HTC One S C2 is forgotten by HTC itself!!!

OP qzem

23rd October 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #11  
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
Thanks Meter: 97

509 posts
So... only 9 replies... are the rest of you guys happy with your HTC One S Ville C2 and the support that HTC is providing?
23rd October 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #12  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 8

23 posts
More
Nope... not happy... it's just that whatever we do, HTC doesn't care about the "little people". They pulled a stunt, and in the short run, it worked.
I don't know how long it's going to last, because i think i'm not the only one who won't buy another HTC phone again.

That being said, I am very disappointed since i found that there are two versions of the One S - especially that i have the inferior one with limited support and development possibilities.

Long story, short: F U HTC !!!
23rd October 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 49

253 posts
More
I am very upset too.
I am really happy that we have awesome Devs who port their Roms on our S3 so wen can at least care about the updates on our own!

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
23rd October 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 58

344 posts
More
For me that was also my first and last HTC for sure. I worked during my whole summer vacation to get this phone and now I'm not satisfied with it. Should have gone with the SGS3 or tge Galaxy Nexus. I've already contacted HTC and they said that there will be update support because otherwise they would have announced that there will be no updates in the future. Somehow I can't believe this statement.

Sent from my HTC One S using Trickdroid v3.0.0

There is hope guys:
Support: Vielen Dank (Me), dass Sie HTC kontaktiert haben. Ihre Anfrage wird geprueft.
Me: Vielen Dank
Support: Das Update vom HTC One S soll in diesen Tagen ausgerollt werden. Bis alle Geräte erreicht sind, dauert es ca 45 Tage
Me: Welches Android wäre das dann?
Support: entschuldigen sie bitte. Das ist das Jelly bean Update
Me: Okey. Sind Sie sicher, dass dieses Update auch für das One S villec2 (mit Snapdragon S3) kommt? Weil ich habe bisher nur gelesen, dass das Jelly Bean Update für das normale Ville kommt, ohne das das VilleC2 erwähnt wurde.
Support: Doch, da wird keine ausnahme gemacht. Unsere offizielle Information macht da keine Unterschiede.
Me: Okey, vielen Dank für die Auskunft.

English:
Support: Thank you for contacting HTC. We are checking your request.
Me: Thank you
Support: The update for the One S will be coming in the next days. It will take about 45 days until every device is reached.
Me: Which Android is it going to be?
Support: excuse me. This will be the Jelly bean pdate
Me: Okey. Are you sure that this update will be coming for the One S villec2 (with Snapdragon S3)? Because I've only read news saying that the Jelly Bean update is coming for the Ville. The VilleC2 was nerver mentioned in those news.
Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences.
Me: Okey, thank you for your help.

I hope I can rely on this information.
Last edited by .TanTien; 23rd October 2012 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .TanTien For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
More
I am not happy with the lack of updates. I am in the queue to speak to HTC and will post my chat log here when complete.
The Following User Says Thank You to th3ant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
I have to say i'm disapointed in the uptadate olicy for one s c2 too...the 3 dot menu black bar is really annoying on android 4.0.3, sense 4.0....
Although i cant say im experiencing lags with s3 processor...but i havent't tried the s4 processor...
Also, here in croatia (ex yugoslavia), there are no htc one s with s4...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
23rd October 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #17  
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca

509 posts
Everyone should contact htc online or by e-mail and tell them that you are dissapointed. I believe that contacting them online via chat, they definiotely do something about this problem.
@th3ant waiting for your chat transcript!

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TanTien

For me that was also my first and last HTC for sure. I worked during my whole summer vacation to get this phone and now I'm not satisfied with it. Should have gone with the SGS3 or tge Galaxy Nexus. I've already contacted HTC and they said that there will be update support because otherwise they would have announced that there will be no updates in the future. Somehow I can't believe this statement.

Sent from my HTC One S using Trickdroid v3.0.0

There is hope guys:
Support: Vielen Dank (Me), dass Sie HTC kontaktiert haben. Ihre Anfrage wird geprueft.
Me: Vielen Dank
Support: Das Update vom HTC One S soll in diesen Tagen ausgerollt werden. Bis alle Geräte erreicht sind, dauert es ca 45 Tage
Me: Welches Android wäre das dann?
Support: entschuldigen sie bitte. Das ist das Jelly bean Update
Me: Okey. Sind Sie sicher, dass dieses Update auch für das One S villec2 (mit Snapdragon S3) kommt? Weil ich habe bisher nur gelesen, dass das Jelly Bean Update für das normale Ville kommt, ohne das das VilleC2 erwähnt wurde.
Support: Doch, da wird keine ausnahme gemacht. Unsere offizielle Information macht da keine Unterschiede.
Me: Okey, vielen Dank für die Auskunft.

English:
Support: Thank you for contacting HTC. We are checking your request.
Me: Thank you
Support: The update for the One S will be coming in the next days. It will take about 45 days until every device is reached.
Me: Which Android is it going to be?
Support: excuse me. This will be the Jelly bean pdate
Me: Okey. Are you sure that this update will be coming for the One S villec2 (with Snapdragon S3)? Because I've only read news saying that the Jelly Bean update is coming for the Ville. The VilleC2 was nerver mentioned in those news.
Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences.
Me: Okey, thank you for your help.

I hope I can rely on this information.

Yeah right ... "Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences." excuse me but this is bull****!
Thanks for the chat transcript!
23rd October 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #18  

55 posts
More
Cool
Well all hell went down as my browser crashed when I finished the chat, and I have not received the transcript via email (still waiting though).
I do however remember the gist of it, just not word for word, so please do excuse me for this :/

They stated that the 4.0.4 update has already been released to automatic update servers. Depending on whether your phone is locked or branded with a certain network, times may vary. They did not mention anything about it varying from S4 to S3 models. The help representative also showed me how to check for update manually (Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates -> Check Now) but of course this returned nothing. I did persist for a bit about the 4.0.4 update, but they started to get a bit annoyed so I decided to move on.

I then inquired about the 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but only got what looked like a copy/pasted response. I said that they have confirmed that the HTC One X, One XL and One S will be receiving the update. Seeing as I don't think other users have got this I did not persist with asking why.

To finish off I mentioned that all users I have seen on Android Development forums with S3 models have not been receiving the updates. Initially he stated that this was because they may be on branded/different networks or access different automatic update servers, However I replied with there are cases of people on the same network not getting the update due to having a different model. I then suggested he should take what I said and pass it on to a member with higher position in the company, but he returned by saying it was third party evidence which can not be accredited for accuracy.

At this point he seemed quite annoyed with me and I chose to leave before anything happened or he started to not answer my questions properly. Once again sorry for the lack of log, but if you believe me (this is the truth honest ) I appreciate it.

----
If you found this useful please hit thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to th3ant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #19  
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca

509 posts
"he seemed quite annoyed with me"??? WHAT??? He is there because is his job to give you answers to all your questions!!! ****ing ***hole!
23rd October 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #20  

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylus1828

"he seemed quite annoyed with me"??? WHAT??? He is there because is his job to give you answers to all your questions!!! ****ing ***hole!

Well I was being rather persistent I'd let them off this time :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread