Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 4,989

3,437 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonut

I'm on the stock ma5 Rom coming from stock lk8 so not sure

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

I went from LK8 back to LJC. I think it has to do with that. I believe the LK8 changes stuff in the partitions and perhaps the partitions themselves. When I went back to ljc I had to flash The LJC fix. I do notice that all of my LK8 backups are in one folder and the new folder with the new serial number contains only the backups made after switching back to LJC.
8th February 2013, 02:17 PM   |  #242  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,802

4,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

I went from LK8 back to LJC. I think it has to do with that. I believe the LK8 changes stuff in the partitions and perhaps the partitions themselves. When I went back to ljc I had to flash The LJC fix. I do notice that all of my LK8 backups are in one folder and the new folder with the new serial number contains only the backups made after switching back to LJC.

Interesting, I wonder if the serial number is generated by the bootloader on this type of information.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #243  
Thanks Meter: 216

570 posts
Has anyone used Heimdall to flash twrp from linux?

Yesterday Triangle Away soft bricked my phone and I had to use odin on a windows laptop to flash twrp back in.

I compiled heimdal and heimdal front end 1.4.0rc1 successfully and it seemed to recognize my phone. But then I couldn't figure out how to use it. None of the twrp downloads are "heimdall packages" and the front end gui doesn't offer any choices about zips or tars or imgs, just heimdall native package and pit. I don't know what pit is and heimdall native is supposed to be tar.gz with an included xml for metadata.

I would love to be able to flash twrp without requiring windows or any proprietary software.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
9th February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #244  
Thanks Meter: 236

2,072 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

Has anyone used Heimdall to flash twrp from linux?

Yesterday Triangle Away soft bricked my phone and I had to use odin on a windows laptop to flash twrp back in.

I compiled heimdal and heimdal front end 1.4.0rc1 successfully and it seemed to recognize my phone. But then I couldn't figure out how to use it. None of the twrp downloads are "heimdall packages" and the front end gui doesn't offer any choices about zips or tars or imgs, just heimdall native package and pit. I don't know what pit is and heimdall native is supposed to be tar.gz with an included xml for metadata.

I would love to be able to flash twrp without requiring windows or any proprietary software.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Me too, since I don't have a windows machine. Let me known if you come up with a solution!

Edit. I did use hiemdall command line, and although it says it flashed successfully it still has stock recovery when I reboot

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Last edited by newellj79; 9th February 2013 at 06:11 PM.
9th February 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #245  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,551

4,678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79

Me too, since I don't have a windows machine. Let me known if you come up with a solution!

Edit. I did use hiemdall command line, and although it says it flashed successfully it still has stock recovery when I reboot

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

If it took a long to boot then it was replacing the recovery with stock. May need to rename recovery-from-boot.p to get it to stick through Odin... or GooManager.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
9th February 2013, 08:07 PM   |  #246  
OP Recognized Developer

4,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

If it took a long to boot then it was replacing the recovery with stock. May need to rename recovery-from-boot.p to get it to stick through Odin... or GooManager.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

You should boot into TWRP first after flashing it, it will rename that file for you so stock android wont keep reflashing stock recovery at boot.
12th February 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #247  
Thanks Meter: 454

1,451 posts
So you just flash the zip file in recovery to update to new one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 12:02 PM   |  #248  
OP Recognized Developer

4,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyojimbox

So you just flash the zip file in recovery to update to new one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Yes, you can do that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #249  
Thanks Meter: 104

912 posts
More
Running CM10.1 has the Sprint Note 2 named SPH-L900 rather than t0ltespr so Goo Manager will not auto update the Recovery any longer. Have to download the image, then install via Terminal Emulator
27th February 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #250  
OP Recognized Developer

4,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99

Running CM10.1 has the Sprint Note 2 named SPH-L900 rather than t0ltespr so Goo Manager will not auto update the Recovery any longer. Have to download the image, then install via Terminal Emulator

You can always modify your build prop to state t0ltespr instead like stock does.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread