Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Desk Dock

Tip us?

Ban-Hammer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Desk Dock

I used my X2 as a night clock, and I dropped the $20 on a dock and loved it. Now that I have the HD, I would like another dock.

The Moto flip stand deal is $40 with cable, and that sounds awful.
Do you guys have generic docks? What do you use?

This is what I'm looking into. As long as I can charge Landscape, I don't really care.

Thanks in advance

JSternke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm also looking for a nice dock. The BlueLounge one looks slick, but I don't like it that I would have to separately attach my charge cable. I don't think one exists yet for the HD so I'm just waiting. I'm sure they'll release something that has charging built in. (and it will be expensive I'm sure... )

Jimmy_Ste
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Find someone with a 3D printer and make one....

GeorgeHahn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Ste View Post
Find someone with a 3D printer and make one....
I'm actually doing just that. Partial prototype turned out nicely, I'm printing the full version right now. Files will be on Thingiverse and GitHub as soon as I've verified the design.

Now I only need to find someone who can measure the resistances on the USB cable so it will go into dock mode automatically.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-15 18.55.00.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	1485017  
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeHahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

painterceessie
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHahn View Post
I'm actually doing just that. Partial prototype turned out nicely, I'm printing the full version right now. Files will be on Thingiverse and GitHub as soon as I've verified the design.

Now I only need to find someone who can measure the resistances on the USB cable so it will go into dock mode automatically.
Haha.
Very nice sir.

syntrix
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHahn View Post

Please post the link, I have friends with printers, and I'd love a dock where I don't have to worry about a cable to plug into when everything is dark!

GeorgeHahn
Old
(Last edited by GeorgeHahn; 16th November 2012 at 09:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
Please post the link, I have friends with printers, and I'd love a dock where I don't have to worry about a cable to plug into when everything is dark!
Here you go: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34668

The USB spacing is good but I can't verify that it is perfect, I'm holding off assembly until I can find the proper ID pin resistance.

I'm also going to start a thread here momentarily -> tomorrow.

EdwardN
Old
(Last edited by EdwardN; 17th November 2012 at 07:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91
I've heard from an unconfirmed source that the Bionic dock works with the Razr HD. I've bought one from Ebay, I'll let you know if it works, or what tweaking/modding might be necessary to make it work.

Link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-avalible.html

Jimmy_Ste
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found a dock on Amazon that should work
Google Motorola HD Dock with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black

syntrix
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Ste View Post
I found a dock on Amazon that should work
Google Motorola HD Dock with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Most of the HD docks were for the OG razr, not the "razr HD".

The pins are reversed, so you'll have to dremel it, hack it, hot glue it, cyanoacrylic it, duct tape it, etc.....

Let us know how that works out!