Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{Answers} 2.20 Root Questions & Answers

Tip us?
 
thinkhope
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 414
Join Date: Jun 2010
Amazing write up. This would have helped me tremendously but I managed to figure it out late last night.

Definitely appreciate people like you, and developers, that take time out of their "real" lives to do things like this for the benefit of others. Thanks!

Sent from my One X
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkhope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Crappyvate
Old
#12  
Crappyvate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Isla de Vieques
bumpy bump
Originally Posted by timthatank05:

no... after trying to get it to work all day yesterday, i finally gave up and drove the car over it and then called the insurance on it... no phone for a few days at least...



"thanks" is nice
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crappyvate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
abhipati
Old
#13  
abhipati's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 334
Posts: 967
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Littleton MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappyvate View Post
bumpy bump
@crappyvate I learned that no use of writing all this, no one reads them

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
HTC ONE X (AT&T)
ROM: - Nocturnal MergeX


DON'T INSTALL CMW Recovery INSTEAD USE TWRP

CWM does not officially support the AT&T One X, and may cause serious problems. TWRP is recommended!


TWRP -

-------------------------------------------Watch for updated signature with current important links --------------------------

Hit thanks if my post was helpful
 
Crappyvate
Old
#14  
Crappyvate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Isla de Vieques
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipati View Post
@crappyvate I learned that no use of writing all this, no one reads them

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
i forgot which dev said that but to paraphrase : "if you want to make sure something is not read, put it in the OP"

funny (sad really) but truw
Originally Posted by timthatank05:

no... after trying to get it to work all day yesterday, i finally gave up and drove the car over it and then called the insurance on it... no phone for a few days at least...



"thanks" is nice
 
abhipati
Old
(Last edited by abhipati; 27th October 2012 at 05:17 PM.)
#15  
abhipati's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 334
Posts: 967
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Littleton MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappyvate View Post
i forgot which dev said that but to paraphrase : "if you want to make sure something is not read, put it in the OP"

funny (sad really) but truw
If you want to make sure no one sees that than make it a sticky

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
HTC ONE X (AT&T)
ROM: - Nocturnal MergeX


DON'T INSTALL CMW Recovery INSTEAD USE TWRP

CWM does not officially support the AT&T One X, and may cause serious problems. TWRP is recommended!


TWRP -

-------------------------------------------Watch for updated signature with current important links --------------------------

Hit thanks if my post was helpful
 
omario8484
Old
#16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 932
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: bay area
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipati View Post
If you want to make sure no one sees that than make it a sticky

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
Sadly ...very true and its unfortunate because this is actually.very clear and helpful and.if they took five minutes to read and analyze they'd never have a problem
 
Green1534
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2012
Hey, I'm a newbie but loving it. If I root my One X will I still be able to get the HTC jellybean update?

Thanks!
 
subarudroid
Old
#18  
subarudroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 645
Posts: 1,373
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SL,UT

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1534 View Post
Hey, I'm a newbie but loving it. If I root my One X will I still be able to get the HTC jellybean update?

Thanks!
This should have the answer your looking for:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27195248

Sent from my One X using xda premium
Hit the thanks if I've helped, or maybe if made you laugh. I cannot be responsible for any damages to you for listening to me
The Following User Says Thank You to subarudroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ul49
Old
#19  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2012
Trying to install ROM (CM10) and Gapps through TWRP and it fails to install. Says E: Unable to mount '/sdcard' and E:Unable to mount storage.
 
kancherlapraneeth
Old
#20  
kancherlapraneeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 265
Posts: 1,111
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: hyderabad, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by ul49 View Post
Trying to install ROM (CM10) and Gapps through TWRP and it fails to install. Says E: Unable to mount '/sdcard' and E:Unable to mount storage.
which version of TWRP you are using.. use latest version if you are using older one
I write for AndroidFanNetwork



Current Devices
HTC One,HTC Desire

Follow me - @Google Plus | @Twitter

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes