Changing boot logo (logo.bin) program

Search This thread

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hi all!
I've created a little program, It can make new logo.bin with recovery update.zip for Mediatek based phones.

1) LogoBuilder

Program page

Update 11.03.2015 (version 1.6)
1) Added 32bit color depth support (MTK67xx platform)
2) Enchanced image size autodetect algorithm
3) Transited to .NET Framework 4.0.

Update 17.05.2014 (version 1.5.1)
1) Added vertical scrollbar in main window;
2) Double click on image opens it in default program;
3) Added full path edit in folder browser dialog.

Update 04.05.2014 (version 1.5)
1) Fixed bug with ignoring unknown blocks;
2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
3) Now you can edit single image size right in created project;
4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
6) Added Portuguese (thanks to Typhus_).
7) Added Italian (thanks to bovirus (bovirusatgmailcom))

How to use:
1) Click "Create project".
2) Select your original logo.bin file and new project folder
3) Edit project images as you wish.
4) Click "Make" (new logo.bin and update.zip for recovery will be created)
5) Flash new logo.bin via any flashing tool or update.zip via recovery.

Where can I get logo.bin?
I know at least two ways to find your logo.bin.
1) The first and the easiest one is to get it from original flashtool firmware.
f71634b0d2df2320f3be97afc0bd862c.png

2) You can get it with "dd" command
Code:
dd if=/dev/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin bs=3145728 count=1
Make sure you runnig this code with root privilegies.

Current languages are:
Russian
English
Spanish
Simplified Chinese
Portuguese
Italian

-------------
2) LogoBuilder UNPACKED
One more LogoBuilder program feature (kind of beta version)...
I've received a logo.bin file (from Freelander PD10), that has some different format. Its images are not packed at all. So here is the "Unpacked" version of LogoBuilder.
It does not make Update.zip and has only English language.

-------------
3) Gif2Bootanimation
One more little program. It can make bootanimation.zip file from a GIF file.

Attachments

• LogoBuilder_Unpacked.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 91,379
  • Gif2BootAnimation.zip
    554.6 KB · Views: 92,080
  • LogoBuilder_v1.6.zip
    602.7 KB · Views: 95,517
Last edited:

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
Working

Hello ankadnikov,

thanks alot my friend for taking the time to develop this tool.. amazing job for the Unpack-er logobuilder version.

I confirm that it's working. the: LogoBuilder_Unpacked.zip is the one working to extract the 4 images out of the .Bin file format, but it doesn't work with the .Img file format, don't know what's wrong there with the .img format..!

also the Unpacked version would make back a logo.bin file which I assume would create a new logo.bin out of the new images u would replace in case u would change the logo images inside the original file, so once replaced u can click on MAKE and it'll create the: logo.bin file so later on u can flash it to your PD10.

as for the: LogoBuilder_v1.1.zip, well I havent tried it yet as I was out and just came home now and about to go get some sleep and will try it in the morning or afternoon.

here is a Picture for the Unpacked version of the logo builder with 4 images extracted:

unpacked-4images.jpg

will try to add more info later on when I try to replace the images and when I try to flash it to the PD10 .. couldn't just go to sleep without coming to try and to say: Thank you Kadan. :good:

Attachments

• unpacked-4images.jpg
    unpacked-4images.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 15,723

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
Hello,

well I got this .img file from a full backup of my tablet... and yes.. maybe it's corrupted or something.

so far I'm trying to flash it to my tablet with SP Flash tool but no luck yet... I'm trying different methods and when I'm done I was planing on comeing here to confirm again..

still trying :confused:

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
hi again,

something wrong with the logo.bin after flashing it to the tablet...

when I started up the tablet after successful flashing I got the first image with lots of distortion u cant see nothing but lines and dots widely.

it got corrupted for some reason while if I unpacked it again I see nice images.

so anyways... after booting and the first image with lots distortion it loaded back the original logo..

I'll try adjusting the resolution maybe this is why...

I used 1024x600 which is my tablet's res. but I dont know... will keep trying..

be back in a few...

::EDIT::

I'm back now, and I tried lots of things to make the new logo.bin installed and get the images I want but no luck so far..

I always get the first image Distorted so u dont see the picture or even could tell what is it suppose to be or look like!!! very distorted thing, then the original Freelander logo will appear.

I think that the Freelander Logo is inside the BOOT_LOGO file inside: /system/media/images

this is where I believe the Freelander logo has another place for itself...

my tablet resolution is 1024x600 supposed to be 16:9 so I'll try different res. later and see again.

or thanks to yuweng I'll get back to his tutorials in his Signature and see what I can do with Cygwin

I also thank him so much for testing with me some logo.bin files and other methods.. he's been a GREAT HELP.

so far I have no luck installing the edited logo.bin into my tablet but I'll keep trying anyways..

be back later...

Last edited:

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
hi again,

something wrong with the logo.bin after flashing it to the tablet...

when I started up the tablet after successful flashing I got the first image with lots of distortion u cant see nothing but lines and dots widely.

it got corrupted for some reason while if I unpacked it again I see nice images.

so anyways... after booting and the first image with lots distortion it loaded back the original logo..

I'll try adjusting the resolution maybe this is why...

I used 1024x600 which is my tablet's res. but I dont know... will keep trying..

be back in a few...

I'm back now, and I tried lots of things to make the new logo.bin installed and get the images I want but no luck so far..

I always get the first image Distorted so u dont see the picture or even could tell what is it suppose to be or look like!!! very distorted thing, then the original Freelander logo will appear.

I think that the Freelander Logo is inside the BOOT_LOGO file inside: /system/media/images

this is where I believe the Freelander logo has another place for itself...

my tablet resolution is 1024x600 supposed to be 16:9 so I'll try different res. later and see again.

or thanks to yuweng I'll get back to his tutorials in his Signature and see what I can do with Cygwin

I also thank him so much for testing with me some logo.bin files and other methods.. he's been a GREAT HELP.

so far I have no luck installing the edited logo.bin into my tablet but I'll keep trying anyways..

be back later...

Distorted? Hmm... It seems like resolution you need is 600x1024 instead of 1024x600 (btw, images from your corrupted logo.img are vertical, i.e. 600x1024, and in logo.bin they are horizontal, i.e. 1024x600). Try use tool this way and flash new logo.bin.

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
Distorted? Hmm... It seems like resolution you need is 600x1024 instead of 1024x600 (btw, images from your corrupted logo.img are vertical, i.e. 600x1024, and in logo.bin they are horizontal, i.e. 1024x600). Try use tool this way and flash new logo.bin.

again distorted... not working...

what I do is that I open the PNG file in Pgotoshop and edit it. then again save it as PNG... do I need to save the PNG with a special settings or specifications?? cause after all I guess this is maybe the only thing I need to ask about to try since I almost did everything and still not being able to have a working logo

also there's something weird... even when I change the first image which is FREELANDER... this one after changing it and gets distorted while in real tablet power on.. after the distorted image come then directly after it the FREELANDER logo will load!!!

where did this other freelander logo came from?? since I deleted the 1st image from the bin and replaced it with the one I want?

could it be possible that freelander logo has another place for their logo?

could it be the Boot_logo??

inside: \system\media\images

I sent you my boot_logo to check out..

thanks

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
again distorted... not working...

what I do is that I open the PNG file in Pgotoshop and edit it. then again save it as PNG... do I need to save the PNG with a special settings or specifications?? cause after all I guess this is maybe the only thing I need to ask about to try since I almost did everything and still not being able to have a working logo

also there's something weird... even when I change the first image which is FREELANDER... this one after changing it and gets distorted while in real tablet power on.. after the distorted image come then directly after it the FREELANDER logo will load!!!

where did this other freelander logo came from?? since I deleted the 1st image from the bin and replaced it with the one I want?

could it be possible that freelander logo has another place for their logo?

could it be the Boot_logo??

inside: \system\media\images

I sent you my boot_logo to check out..

thanks

You should go this way. Close the program. Open .project file from your project folder via notepad. It contains the next text:
Now rearrange this lines. So you should get this:

Than you should rotate all of your images by 90 degrees. Their size must be 600x1024 (vertical) instead of 1024x600(horizontal). ("Image->Image Rotation" in Photoshop).

After you did it, you can open this project in program (click "Open existing project"), make new logo.bin file and flash it to your device.

