Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Backing up HTC One X

Tip us?
 
Bryannrx
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Backing up HTC One X

Who knows how to back your apps,contacts,videos,pictures etc. on the computer?? I want to root my phone and don't want all my stuff to be gone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
 
InflatedTitan
Old
#2  
InflatedTitan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1137
Posts: 2,764
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryannrx View Post
Who knows how to back your apps,contacts,videos,pictures etc. on the computer?? I want to root my phone and don't want all my stuff to be gone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Just plug it in and transfer files bro. When you plug it in choose to mount as disk drive when your phone prompts you too. You can then transfer all your pics and notes etc like that. Then to be double sure, use super backup for your contacts, then transfer that file to your computer. But also be aware, rooting will not erase sdcard, UNLOCKING the bootloader will usually reset you. Hope this helps.. root it and boot it

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
 
CheesyNutz
Old
#3  
CheesyNutz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2953
Posts: 11,183
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Springfield
Google tons of info on this...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN
 
redpoint73
Old
#4  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Posts: 6,400
Join Date: Oct 2007
Backup your contacts to Gmail. Copy and paste pics and videos to your computer as mentioned above. If you want, you can backup SMS using apps like SMS Backup+. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to backup app data without root, which of course doesn't help in your case.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
 
robjbw
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 115
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Backup your contacts to Gmail. Copy and paste pics and videos to your computer as mentioned above. If you want, you can backup SMS using apps like SMS Backup+. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to backup app data without root, which of course doesn't help in your case.
I use "My Backup Pro" to backup my apps etc...(no root necessary). It will backup the apps but without the app settings info. So, if you restore the apps, you have to input your info again. It will backup everything.. sms, contacts etc... I use this app when I need to do a fresh restore. Make sure to copy the backup folder into your pc or Dropbox before restoring "fresh" your phone.

Hope this helps.
 
redpoint73
Old
#6  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Posts: 6,400
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjbw View Post
I use "My Backup Pro" to backup my apps etc...(no root necessary). It will backup the apps but without the app settings info. So, if you restore the apps, you have to input your info again.
So it doesn't save app data, like game saves (unless rooted), right?

It looks like it does save MMS, which might be useful for me. SMS Backup+ doesn't do that (will backup your MMS pics to Gmail, but not restore them back to your phone).
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
 
robjbw
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 115
Join Date: Dec 2007
No, won't backup saved data. If rooted, I would have used titanium backup. Would save apps+data.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
 
PeartFan40
Old
#8  
PeartFan40's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1404
Posts: 4,048
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Hadley, Ma. USA
Wrong section. Please keep all question/help related threads in the Q&A section only. Thank You.

Thread Moved.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

Sent from my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.
 
Mussorre
Old
(Last edited by Mussorre; 18th November 2013 at 02:52 AM.)
#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 18
Join Date: May 2013
I just saw this topic and hope share my experience, worried about the fact that HTC One doesn't Sync both ways like other ccounts (Blackberry iPhone etc). Contacts outdated on PC's Outlook now and most new contacts are put on the phone, bit concerned about no back up should the phone fail - can Dropbox be used for this or any other suggestions re how to protect all info in the People section?

PS: I just used Coolmuster Android Assisant, it can copy everything from phone to pc and it also can send messagse from pc to phone.

For HTC contacts: How to backup HTC contacts to computer
For HTC messages: How to print text messages from HTC
 
redpoint73
Old
#10  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Posts: 6,400
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussorre View Post
I just saw this topic and hope share my experience, worried about the fact that HTC One doesn't Sync both ways like other ccounts (Blackberry iPhone etc). Contacts outdated on PC's Outlook now and most new contacts are put on the phone, bit concerned about no back up should the phone fail - can Dropbox be used for this or any other suggestions re how to protect all info in the People section?
The default on Android is to backup all contact info to Gmail. You can verify by simply logging into Gmail on a PC and see if all your contacts are there. If not go into Contacts settings on the phone and merge contacts.

BTW, you realize this is the forum section for the HTC One X/XL, not the HTC One? They are completely different phones. Your post history is all over the place, so I can't even tell what device you own.

Also, you are responding to a thread over a year old.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more