5,599,135 Members 35,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] ICS/JB AOSP Email Client for Motorola RAZR HD.

Tip us?

holtenc
Old
Thanks Meter 86
anyone able to get these or actual AOSP JB Email apks to work with the JB leak?

Ive tried these ICS apk and some JB apks I found. No luck on either.

Evo_Shift
Old
Thanks Meter 345
I assume we could just use root explorer to do this as well right?

senergy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Gave this a go to see if it can see folders within my inbox of my corporate exchange account.. nope. back to stock for now.
Apparently the 4.0.4 version doesnt work properly in this regard and the 4.1.x can do it..

Thank you anyway.
Motorola RAZR HD

vrus1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doesn't work on mine.. FC as soon as you try to open Email app.

I am running stock 4.0.4 Razr HD LTE from Rogers. I followed instructions to a "T". Everything worked as expected but it just wont run.

vrus1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok.. Got it working... Before removing/renaming old Email client, go into Manage Apps, Email, CLEAR DATA.

Then rename old files and push new ones.

Reboot.

Go back into Manage Apps, Email, CLEAR DATA.

Reboot.

Works great and thank you for sharing!!! I hate the stock app because it doesnt synchronize Email Reply/Forward status and drove me crazy.

gsdev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Jelly Bean Official. Now Let's Do This.

OK. So now that JB is pushed out, I really need to get working on this. If anyone has any direction or ideas, please share. The blur email is awful, plus I really want to disable Exchange security policy.

Other than the email app, the HD Maxx is the best phone out there. I went back to it from a HTC DNA.

AOSP FTW.

chrisgriner
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrus1 View Post
Ok.. Got it working... Before removing/renaming old Email client, go into Manage Apps, Email, CLEAR DATA.

Then rename old files and push new ones.

Reboot.

Go back into Manage Apps, Email, CLEAR DATA.

Reboot.

Works great and thank you for sharing!!! I hate the stock app because it doesnt synchronize Email Reply/Forward status and drove me crazy.
Following this procedure got it working for me. Thanks for the Clear Data tip. I think users should note, you MUST reboot after clearing data. Simply clearing data and relaunching the app does not work.

My setup is rooted OTA JB. I used rootkeeper to retain root through the OTA update. After following the OP directions, I kept getting force closes and crashes. I simply thought it was because of JB and it may have been. However after reading through the rest of the post, user VRUS1's tip got it working. This step should be added to the OP.

Thanks to both of you. I couldn't stand the MotoEmail.apk...

SuperDave1685
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for this!! This was a life saver for me!!

TRF-Inferno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Thank you for the feedback guys. I disappeared for a bit and now have a XT925 RAZR HD and I'm running JB firmware with AOSP Email client right now. I will update the original post with the comments and Jellybean APKs tonight.

TRF-Inferno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
It's been updated with Jellybean APKs and revised instructions. As usual, please provide feedback if something is off in the instructions or you experience abnormal issues.