What about boot_logo. Yes, it could be boot_logo. File you gave me contains silver fleelander logo on a black background.

PS. If you distorted logo.bin is 600x1024 (vertical) make it 1024x600(horizontal). Just rearrange width and height.

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
what I did with the 600x1024 was that I openeded logobuilder unpacker then I created a new project, opened the logo.bin then when it asked me about the resolution I choose 600x1024 (so this is I guess the same as manually editing the project file in note pad)

and after I did that I got the same distortion image.

about the boot_logo... I mean that since the first image already changed and there is no more FREELANDER in the logo.bin then how come after the distorted image loads up I suddenly see FREELANDER back again as if I didnt change the logo.bin..... so I think that the boot_logo has the freelander image and that it's loading itself

this is what I mean by the boot_logo and maybe that I also need to edit it and also replace the freelander there with the image I want..

I'll try more and let you know..

thanks Kadan

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
what I did with the 600x1024 was that I openeded logobuilder unpacker then I created a new project, opened the logo.bin then when it asked me about the resolution I choose 600x1024 (so this is I guess the same as manually editing the project file in note pad)

and after I did that I got the same distortion image.

about the boot_logo... I mean that since the first image already changed and there is no more FREELANDER in the logo.bin then how come after the distorted image loads up I suddenly see FREELANDER back again as if I didnt change the logo.bin..... so I think that the boot_logo has the freelander image and that it's loading itself

this is what I mean by the boot_logo and maybe that I also need to edit it and also replace the freelander there with the image I want..

I'll try more and let you know..

thanks Kadan
This program does not edit boot_logo.

After you created project with 600x1024 resolution, you can see distorted images just the same as you flashed 1024x600 logo.bin to your device. Now replace this distorted images to images you want to see on your device and everything will be fine! :)

Reactions: SOMGPS

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
uqualis fars

Kadan u dont understand...

I see the images just fine on my PC... the 1024x600 and the 600x1024 but once I flash either bin file to the tablet the first image which is the only image I always change always get distorted..

I dont change any other pictures... only the first image (freelander) thats the one..

no matter what I do I get it distortied... always distorted... either 1024x600 or 600x1024

if u want I can send you my edited logo.bin to try for yourself if u want.

I may need to know how to save a PNG file in a proper way like what there is inside the original logo.bin maybe something is wrong with how I save the PNG... but it's so fine in my PC.

anyways.... I'm still trying different things

okay.. now I tried to rotate counter clockwise 90 degrees and now all is fine except one thing

when the tablet is OFF and charging and u fast click the power button to see the charging meter... u see 4 Green Bars moving up inside the Batters... right?

now my Battery image is Vertically while the Green bars are Horizontally !!!

here's an Image to check out and know what I'm talking about:

s7.postimage.org/tuiqq3lvt/20121106084.jpg

let me know if u can't see the picture

thanks Buddy

Last edited:

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
now my Battery image is Vertically while the Green bars are Horizontally !!!

It's right! Because the logo.bin you are trying to edit is NOT from your originally ROM. I tried to inform you about this, saying about different orintations in your logo.bin and logo.img files. I'm glad to see you commence to understand what is wrong with your logo. Now just adjust your battery image for charging green bars (you cannot edit their positions) and everything will be OK.

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
something is weird here....

u know what?? I suspect that something is wrong with the: build.prop file.... I highly think there is something wrong with it..

your logobuilder_unpacked tool is Great Kadan... I confirm it's working fine but just needs some adjustments based on different logo.bin built around, but the tool is great for MT65xx processors and this is one rare thing to have a GUI tool for supporting its logos...

I wish you could also develop another GUI tool doing the same thing with the boot_logo as well..

and for now I'll keep trying out whats wrong with the build.prop file and the theory I have in mind and will come for a feedback.

thanks again

EGY_STARS

Sep 15, 2012
Hello Kadan...

your tool is working great... and the new make BOOT_LOGO feature is awesome... great job... and hope u edit your first post to mention it.

thanks alot for such all in one tool for logos

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hello Kadan...

your tool is working great... and the new make BOOT_LOGO feature is awesome... great job... and hope u edit your first post to mention it.

thanks alot for such all in one tool for logos

BOOT_LOGO feature is added :)
Also added support for some phones that couldn't be edited right in previous version (such as Zopo ZP900, Jiayu G3, Amoi N820 etc.)

See the first post of this topic.

Reactions: EGY_STARS

sihag

Dec 26, 2011
Jaipur
Not working for Lenovo A60

Created an update.zip by the method and flashed it too but nothing changed :crying:.
Desperately wanna change Lenovo boot logo..
Any Ideas?
zip file attached..

Attachments

• update.zip
    165.3 KB · Views: 938

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Created an update.zip by the method and flashed it too but nothing changed :crying:.
Desperately wanna change Lenovo boot logo..
Any Ideas?
zip file attached..
Some devices can't be flashed with "package_extract_file("logo.bin", "/dev/logo");". You can create your own script (try using "write_raw_image()") or flash new logo.bin via flashing tool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    I've created a little program, It can make new logo.bin with recovery update.zip for Mediatek based phones.

1) LogoBuilder

Program page

Update 11.03.2015 (version 1.6)
    1) Added 32bit color depth support (MTK67xx platform)
    2) Enchanced image size autodetect algorithm
    3) Transited to .NET Framework 4.0.

Update 17.05.2014 (version 1.5.1)
    1) Added vertical scrollbar in main window;
    2) Double click on image opens it in default program;
    3) Added full path edit in folder browser dialog.

2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
    4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
    5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
    7) Added Italian (thanks to bovirus (bovirusatgmailcom))

How to use:
    1) Click "Create project".
    2) Select your original logo.bin file and new project folder
    3) Edit project images as you wish.
    4) Click "Make" (new logo.bin and update.zip for recovery will be created)
    5) Flash new logo.bin via any flashing tool or update.zip via recovery.

Where can I get logo.bin?
    I know at least two ways to find your logo.bin.
    1) The first and the easiest one is to get it from original flashtool firmware.
    f71634b0d2df2320f3be97afc0bd862c.png

2) You can get it with "dd" command
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin bs=3145728 count=1
    Make sure you runnig this code with root privilegies.

Current languages are:
    Russian
    English
    Spanish
    Simplified Chinese
    Portuguese
    Italian

-------------
    2) LogoBuilder UNPACKED
    One more LogoBuilder program feature (kind of beta version)...
    I've received a logo.bin file (from Freelander PD10), that has some different format. Its images are not packed at all. So here is the "Unpacked" version of LogoBuilder.
    It does not make Update.zip and has only English language.

-------------
    3) Gif2Bootanimation
    One more little program. It can make bootanimation.zip file from a GIF file.

You can download new version from the first post of this topic.
    Working

Hello ankadnikov,

thanks alot my friend for taking the time to develop this tool.. amazing job for the Unpack-er logobuilder version.

I confirm that it's working. the: LogoBuilder_Unpacked.zip is the one working to extract the 4 images out of the .Bin file format, but it doesn't work with the .Img file format, don't know what's wrong there with the .img format..!

also the Unpacked version would make back a logo.bin file which I assume would create a new logo.bin out of the new images u would replace in case u would change the logo images inside the original file, so once replaced u can click on MAKE and it'll create the: logo.bin file so later on u can flash it to your PD10.

as for the: LogoBuilder_v1.1.zip, well I havent tried it yet as I was out and just came home now and about to go get some sleep and will try it in the morning or afternoon.

here is a Picture for the Unpacked version of the logo builder with 4 images extracted:

unpacked-4images.jpg

will try to add more info later on when I try to replace the images and when I try to flash it to the PD10 .. couldn't just go to sleep without coming to try and to say: Thank you Kadan. :good:
    Hi.

I'm having troubles unpacking a peculiar logo.bin.. LogoBuilder throws a couple of warnings and if I ignore and proceed it gets unpacked, however after modifying images, repacking and flashing to the device it doesn't work (just a black screen).

Could someone please take a look? (*was already searching but could not find it yet - is there a "format description" (of logo.bin contents) floating around?)

Tnx in advance.

The program has a bug with ignoring block sizes. To avoid it you should recreate the project after you press ignore button in unknown size dialog.
    The new release with this bug fixed will be issued in a few days.

Sent from my ThL W8 using XDA Free mobile app
    New version released.