those settings for the Rogers LTE APN are correct and working.

On this same front, there seems to be a lot of misinformation (old, incomplete, or irrelevant) wandering around the internet about how to set up Rogers Tethering properly.

Anyone out there had any success with Rogers Data Tethering? I can't tell if there is something specific that needs to be done differently for the SGS3, because mine is confirmed set up on Rogers internal side, but i can't for the life of me figure out the settings to get my SGS3 connection shared with my iPad.

Thanks!

EDIT/ADDITION:

So with a great deal of fiddling around, and a little bit more information for you here:

1) The device I'm trying to tether on is the iPad 2

2) I have had limited success in wifi hotspot tethering, but only through some monkeying around that I don't have the technical background to explain why this would be the case.

I added in various APNs and tested a bunch of combinations. Nothing particularly worked when connected to the LTE network. The last time tethering did work for me was with AOKP b5, and I'm now running CM10 10/24 Nightly. The one...flaw?...with AOKP was that my LTE connection wasn't turned on, and wasn't sticking. So the last time my tethering worked was when I was connected to 3G/H/H+ with AOKP by mistake.

So, I tested that on CM10 by entering the rogers-core-appl1.apn, and bumping down my preferred connection to GSM/WCDMA.

Suddenly, success!

Now...the technical part that maybe someone with more experience can answer is - does the wifi hotspot communicate something to the iPad2 where it is trying to use or show use of an LTE connection?? Is that why tethering would work on the 3G/H/H+ connections, but would not work when my SGS3 was connected to the 4G network??

Thanks!
Matt

android2.0
Old
(Last edited by android2.0; 31st October 2012 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
i did the tutorial here
and im still getting 3g or H+

i just flashed my rogers stock rom to paranoid android 2.50.

im running stock kernel

can you please help me PLEASE!

EDIT: i am using rogers samsung galaxy s3 i747m and i am in a lte area becasue when i was using my stock rom this morning it said LTE....not 4g or 4g lte.
did a speed test too and im only getting 7.5 mb where as i was geting 15+mb yesterday on stock rom.

thanks for any help guys its greatly appreciated

Quasimodem
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by android2.0 View Post
i did the tutorial here
and im still getting 3g or H+

i just flashed my rogers stock rom to paranoid android 2.50.

im running stock kernel

can you please help me PLEASE!

EDIT: i am using rogers samsung galaxy s3 i747m and i am in a lte area becasue when i was using my stock rom this morning it said LTE....not 4g or 4g lte.
did a speed test too and im only getting 7.5 mb where as i was geting 15+mb yesterday on stock rom.

thanks for any help guys its greatly appreciated
Did you do the dial code to switch the bands?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quasimodem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
Did you do the dial code to switch the bands?
I just spent yesterday night figuring it out and I just went to mobile networks n select Rogers late n picked late gsm preferred and I started getting 4g so I think I fixed it

NYYFan02
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I can't believe I didnt' start flashing ROMs earlier... This is amazing. It's SO much smoother than ICS. Haven't run into any major problems so far (10.28 build) however I'm not able to connect to facebook, anyone else have this problem?

1nsomnia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montol View Post
I can report that those settings for the Rogers LTE APN are correct and working.

On this same front, there seems to be a lot of misinformation (old, incomplete, or irrelevant) wandering around the internet about how to set up Rogers Tethering properly.

Anyone out there had any success with Rogers Data Tethering? I can't tell if there is something specific that needs to be done differently for the SGS3, because mine is confirmed set up on Rogers internal side, but i can't for the life of me figure out the settings to get my SGS3 connection shared with my iPad.

Thanks!

EDIT/ADDITION:

So with a great deal of fiddling around, and a little bit more information for you here:

1) The device I'm trying to tether on is the iPad 2

2) I have had limited success in wifi hotspot tethering, but only through some monkeying around that I don't have the technical background to explain why this would be the case.

I added in various APNs and tested a bunch of combinations. Nothing particularly worked when connected to the LTE network. The last time tethering did work for me was with AOKP b5, and I'm now running CM10 10/24 Nightly. The one...flaw?...with AOKP was that my LTE connection wasn't turned on, and wasn't sticking. So the last time my tethering worked was when I was connected to 3G/H/H+ with AOKP by mistake.

So, I tested that on CM10 by entering the rogers-core-appl1.apn, and bumping down my preferred connection to GSM/WCDMA.

Suddenly, success!

Now...the technical part that maybe someone with more experience can answer is - does the wifi hotspot communicate something to the iPad2 where it is trying to use or show use of an LTE connection?? Is that why tethering would work on the 3G/H/H+ connections, but would not work when my SGS3 was connected to the 4G network??

Thanks!
Matt
I have this same issue as well but only on Paranoid Android. I tried it over Slimbean and it worked. Also used to work when I used AOKP a while back. Not sure why this is the case.