Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help]How to root lg p500 2.3.3 without pc because usb is dead

Tip us?

klemo4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] [Help]How to root lg p500 2.3.3 without pc because usb is dead

Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
When you say the USB is dead, you mean there's something wrong with the phone, and the computers are ok? The phone port is dead, but it will charge?
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 20 Flash experimental .zip
> 30 IF (works) THEN GOTO 50
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake

klemo4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The usb is damaged... Is not working... I have try to fix it but not chance so i remove it... I place the battery to universal charger to charge it.. :P

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
I understand your desire to root the device, but without the ability to connect to a computer, it's really dangerous. If something goes wrong with installing a custom recovery, for example, you'll have no way to unbrick it (kdz, etc.).

I would try to get the USB port repaired, before you dream about flashing things.
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake

klemo4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am aware of dangerous and i am ok with it, so you know any way to root my device...?

tyraelsmight
Old
(Last edited by tyraelsmight; 24th October 2012 at 09:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemo4 View Post
Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...
I was going to suggest an adb WiFi program, but apparently you need root for that :s all of the new methods I have seen require adb . Will keep looking and will let you know if I find a solution.

Sent from my LG-P500

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Yeah, I'm not personally aware of any way to root the P50x without a computer, especially since we don't really have a stock recovery.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake

acerkumar
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I am also waiting for rooting tool without using PC because I don't have PC.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium