Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,845

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmig825

Having a little issue with this. Followed directions to do this via goomanager. While in goomanger , settings, open script, then seems to go to download page. states will reboot after. It never reboots just sits there. I then try to reboot through goomanager, nothing. restarted phone and nothing. Manually try to go into recovery and it goes to stock recovery everytime. Any ideas what i am doing wrong. Traveling and just got phone so do not have a laptop. Was trying to do via all phone. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you

You have to be rooted to use that feature of goomanager. You are rooted, right?
31st October 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #22  
Miami Fl
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
More
I am not rooted yet. I was trying to install recovery first so I could flash one of rooted deodexed roms. If I am doing this all backwards and have to use one of the autoroots too obtain root first then I am going to have to wait till I get my laptop. Unless their is another option to root with a computer. Thank you in advance
31st October 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmig825

I am not rooted yet. I was trying to install recovery first so I could flash one of rooted deodexed roms. If I am doing this all backwards and have to use one of the autoroots too obtain root first then I am going to have to wait till I get my laptop. Unless their is another option to root with a computer. Thank you in advance

As of now, auto root is your only option. You need root to overwrite your current recovery, so hang tight until you can use CFAR
31st October 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #24  
Miami Fl
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
More
I guess it only makes sense. No root access. Cannot overright the recovery file. But seriously thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmig825 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #25  
Flag SF bay area
Thanks Meter: 14

87 posts
More
I tried installing this recovery in place of the CWM recovery that I had previously loaded, but it doesn't seem to work with the external SD card loaded in my phone. (It won't mount an external SD card or allow me to set it as a backup location.)

- Does this recovery not work with SD cards in the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II?
- Are 64 GB SD cards not supported?
1st November 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #26  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediawiz

I tried installing this recovery in place of the CWM recovery that I had previously loaded, but it doesn't seem to work with the external SD card loaded in my phone. (It won't mount an external SD card or allow me to set it as a backup location.)

- Does this recovery not work with SD cards in the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II?
- Are 64 GB SD cards not supported?

Look 1 page back, bigbiff explained that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
1st November 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #27  
Flag SF bay area

87 posts
More
Hummm .... I now see where the issue with 64GB SD cards is mentioned. (I now see it on page 2, not page 1.)

Guess I'll switch back to CWM 6.xxx. The 64GB SD card works fine with that.
1st November 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,884

4,379 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hummm .... I now see where the issue with 64GB SD cards is mentioned. (I now see it on page 2, not page 1.)

Guess I'll switch back to CWM 6.xxx. The 64GB SD card works fine with that.

What filesystem are you using. If you can paste recovery.log we can take a look to see what TWRP is seeing.
2nd November 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #29  
Flag SF bay area

87 posts
More
I looked on my phone and I can't find a file called "recovery.log". What folder is it normally written to?
2nd November 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #30  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I looked on my phone and I can't find a file called "recovery.log". What folder is it normally written to?

In recovery, it's in /tmp. You can also copy that log to sdcard, I believe that is an option in advanced menu.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread