Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Firmware/OTA's] [root66] SGH-T999(All Variants!) Official & Root66 FW & OTA Updates!

OP DocHoliday77

31st October 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #21  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 34

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Care to elaborate?????

Sorry. I meant the FW updates that can be flashed via recovery. Do they have to be installed via stock recovery? I tried CWM and the installation failed.
31st October 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,500

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
No they dont. If you are using a different modem than what came with the build your applying the update to it would fail.

Also, if you have applied any mods, custom kernels, etc, it will fail.

Let me know what youve done and what rom and build you are running and ill try to help. Also let me know of any mods or changes. Including build.prop changes.

Im in the middle of writing up instructions that cover all of this, so give me just a bit and ill get it posted. Im going to cover 3 ways to update using the otas.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #23  
Flag Houston

422 posts
More
Quote:

No they dont. If you are using a different modem than what came with the build your applying the update to it would fail.

Also, if you have applied any mods, custom kernels, etc, it will fail.

Let me know what youve done and what rom and build you are running and ill try to help. Also let me know of any mods or changes. Including build.prop changes.

Im in the middle of writing up instructions that cover all of this, so give me just a bit and ill get it posted. Im going to cover 3 ways to update using the otas.

Thanks. All I have done is rooted and removed some stock apps using Titanium. My ROM and kernel are all stock. I rooted using the toolkit. I wonder if it flashed the kernel to root. My kernel version reads 3.0.8-925100-user.
31st October 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #24  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLG

Thanks. All I have done is rooted and removed some stock apps using Titanium. My ROM and kernel are all stock. I rooted using the toolkit. I wonder if it flashed the kernel to root. My kernel version reads 3.0.8-925100-user.

I doubt it wouldve flashed the kernel. Most likely the reason the update is failing is due to the removex apps. Before it begins updating it checks the whole system to make sure its un modified and ready for the patch.
Your best and easiest course of action at this point would be to flash the root66 firmware via Odin. Root66 is prerooted, and the latest fw is UVALJ4.
If you dont want to wait for me to get the instructions finished, check TheExels sticky thread in the q&a section for how to use Odin.

1st November 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #25  
Flag Houston

422 posts
More
Quote:

I doubt it wouldve flashed the kernel. Most likely the reason the update is failing is due to the removex apps. Before it begins updating it checks the whole system to make sure its un modified and ready for the patch.
Your best and easiest course of action at this point would be to flash the root66 firmware via Odin. Root66 is prerooted, and the latest fw is UVALJ4.
If you dont want to wait for me to get the instructions finished, check TheExels sticky thread in the q&a section for how to use Odin.

That's probably it. I just restored stock recovery and the update failed as well. I'll probably just wait until full JB has been released and install from there. Thanks for your assistance.
2nd November 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 58

1,046 posts
I have Frosty V7 now with CWM recovery and I'm unable to flash the T-Mobile leaked JB release. I thought it was flash-able through recovery?
2nd November 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #27  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud

I have Frosty V7 now with CWM recovery and I'm unable to flash the T-Mobile leaked JB release. I thought it was flash-able through recovery?

Top of post 2 shows requirements. These are OTAs. They patch existing files in a specific, fully stock build.

To flash one of the leaked otas you must first odin flash the UVALH2 fw. Then you can flash one of the jb otas.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
3rd November 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 18

154 posts
I'll never understand why people insist on uploading to garbage hosts like Hotfile.
3rd November 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #29  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
The hotfile links are the original ones provided by sammobile and samsung-updates.
One of the reasons I'm hosting them myself on androidfilehost and dev-host is to provide a far superior host for you guys to download from.
I agree hotfile is pretty worthless, but it wasn't for me to decide!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #30  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
More
Stuck at Samsung screen after flashing stock with Odin
Hey there Im not sure what else to do. I had taken the OTA update after getting my phone a few days ago. After it finished the update and rebooted, it automatically came up to download mode saying it couldn't boot. So I just flashed using Odin using the latest stock firmware for T-mobile (T999UVALJ4_T999TMBALJ4_T999UVALJ4_HOME.tar) It fixed the boot issue, and got the standard T-mobile boot screen and then switches to a Samsung logo that's animated. I've let it sit for about 45 mins now and it just sits there, the phone doesn't reboot or anything. I've tried older stock firmwares and I get the same thing. I even loaded CWM to flash a custom rom but I can't get CWM to see my microSD card to flash the zip. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Update: Never mind, I loaded stock recovery and did a factory reset/ clear cache and all is good now. You think I'd learn my lesson after screwing android phones for years.
Last edited by synapses11; 3rd November 2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: User stupidity

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, official, ota, root66, t999
Previous Thread Next Thread