Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Backing up HTC One X

OP Bryannrx

22nd October 2012, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Who knows how to back your apps,contacts,videos,pictures etc. on the computer?? I want to root my phone and don't want all my stuff to be gone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
22nd October 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,144

2,788 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryannrx

Who knows how to back your apps,contacts,videos,pictures etc. on the computer?? I want to root my phone and don't want all my stuff to be gone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Just plug it in and transfer files bro. When you plug it in choose to mount as disk drive when your phone prompts you too. You can then transfer all your pics and notes etc like that. Then to be double sure, use super backup for your contacts, then transfer that file to your computer. But also be aware, rooting will not erase sdcard, UNLOCKING the bootloader will usually reset you. Hope this helps.. root it and boot it

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
22nd October 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,179

11,696 posts
More
Google tons of info on this...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
22nd October 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,294

7,549 posts
Backup your contacts to Gmail. Copy and paste pics and videos to your computer as mentioned above. If you want, you can backup SMS using apps like SMS Backup+. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to backup app data without root, which of course doesn't help in your case.
22nd October 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Backup your contacts to Gmail. Copy and paste pics and videos to your computer as mentioned above. If you want, you can backup SMS using apps like SMS Backup+. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to backup app data without root, which of course doesn't help in your case.

I use "My Backup Pro" to backup my apps etc...(no root necessary). It will backup the apps but without the app settings info. So, if you restore the apps, you have to input your info again. It will backup everything.. sms, contacts etc... I use this app when I need to do a fresh restore. Make sure to copy the backup folder into your pc or Dropbox before restoring "fresh" your phone.

Hope this helps.
22nd October 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

7,549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjbw

I use "My Backup Pro" to backup my apps etc...(no root necessary). It will backup the apps but without the app settings info. So, if you restore the apps, you have to input your info again.

So it doesn't save app data, like game saves (unless rooted), right?

It looks like it does save MMS, which might be useful for me. SMS Backup+ doesn't do that (will backup your MMS pics to Gmail, but not restore them back to your phone).
22nd October 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

119 posts
No, won't backup saved data. If rooted, I would have used titanium backup. Would save apps+data.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
25th October 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag South Hadley, Ma. USA
Thanks Meter: 1,405

4,053 posts
More
Wrong section. Please keep all question/help related threads in the Q&A section only. Thank You.

Thread Moved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

Sent from my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.
16th November 2013, 08:19 AM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
Smile
I just saw this topic and hope share my experience, worried about the fact that HTC One doesn't Sync both ways like other ccounts (Blackberry iPhone etc). Contacts outdated on PC's Outlook now and most new contacts are put on the phone, bit concerned about no back up should the phone fail - can Dropbox be used for this or any other suggestions re how to protect all info in the People section?

PS: I just used Coolmuster Android Assisant, it can copy everything from phone to pc and it also can send messagse from pc to phone.

For HTC contacts: How to backup HTC contacts to computer
For HTC messages: How to print text messages from HTC
Last edited by Mussorre; 18th November 2013 at 03:52 AM.
18th November 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor

7,549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussorre

I just saw this topic and hope share my experience, worried about the fact that HTC One doesn't Sync both ways like other ccounts (Blackberry iPhone etc). Contacts outdated on PC's Outlook now and most new contacts are put on the phone, bit concerned about no back up should the phone fail - can Dropbox be used for this or any other suggestions re how to protect all info in the People section?

The default on Android is to backup all contact info to Gmail. You can verify by simply logging into Gmail on a PC and see if all your contacts are there. If not go into Contacts settings on the phone and merge contacts.

BTW, you realize this is the forum section for the HTC One X/XL, not the HTC One? They are completely different phones. Your post history is all over the place, so I can't even tell what device you own.

Also, you are responding to a thread over a year old.

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread