22nd February 2013, 11:18 PM   |  #161  
Flag Falling Waters, WV
Thanks Meter: 971

4,344 posts
More
Re: [2013.02.20][SPH-L900] CF-Auto-Root
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeboxJohnny

Well, I reason I am asking is because no where in the OP does it say that root can be acquire after updating to the OTA update.

I only have stock right now, unrooted 4.1.1. So, I would update using the OTA update 4.1.2 and then root, correct?

This method works cause our bootloader isn't locked. It flashes a modified recovery them flashes supersu zip and then re flashes stock recovery. This should work on all future ota updates unless something drastically changes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 12:24 AM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclehead84

This method works cause our bootloader isn't locked. It flashes a modified recovery them flashes supersu zip and then re flashes stock recovery. This should work on all future ota updates unless something drastically changes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Ohhh, I see. That I did not know. Excellent, thank you.
23rd February 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #163  
Thanks Meter: 29

242 posts
I thought it was implied by the way things were said in the OP & have installed several OTA updates then used this to get root back. And here again with MA7 it works again. Great job.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
26th February 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #164  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
Systems folder?
How can I access the systems folder? What do I need to do?
26th February 2013, 11:39 PM   |  #165  
Thanks Meter: 401

724 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumPSI

How can I access the systems folder? What do I need to do?

You need to be rooted. Then, install a file explorer app (ES is is my favorite and it's free) and give it su permission and navigate down to "/" and you'll see the system folder...
27th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #166  
Flag San Clemente
Thanks Meter: 3

61 posts
More
I used this root method, and it worked beautifully. I was wondering how I would go about adding a custom recovery to this now? Any help would be great.

I can't seem to find a kernal with it packed in, I have mobile odin and am familiar with odin (coming from E4GT).
Last edited by Mbrook; 27th February 2013 at 09:52 PM.
27th February 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #167  
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 531

910 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrook

I used this root method, and it worked beautifully. I was wondering how I would go about adding a custom recovery to this now? Any help would be great.

I can't seem to find a kernal with it packed in, I have mobile odin and am familiar with odin (coming from E4GT).

If you want twrp custom recovery Google twrp go to there website select your phone and DL it or you and find the thread in the same as this topic scroll up or down you find it it has twrp in the topic

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
28th February 2013, 12:10 AM   |  #168  
Thanks Meter: 401

724 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrook

Or, just download the GooManager app (free from the Play Store), open it, click the menu button on your phone and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript", tap "Yes" on the Confirm screen and the latest TWRP recovery will be automatically installed on your phone. By the way, on this phone, kernels and recoveries are not tied together...
28th February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 11

92 posts
Update supersu?
Just rooted MA7, worked perfectly!! Once it rebooted, it is already saying that there is an update to supersu, is it safe to update that?
28th February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #170  
Flag Warren, Texas
Thanks Meter: 61

472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksde

Just rooted MA7, worked perfectly!! Once it rebooted, it is already saying that there is an update to supersu, is it safe to update that?

Yes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread