22nd October 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Lyon, France
Thanks Meter: 7,008

2,053 posts
Donate to Me
More

Quote:

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a useful addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.
Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate , to molesarecoming http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4491046, to D4rKn3sSyS http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=3484876

Notice: the JB version is work in progress.

HOW TO SET THE WORKSPACE MODE

Quote:

I do not own this device, I built Paranoid Android for n8000 on request.
These builds have been tested by lsherif before release, but remember you flash this at your own risk.

Download the ROM :

Quote:

>>> v2.23 <<<

N8000 : Download Here
md5 : e88a208c619732d763ebcd0f4517c297
Size : 154.92mb

Download the Gapps : Download here

Boot in CWM Recovery
Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
Wipe data if coming from another rom than cm10
Flash the rom
Flash the gapps
Reboot
Enjoy
Read this : Noob's guide to PA Settings

You can find some themes, mods, boot-animations, wallpapers and other paranoid goodies in this thread

Quote:

v2.23 (21/10/2012)

- Initial Galaxy Note 10.1 release

Quote:

Our webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
Want to know if your device is supported ? Here's the list of Paranoid builds and ports
You want to build PA from sources ? Check out this guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547
You want to port PA? Take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27558806
Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646034
Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 4x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

Quote:

This is fully built from sources, but remember this is a work in progress, so please consider it as such.
Neither me nor the Paranoid Android team will be held responsible for ANY kind of damage or issue or thermonuclear war triggered by flashing this rom.
YOU are the one who decide to flash a rom and modify your device, so you assume the consequences.
[/B]

Known Issues :

- All CM10 known issues
- In Phone UI Mode, the soft-buttons might not show up at boot. Go to settings/system/Navigation Bar and enable it.
- Report yours after reading below

If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:

1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Try aorth's cm10 to see if you have the same issue there. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.

2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods as well (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.

3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

Quote:

Cyanogenmod Project, for CM10
The Paranoid Android Team and everyone who worked on this project
D4rKn3sSyS for his work in the Paranoid Android Team
molesarecoming for his work in the Paranoid team and for his Galaxy Nexus PA rom.
aorth for setting up the device trees
Tina for images on this thread
evilisto for Sense Recent Apps mod, and basic Tablet mode source
dubidu for hiding statusbar mod
Nordpolcamper for Paranoid Darkness themes
gokussjx for his friendly help and for sgs3 pa builds
Isherif for dedicated and friendly beta-testing

Last edited by Androguide.fr; 22nd October 2012 at 01:08 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Androguide.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag DKI Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 90

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androguide.fr

HOW TO SET THE WORKSPACE MODE

[/FONT]

[/CENTER]

I have following your method for installing this rom. but i got bootloop paranoid logo. can you tell me why that i got? thanks b4. sorry for my bad english.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puisicintaqu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 154

102 posts
More
Talking
This took me completely by surprise!! Thanks for the hard work, I've been looking forward to some development on this device. I'll have to try out this ROM very soon. I'm a big Paranoid Android Fan from Galaxy S3.
22nd October 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634

1,592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puisicintaqu

I have following your method for installing this rom. but i got bootloop paranoid logo. can you tell me why that i got? thanks b4. sorry for my bad english.

Did you perform a full wipe ?
22nd October 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

118 posts
Thank you for taking interest in GN10.1. We really appreciate it.
22nd October 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
Thank you so much for your work on this tab. I've been dreaming of paranoid android on this tab for ages cos I have it on my s3 and I know its very nice for customizing every app just the way I want. However the link to the rom is down. Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: found the rom by manually browsing androguide's folders on goo. I'll flash and report

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by darkhandsome18; 22nd October 2012 at 09:03 PM.
23rd October 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

68 posts
More
when a hello rom for galaxy note 2 N7100?
23rd October 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 233

1,020 posts
More
So, will this work on the Wi-Fi-only version? the 8013?
23rd October 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #9  
Flag DKI Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 90

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

Did you perform a full wipe ?

Yes thanks buddy. The rom can runing. but need more time to boot up the paranoid wellcome logo. but i have question. why in this rom no button screen for back, home, and other like stock rom. that is the bugs? thanks before.
I'm sory for my bad english.
23rd October 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #10  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 535

2,606 posts
More
This is so freaking cool. Been waiting for this, BRILLIANT!!! Thank you and welcome, you now put me in a very tough spot. I use my device in universtity every day taking notes and so far i used SNote to do that. So all my notes are in snb format and i dont know of any other app reading that format, and i need my notes......F**K!!!

Welcome and thank you for your hard work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androguide, hybrid, paranoid, paranoidandroid
Previous Thread Next Thread