Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash to Stock

OP mskip

22nd February 2013, 11:07 PM   |  #411  
Thanks Meter: 24

299 posts
I'm willing to paypal somebody $10 if they can walk me through getting to MA7 stock rooted with a recovery don't care if its clockwordmod or TWRP.

I'm really stuck.
22nd February 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #412  
Des Plaines, IL
Thanks Meter: 104

283 posts
More
Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S
Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck

I'm willing to paypal somebody $10 if they can walk me through getting to MA7 stock rooted with a recovery don't care if its clockwordmod or TWRP.

I'm really stuck.

I pm'd ya

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #413  
Flag Falling Waters, WV
Thanks Meter: 971

4,344 posts
More
Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S
Quote:

I'm really stuck.

Did u get it figured out? If not pm me I'll help u

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to musclehead84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 04:07 AM   |  #414  
Thanks Meter: 40

320 posts
I have a stock Note 2, on MA7 4.1.2, how to i get Tookit 3.2.0 for Just Root? I just want to Root but i currently Toolkit 3.0.0 with only 4.1.1 build those two out of date options... Any suggestions thx all.

Edit, found out a few pages back option 42 is my answer...thx
Last edited by Androidfreakz; 23rd February 2013 at 04:16 AM.
23rd February 2013, 05:35 AM   |  #415  

299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclehead84

Did u get it figured out? If not pm me I'll help u

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Yes, thank you. Patch helped me out and I'm 100% great now. MA7 rooted with TWRP.
23rd February 2013, 08:22 AM   |  #416  
Thanks Meter: 31

286 posts
Quote:

Yes, thank you. Patch helped me out and I'm 100% great now. MA7 rooted with TWRP.

Would it be possible to share?
23rd February 2013, 06:55 PM   |  #417  

299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikoshi

Would it be possible to share?

Basically:

1st Was to flash TWRP back on the phone to get a custom recovery (I was stuck on stock recovery)
I used the odin files in the toolkit, but couldn't use the toolkit itself as it wouldn't boot. Its no different than any other Odin flash.
2nd flashed back to stock using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086769
3rd flash using note 2 tookit, back to stock (Option 42 -> Option 8) Download, use toolkit to unpack, flash
4th Reboot back to stock LJC and download MA7 system update, apply OTA update as normal.
5th Flash MA7 kernel as mine did not update from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2139919
Then using tookit, re-root the phone. Option 42 -> Option 2 -> Option 3 | I used SuperSU and TWRP

That was it!
My fallen step was not flashing the stock ZIP listed above as step 2.... I was trying to flash back to stock using Option 8 in the tookit, but it kept failing the Odin flash. Flashing the ZIP above in step 2 first, fixed it. Something about the ZIP recovery not being 100% correct... so after flashing that, I was able to Odin flash using the tookit Option 8 back to stock.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need further clarification.
The Following User Says Thank You to poor_red_neck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:07 PM   |  #418  
Thanks Meter: 86

531 posts
hi all:

I did a nandroid backup for my note2 through the toolkit. now, i want to restore it with that nandroid backup file. I put it in the external sdcard and used TWRP but it does not see the file. I tried to use the toolkit but did not know what to do after selected option 13: restore nandroid backup (from option4) via custom recovery.

how do I restore that nandroid backup back to my note2?

TIA
23rd February 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #419  

299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by na_tra

hi all:

I did a nandroid backup for my note2 through the toolkit. now, i want to restore it with that nandroid backup file. I put it in the external sdcard and used TWRP but it does not see the file. I tried to use the toolkit but did not know what to do after selected option 13: restore nandroid backup (from option4) via custom recovery.

how do I restore that nandroid backup back to my note2?

TIA

I'm not 100% on this... but aren't "nandroid" backups specific to clockworkmod? If you have TWRP the backup will be under /storage/extSdCard/TWRP/blah blah/

It's the way the internal and external SD cards are laid out. I find it easier to navigate all the way up to "/" then goto Storage, then either "sdcard0" which is the internal card, or "extSdCard" which is... you guessed it the micro SD card.

I've never done a backup from the toolkit.. only within TWRP itself.
23rd February 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #420  
Thanks Meter: 86

531 posts
Quote:

I'm not 100% on this... but aren't "nandroid" backups specific to clockworkmod? If you have TWRP the backup will be under /storage/extSdCard/TWRP/blah blah/

It's the way the internal and external SD cards are laid out. I find it easier to navigate all the way up to "/" then goto Storage, then either "sdcard0" which is the internal card, or "extSdCard" which is... you guessed it the micro SD card.

I've never done a backup from the toolkit.. only within TWRP itself.

i put the nandroid file into twpr folder but still cant see anything.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread