Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Speaker Sound

Tip us?

Landmine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question No Speaker Sound

I believe the phone repair shop has damaged my phone. It went in for broken glass on the lcd. They broke the frame and replaced that after I refused to accept it, went and got it today, almost 2 months after bring it to them, and the screen looked great! The phone's headset speaker works, but the main speaker for ringing and speaker phone does not.

Anything I can do software to test it?

Anything I can do with this phone to fix it?

Worth anything without an external speaker?

Wilks3y
Old
Thanks Meter 638

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmine View Post
I believe the phone repair shop has damaged my phone. It went in for broken glass on the lcd. They broke the frame and replaced that after I refused to accept it, went and got it today, almost 2 months after bring it to them, and the screen looked great! The phone's headset speaker works, but the main speaker for ringing and speaker phone does not.

Anything I can do software to test it?

Anything I can do with this phone to fix it?

Worth anything without an external speaker?
You need to look for a speaker flex cable.

All I see is repair shops ruining peoples One X's, hense I don't want to send mine for repair.
If I Helped feel free to Thank me

My Websites:

The Following User Says Thank You to Wilks3y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Landmine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
If I could do it all over again I would have sent it to HTC directly. I regret everything.

Landmine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Any chance it has to do with my custom rom? Worked when I took it into the shop.. Maybe I need to reflash it?

FBlack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sorry

I had this problem too, but I did it. Going to open the phone for the well known Wi-Fi issue I've accidentally damaged the speaker going too much deeper with the swiss knife. Ordering a new rear for the phone with of course the speaker included solved my problem. It's around a 25 damage anyway, not huge amount of money but is definitely something. You should ask for a refund or explane them what possibly happens.