Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

Tip us?
 
Esteef
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2010
I have used Google wallet and I already have cards added to my wallet account. Besides adding the card, has anyone tried just activating their current cards?
Phone LG Nexus 4 E960
Rom : PARANOIDANDROID 4.2.2 / Franco.Kernel r172
1.5 Ghz S4 Pro
 
b3ltazar
Old
#12  
b3ltazar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 426
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: syracuse ny

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteef View Post
I have used Google wallet and I already have cards added to my wallet account. Besides adding the card, has anyone tried just activating their current cards?
Yes tried activating current card , new cards, diffrent gmail. Maybe it has something to do with the nfc.apk if u try and change it. u wull lose nfc I think tmobile learned from the s3 not to make it so easy to get wallet working. If u open the apk w winrar you can see a lib file inside. Maybe thats key because wallet isnt seeing something from are phone that will get it to work like the s3 thread if u go into about in gwallet. Ull see controller applet version is empty thats what we need to figure out how to fix.esteef go into gwallet, about see if u have a controller applet version.thanks
 
Ghuslez28
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ltazar View Post
Yes tried activating current card , new cards, diffrent gmail. Maybe it has something to do with the nfc.apk if u try and change it. u wull lose nfc I think tmobile learned from the s3 not to make it so easy to get wallet working. If u open the apk w winrar you can see a lib file inside. Maybe thats key because wallet isnt seeing something from are phone that will get it to work like the s3 thread if u go into about in gwallet. Ull see controller applet version is empty thats what we need to figure out how to fix.esteef go into gwallet, about see if u have a controller applet version.thanks
If you were using GW on your last phone you have to either reset GW on the old device or login to GW in a browser and disable it. then you should be able to add the card. thats what i did at least. i also do it every time i flash a rom.
 
crazy talk
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 648
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghuslez28 View Post
If you were using GW on your last phone you have to either reset GW on the old device or login to GW in a browser and disable it. then you should be able to add the card. thats what i did at least. i also do it every time i flash a rom.
and that's letting you add the card on the Note II?
Current Devices: Galaxy S4 GPE, LG G2 AOSP

Past Devices: IPhone 2G>IPhone 3G>Touch Pro2>IPhone 3GS>Nexus One>HTC EVO>Palm Pre+>Motorola DroidX,Galaxy Tab>T-mobile G2,LG G-slate>G2x>HTC Sensation,T-Mo G2>Galaxy Note>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note II>HTC One,Nexus 10>???
 
prepaidguy9081
Old
#15  
prepaidguy9081's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 335
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milton

 
DONATE TO ME
Battery Low google wallet not working no matter what I try

so i get an error about root
ive installed the zip
changed the build.prop. with no luck
im on frosty v1
 
techn0crat
Old
(Last edited by techn0crat; 2nd November 2012 at 03:30 AM.)
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 64
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Has anyone tried using the older version?

1.5-R79-V5 -?-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881914

This works for others who get the same error message--

They say you have to push the .apk to /system/app, though--
(I'm not rooted yet, so I can't try it-- might root tonight and give it a shot.)
 
b3ltazar
Old
#17  
b3ltazar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 426
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: syracuse ny

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
so i get an error about root
ive installed the zip
changed the build.prop. with no luck
im on frosty v1
it would still work when you get the unsupported device message the problem we are having is when adding cards we get unexpected error.
 
crazy talk
Old
(Last edited by crazy talk; 2nd November 2012 at 08:42 PM.)
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 648
Join Date: Jun 2009
Going to try pulling more of the NFC based stuff from the international variants and pushing them onto ours to see if that makes an improvement. Right now all that zip does it update the libs down in /system/lib and /system/etc.

so, next test= NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk from the N7100. using the apk's from the I9300 cause bootloops.

EDIT: successfully pushed in the NFC apks from the N7100. but no change in Google Wallet when using the Modaco version.
Current Devices: Galaxy S4 GPE, LG G2 AOSP

Past Devices: IPhone 2G>IPhone 3G>Touch Pro2>IPhone 3GS>Nexus One>HTC EVO>Palm Pre+>Motorola DroidX,Galaxy Tab>T-mobile G2,LG G-slate>G2x>HTC Sensation,T-Mo G2>Galaxy Note>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note II>HTC One,Nexus 10>???
 
b3ltazar
Old
#19  
b3ltazar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 426
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: syracuse ny

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk View Post
Going to try pulling more of the NFC based stuff from the international variants and pushing them onto ours to see if that makes an improvement. Right now all that zip does it update the libs down in /system/lib and /system/etc.

so, next test= NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk from the N7100. using the apk's from the I9300 cause bootloops.

EDIT: successfully pushed in the NFC apks from the N7100. but no change in Google Wallet when using the Modaco version.
even the sprint and international note 2 users are having the same problems as us when adding cards. we need to find a note 2 that has gwallet enabled sucessfully. maybe the note 2 is lacking hardware?? this is frustrating
 
mejori
Old
#20  
mejori's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 451
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: fort myers

 
DONATE TO ME
Default RANT

WTF!!! isnt this illegal for the to block since they are trying to "monopolize" so that we have to use their sh!t(ISIS) they are not allowing competition so that they can implement their own payment system whenever they get it ready????

sorry this has bugged me since i got my first note. and i know its been covered... i feel much better now.
If i for some strange reason was able to help you in any way..hit the button BRO!


Sent from my Iphone...o wait I meant my Galaxy Note..
sorry,they are hard to tell apart since they are both rectangles!

The Following User Says Thank You to mejori For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes