[DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

29th October 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 55

170 posts
I have used Google wallet and I already have cards added to my wallet account. Besides adding the card, has anyone tried just activating their current cards?
29th October 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #12  
Flag syracuse ny
Thanks Meter: 121

427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteef

I have used Google wallet and I already have cards added to my wallet account. Besides adding the card, has anyone tried just activating their current cards?

Yes tried activating current card , new cards, diffrent gmail. Maybe it has something to do with the nfc.apk if u try and change it. u wull lose nfc I think tmobile learned from the s3 not to make it so easy to get wallet working. If u open the apk w winrar you can see a lib file inside. Maybe thats key because wallet isnt seeing something from are phone that will get it to work like the s3 thread if u go into about in gwallet. Ull see controller applet version is empty thats what we need to figure out how to fix.esteef go into gwallet, about see if u have a controller applet version.thanks
1st November 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ltazar

Yes tried activating current card , new cards, diffrent gmail. Maybe it has something to do with the nfc.apk if u try and change it. u wull lose nfc I think tmobile learned from the s3 not to make it so easy to get wallet working. If u open the apk w winrar you can see a lib file inside. Maybe thats key because wallet isnt seeing something from are phone that will get it to work like the s3 thread if u go into about in gwallet. Ull see controller applet version is empty thats what we need to figure out how to fix.esteef go into gwallet, about see if u have a controller applet version.thanks

If you were using GW on your last phone you have to either reset GW on the old device or login to GW in a browser and disable it. then you should be able to add the card. thats what i did at least. i also do it every time i flash a rom.
1st November 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

648 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghuslez28

If you were using GW on your last phone you have to either reset GW on the old device or login to GW in a browser and disable it. then you should be able to add the card. thats what i did at least. i also do it every time i flash a rom.

and that's letting you add the card on the Note II?
2nd November 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #15  
Flag Milton
Thanks Meter: 67

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery Low google wallet not working no matter what I try
so i get an error about root
ive installed the zip
changed the build.prop. with no luck
im on frosty v1
2nd November 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #16  
Marietta, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

64 posts
More
Has anyone tried using the older version?

1.5-R79-V5 -?-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881914

This works for others who get the same error message--

They say you have to push the .apk to /system/app, though--
(I'm not rooted yet, so I can't try it-- might root tonight and give it a shot.)
Last edited by techn0crat; 2nd November 2012 at 03:30 AM.
2nd November 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #17  
Flag syracuse ny

427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081

so i get an error about root
ive installed the zip
changed the build.prop. with no luck
im on frosty v1

it would still work when you get the unsupported device message the problem we are having is when adding cards we get unexpected error.
2nd November 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

648 posts
Going to try pulling more of the NFC based stuff from the international variants and pushing them onto ours to see if that makes an improvement. Right now all that zip does it update the libs down in /system/lib and /system/etc.

so, next test= NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk from the N7100. using the apk's from the I9300 cause bootloops.

EDIT: successfully pushed in the NFC apks from the N7100. but no change in Google Wallet when using the Modaco version.
Last edited by crazy talk; 2nd November 2012 at 08:42 PM.
2nd November 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #19  
Flag syracuse ny

427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk

Going to try pulling more of the NFC based stuff from the international variants and pushing them onto ours to see if that makes an improvement. Right now all that zip does it update the libs down in /system/lib and /system/etc.

so, next test= NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk from the N7100. using the apk's from the I9300 cause bootloops.

EDIT: successfully pushed in the NFC apks from the N7100. but no change in Google Wallet when using the Modaco version.

even the sprint and international note 2 users are having the same problems as us when adding cards. we need to find a note 2 that has gwallet enabled sucessfully. maybe the note 2 is lacking hardware?? this is frustrating
3rd November 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #20  
Flag fort myers
Thanks Meter: 137

451 posts
Donate to Me
More
RANT
WTF!!! isnt this illegal for the to block since they are trying to "monopolize" so that we have to use their sh!t(ISIS) they are not allowing competition so that they can implement their own payment system whenever they get it ready????

sorry this has bugged me since i got my first note. and i know its been covered... i feel much better now.

The Following User Says Thank You to mejori For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread