Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Help]How to root lg p500 2.3.3 without pc because usb is dead

OP klemo4

24th October 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...
24th October 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 521

1,488 posts
When you say the USB is dead, you mean there's something wrong with the phone, and the computers are ok? The phone port is dead, but it will charge?
24th October 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
The usb is damaged... Is not working... I have try to fix it but not chance so i remove it... I place the battery to universal charger to charge it.. :P
24th October 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #4  

1,488 posts
I understand your desire to root the device, but without the ability to connect to a computer, it's really dangerous. If something goes wrong with installing a custom recovery, for example, you'll have no way to unbrick it (kdz, etc.).

I would try to get the USB port repaired, before you dream about flashing things.
24th October 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
I am aware of dangerous and i am ok with it, so you know any way to root my device...?
24th October 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemo4

Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...

I was going to suggest an adb WiFi program, but apparently you need root for that :s all of the new methods I have seen require adb . Will keep looking and will let you know if I find a solution.

Sent from my LG-P500
Last edited by tyraelsmight; 24th October 2012 at 10:08 PM.
24th October 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #7  

1,488 posts
Yeah, I'm not personally aware of any way to root the P50x without a computer, especially since we don't really have a stock recovery.
25th October 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 29

280 posts
More
I am also waiting for rooting tool without using PC because I don't have PC.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread