Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.7][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 6/7

Tip us?

-viperboy-
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12,837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmig825 View Post
Having a little issue with this. Followed directions to do this via goomanager. While in goomanger , settings, open script, then seems to go to download page. states will reboot after. It never reboots just sits there. I then try to reboot through goomanager, nothing. restarted phone and nothing. Manually try to go into recovery and it goes to stock recovery everytime. Any ideas what i am doing wrong. Traveling and just got phone so do not have a laptop. Was trying to do via all phone. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you
You have to be rooted to use that feature of goomanager. You are rooted, right?

rmig825
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am not rooted yet. I was trying to install recovery first so I could flash one of rooted deodexed roms. If I am doing this all backwards and have to use one of the autoroots too obtain root first then I am going to have to wait till I get my laptop. Unless their is another option to root with a computer. Thank you in advance

-viperboy-
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12,837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmig825 View Post
I am not rooted yet. I was trying to install recovery first so I could flash one of rooted deodexed roms. If I am doing this all backwards and have to use one of the autoroots too obtain root first then I am going to have to wait till I get my laptop. Unless their is another option to root with a computer. Thank you in advance
As of now, auto root is your only option. You need root to overwrite your current recovery, so hang tight until you can use CFAR

rmig825
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I guess it only makes sense. No root access. Cannot overright the recovery file. But seriously thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmig825 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mediawiz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I tried installing this recovery in place of the CWM recovery that I had previously loaded, but it doesn't seem to work with the external SD card loaded in my phone. (It won't mount an external SD card or allow me to set it as a backup location.)

- Does this recovery not work with SD cards in the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II?
- Are 64 GB SD cards not supported?

-viperboy-
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12,837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediawiz View Post
I tried installing this recovery in place of the CWM recovery that I had previously loaded, but it doesn't seem to work with the external SD card loaded in my phone. (It won't mount an external SD card or allow me to set it as a backup location.)

- Does this recovery not work with SD cards in the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II?
- Are 64 GB SD cards not supported?
Look 1 page back, bigbiff explained that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

mediawiz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hummm .... I now see where the issue with 64GB SD cards is mentioned. (I now see it on page 2, not page 1.)

Guess I'll switch back to CWM 6.xxx. The 64GB SD card works fine with that.

bigbiff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hummm .... I now see where the issue with 64GB SD cards is mentioned. (I now see it on page 2, not page 1.)

Guess I'll switch back to CWM 6.xxx. The 64GB SD card works fine with that.
What filesystem are you using. If you can paste recovery.log we can take a look to see what TWRP is seeing.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

mediawiz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I looked on my phone and I can't find a file called "recovery.log". What folder is it normally written to?

-viperboy-
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12,837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I looked on my phone and I can't find a file called "recovery.log". What folder is it normally written to?
In recovery, it's in /tmp. You can also copy that log to sdcard, I believe that is an option in advanced menu.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2