FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

662 posts
Thanks Meter: 84

By crazy talk, Senior Member on 26th October 2012, 08:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Another EDIT as of 7/12/13. go here for additional info/How to do it.

LINKY

Quote:

EDIT: GO HERE FOR WORKING GOOGLE WALLET. DO NOT DOWNLOAD CWM.ZIP INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2031127

Quote:

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

why is this happening? check HERE for more detail.

But for the sake of keeping everything together in this thread..

Quote:

Ok, first a little background

basically what you are seeing if you try to install google wallet on at&t, tmo, etc, is you get stuck on "activating device"
If you dig a little further and ran a logcat, you will see that there it no "SMX detected"

What this means, when compiling the rom you need to enable SmartMX in the config headers located in the external/libnfc-nxp library. (thats why it works on CM9, they do this)
this is impossible for us because there is no source for samsung's TouchWiz. We got a break on the international sgs3 as the latest update has the secure element enabled...so does the sprint sgs3

So, All i did was rip a handful of lib files and whatnot out of a International SGS3 (I-9300) and push them onto my Note II. and viola! you get all the ways to the point where you actually try and add the card. then things go downhill.

you can find information on people having the same problem we're now stuck at HERE

all you need is a rooted Galaxy Note II to flash the zip. must be running Touchwiz. should work on all US and International variants (providing it has an Exynos4412 in it)

Should go without saying, but this is my first CWM zip. it's been working fine for me the multiple times I've tested it. but you're on your own if you have problems. And i'm not responsible for damage.

NOTE: in my experience it doesn't matter where you get the Google Wallet APK from. I modified my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus and got it from the market. also tried the modified Modaco one from HERE with no change.

Attached Files
File Type: zip NoteII-GoogleWallet-NFCfix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (308.7 KB, 2372 views)
Last edited by crazy talk; 12th July 2013 at 08:37 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to crazy talk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazy talk Ad-Free

26th October 2012, 11:18 AM |#2  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Nice work!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
26th October 2012, 12:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you !
26th October 2012, 03:26 PM |#4  
Flag Heartland Tx
Thanks Meter: 121

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

So, All i did was rip a handful of lib files and whatnot out of a International SGS3 (I-9300) and push them onto my Note II. and viola! you get all the ways to the point where you actually try and add the card. then things go downhill.

you can find information on people having the same problem we're now stuck at HERE

all you need is a rooted Galaxy Note II to flash the zip. must be running Touchwiz. should work on all US and International variants (providing it has an Exynos4412 in it)

Should go without saying, but this is my first CWM zip. it's been working fine for me the multiple times I've tested it. but you're on your own if you have problems. And i'm not responsible for damage.

NOTE: in my experience it doesn't matter where you get the Google Wallet APK from. I modified my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus and got it from the market. also tried the modified Modaco one from HERE with no change.

Did you by chance change your build prop?
26th October 2012, 04:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk

Im not even able to get past anything it just says my device is not supported
The Following User Says Thank You to xso0j1nx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xso0j1nx Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 04:37 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xso0j1nx

Im not even able to get past anything it just says my device is not supported

did you edit the Build.Prop to this?

Code:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro
i had zero success editing the build.prop using the free stuff from the market. either make the changes from Root Explorer, or use ADB to pull it off the device, edit it and push it back on.
27th October 2012, 04:53 AM |#7  
Oxnard, CA
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Well, I got Wallet to launch successfully, haven't used it yet but will do so tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farfromovin Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 03:44 PM |#8  
Flag syracuse ny
Thanks Meter: 143

More
How did u add a card
29th October 2012, 05:53 AM |#9  
Oxnard, CA
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

Well, I got Wallet to launch successfully, haven't used it yet but will do so tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

And then I couldnt add a card...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
29th October 2012, 07:36 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

And then I couldnt add a card...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

this is where we're all getting stuck at. not sure what to do after that point. or what's causing the error in the first place...
29th October 2012, 03:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I have used Google wallet and I already have cards added to my wallet account. Besides adding the card, has anyone tried just activating their current cards?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)