Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Workig Bionic on T-MO Running official ICS OTA update guide

Tip us?

DBoyFresh954
Old
(Last edited by DBoyFresh954; 3rd November 2012 at 05:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Workig Bionic on T-MO Running official ICS OTA update guide

Success!!!

This is a step by step that I used and it worked(Tmobile) for official release ICS:

01. Update to ICS
02. Power off phone and wipe data in Stock Recovery
03. Power on phone and edit the hex values with Radiocomm see: post 29/30 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1297714&page=3
04. Power off phone
05. Remove sim card
06. Power phone back on
07. Connect to PC
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.apk.bak)
10. Delete STK.odex (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.odex.bak)
11. Modify Build.prop values as is:

ro.telephony.default_network=7
ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

and add this to the bottom:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength

12. Power off phone
13. Insert SIM
14. Power on!
15. Dial *#*#info#*#* switch to WCDMA Preferred

Should be good to go!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DBoyFresh954 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sompom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sorry, but I need to ask a question that is probably frustratingly obvious,
When I go to use the RadioComm tool, the instructions says to put the phone in PC mode. I can't find PC mode on the phone, and whenever I try to use RadioComm, everything is red... the blood-red of failure...
How did you get around this? I've only had the phone for an afternoon (I'm enabling TMobile for a friend) so maybe I just don't know where the button for PC mode is!
Thanks for this. I was about to give up. I thought it was required to downgrade to the last GB rom (which is, apparently, impossible). I'm glad to give this a shot.

wnandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sompom View Post
I'm sorry, but I need to ask a question that is probably frustratingly obvious,
When I go to use the RadioComm tool, the instructions says to put the phone in PC mode. I can't find PC mode on the phone, and whenever I try to use RadioComm, everything is red... the blood-red of failure...
How did you get around this? I've only had the phone for an afternoon (I'm enabling TMobile for a friend) so maybe I just don't know where the button for PC mode is!
Thanks for this. I was about to give up. I thought it was required to downgrade to the last GB rom (which is, apparently, impossible). I'm glad to give this a shot.
Press the menu (at the left bottom corner), then system settings, choose developer options, then click usb debugging. Connect the usb cable to the pc. usb debugging connected displayed on the top left corner. Slide the usb icon down, tag the connected as media device, then click media device (MTP).

---------- Post added 27th October 2012 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th October 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoyFresh954 View Post
Success!!!

This is a step by step that I used and it worked(Tmobile) for official release ICS:

01. Update to ICS
02. Power off phone and wipe data in Stock Recovery
03. Power on phone and edit the hex values with Radiocomm see: post 29/30 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1297714&page=3
04. Power off phone
05. Remove sim card
06. Power phone back on
07. Connect to PC
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk
10. Delete STK.odex

12. Power off phone
13. Insert SIM
14. Power on!
15. Dial *#*#info#*#* switch to WCDMA Preferred

Should be good to go!
Confirm it works on ATT. Thanks

Sompom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnandroid View Post
Press the menu (at the left bottom corner), then system settings, choose developer options, then click usb debugging. Connect the usb cable to the pc. usb debugging connected displayed on the top left corner. Slide the usb icon down, tag the connected as media device, then click media device (MTP).
Haha... It turned out to be just as stupid an error as I thought it would be... I didn't have the correct drivers installed -.- . I installed MotoCast, rebooted, tried again, and it worked! Yay.
Thank you!
Also, more notes for people who are as moto-clueless as me:
Stk.apk and Stk.odex are in /system/app
build.prop is in /system

It now accepts my Tmobile SIM, but it can't find any service. I've looked around, and it seems that lots of people with TMobile are having no luck with stock ICS, but ATT works fine. Any ideas? I changed ro.telephony.default_network=7 to =0 because that's how it appears in my TMobile MyTouch 4G Slide.

DBoyFresh954
Old
(Last edited by DBoyFresh954; 27th October 2012 at 09:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Haha... It turned out to be just as stupid an error as I thought it would be... I didn't have the correct drivers installed -.- . I installed MotoCast, rebooted, tried again, and it worked! Yay.
Thank you!
Also, more notes for people who are as moto-clueless as me:
Stk.apk and Stk.odex are in /system/app
build.prop is in /system

It now accepts my Tmobile SIM, but it can't find any service. I've looked around, and it seems that lots of people with TMobile are having no luck with stock ICS, but ATT works fine. Any ideas? I changed ro.telephony.default_network=7 to =0 because that's how it appears in my TMobile MyTouch 4G Slide.
Try using my build.prop file. Heres the link to my post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33261067

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Sompom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you have it working on T-Mobile? I gave it back to him this morning, but I sent him idiot-quality instructions to replace the build.prop. He says it doesn't work. He's on prepaid, so he as decided to just switch to Verizon. (This is a great idea where we live, T-Mobile has 2G and Verizon has 4G...) I hope this is an isolated instance rather than a generic problem with T-Mobile on the Bionic.
If I'm walking with him past an ATT store, I'll see if they'll let me try a SIM, so see if it was just me or if it's locked (or something?)... Unfortunately, there aren't many ATT stores for hours of where we live

DBoyFresh954
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Do you have it working on T-Mobile? I gave it back to him this morning, but I sent him idiot-quality instructions to replace the build.prop. He says it doesn't work. He's on prepaid, so he as decided to just switch to Verizon. (This is a great idea where we live, T-Mobile has 2G and Verizon has 4G...) I hope this is an isolated instance rather than a generic problem with T-Mobile on the Bionic.
If I'm walking with him past an ATT store, I'll see if they'll let me try a SIM, so see if it was just me or if it's locked (or something?)... Unfortunately, there aren't many ATT stores for hours of where we live
Yes I have it working on T-Mobile here's a screenshot. The reason 3g/hspa+(4g) doesn't work for T-Mo everywhere with the Bionic is because they are in the process of switching bands to the standard 1900mhz band in the US. ATT users get full use of their band and 3g/hspa+(4g)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351731272876.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1447245  

scarocean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk
10. Delete STK.odex

that is the part i need explained a bit more.

also Don't T mobile and ATT run on the same Networkish...
I've got a ST(ATT) Sim card for my Droid bionic works fine, cept when i updated to ICS i can no longer send SMS/MMS. Been searching for about 10 days now. no fix.

DBoyFresh954
Old
(Last edited by DBoyFresh954; 3rd November 2012 at 06:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarocean View Post
that is the part i need explained a bit more.

also Don't T mobile and ATT run on the same Networkish...
I've got a ST(ATT) Sim card for my Droid bionic works fine, cept when i updated to ICS i can no longer send SMS/MMS. Been searching for about 10 days now. no fix.
Yes they have the same type of network but they work on different bands. ATT=1900mhz T-Mo=1700mhz(switching to 1900mhz by end of year) The reason SMS/MMS isnt working is because you need to modify the build.prop file in your root folder. Ive attached the 1 click root program for the Bionic, use this to root your phone. After you root your phone you will need to download some type of root explorer so that you can access the root folder. You no longer have to delete the STK files just rename them with .bak extensions. They are located in /system/app. Then access /system and switch to R/W mode. You have to edit build.prop with the values in the guide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip razrs_edge_windows.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.71 MB, 251 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DBoyFresh954 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scarocean
Old
(Last edited by scarocean; 5th November 2012 at 02:00 AM.) Reason: Forgot to mention...
Thanks Meter 0
Default T-Mobile AND AT&T

Quote:
Yes they have the same type of network but they work on different bands. ATT=1900mhz T-Mo=1700mhz(switching to 1900mhz by end of year) The reason SMS/MMS isnt working is...
Works, but i'm only pulling 'Edge' Network. No 3g like before

Thank you VERY much. But i've got some information and a question...

I was too excited to try what you said to do so i didn't go back and read the instructions on post #1.
My phone had the SIM already still in it.
WCDMA was selected
Hex was still set to AT&T/Tmobile.
Then...

-- I Root it.
-- I edit files as given above.
NOTHING CHANGED! CANT SEND SMS STILL!!!
-- Powercycle.
NOTHING CHANGED! CANT SEND SMS STILL!!!
-- Reboot, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset.

turn phone on: FULL BARS! (had to wait 1-2 minutes. and input SIM password)
Had Voice, but the calls kept failing

--Input APN for ST(att)
SMS/MMS work!!
Voice works
DATA works! ( Shows Edge2 )

My question is, Booted up on: GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)
GSM = -80dBm
Network: home. ( i have never heard of this.)
IMEI: unknown
my phone number shows on *#*#info, and under phone information -unlikebefore it did not. Yet my IMEI isn't showing... It did before.
The network i had before i made these changes phone displayed ATT as network, not it is 'home'
network type before was HSPA/HSPA+/Edge, not it is just EDGE2.

So i'm not on ATT like before, i am on GSM?
When I send SMS/MMS to my other phone it takes 20 seconds to 5 minutes to show up on her phone.
When I am sent SMS/MMS it takes just as much time to show up on mine.

after about 20 minutes of running the phone SMS send normal speed.
I never did do the "then access /system and switch to R/W mode." Because I don't know what you mean.
when i switch to WCDMA preferred, it took about 3 minutes to load up a signal, The network type is still 'home' before all this it used to be 'ATT'