Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KFHD System.img Restore Tool- Updated links 5/15/14

Tip us?

wing-zero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxa05 View Post
Any news about downgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.2.1 using ths tool?!

Thx

soo far trying to flash 7.2.1 on the 7.2.2 is proving unsuccessful even with a factory cable... any1 have a system.img 7.2.2 or 7.2.1 that i can try with

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
If I have the 7.2.2 update on KFHD 7", Can this be used to revert back to 7.2.1 so that we can root again?
Yes this tool was made with a backup of the system.img from v7.2.1. It should not matter what version you are currently using. When I made the backup, to confirm downgrade was possible I used a previous backup and downgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.1.5 and it worked no problem.

8Succi8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing-zero View Post
im testing that out right now. i'll get back to u...
I would also like to know this

comtech1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey, I purchased the SkOrPn jig from SkOrPn. I connected it to my hd7 plugged it in fastboot came up on screen windows installed fire as adb but when I try to see if fast is working or use options 1 or 2 I wait a few seconds it says waiting for device and nothing ever happens. I also tried unplugging and re-plugging after it said waiting for device. Any ideas?

comtech1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Update: problem fixed. I took your bat the gx.jar and the images folder and placed them in the platform tools folder and viola. Great tool. Thanks for your time and effort

Sent from my Stock Htc evo 4g
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comtech1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheDoolster
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Very bad tool. It bricked my Kindle.
Current Devices:
lg g2 D801 T-Mobile

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoolster View Post
Very bad tool. It bricked my Kindle.
I'm sorry to here that, the thing is this tool was primarily made to unbrick your device. Also the only thing this tool does is flash a system.img(and erase cache and userdata is you chose to), so if something was messed with outside the system partition it does no good.

I personally used this tool many times and have confirmed others that have used it with no problems. Now if you could be more specific as to exactly what happened and the reason you were using this tool maybe a solution could be found, in the process helping me and others if there is a problem with it. Lets try to figure this out before claiming it is a "bad" tool.

I can see there seems to be a problem with a file missing(from platform tools of sdk) to allow this to downgrade the system. If someone can point this out please let me know. Although I no longer own the 7" model so I cannot test this myself. That said if anyone would like to take over updating this tool for the 7" feel free.
The Following User Says Thank You to onemeila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gavroche
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Hi,

I tried this using the 7.2.1 image on my KFHD 7" and system boots to system recovery mode and will not boot normally.

I then tried 7.1.5 image and it boots up ok but wifi and touch screen is not working?

I tried also deleting the userdata and cache and that makes no difference.

Is there no way we can use this to restore an original Amazon .bin file?

Many thanks

Solaris81
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I tried this to restore a demo kindle fire HD i bought from a comet closing down sale. It seems to have worked but for one major issue, the touchscreen no longer works, as above user. Not sure what to do now.

Solaris81
Old
(Last edited by Solaris81; 17th December 2012 at 02:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Tried this again using the 7.2.2 system image and now it doesn't even boot.

EDIT: Thanks to longthinkzhang I've solved this problem by flashing the other partitions that he provided.