[PLACEHOLDER] [01.10.2013] HTC One X firmware collection for different CID/MID

Search This thread

arghish

Mar 2, 2009
khoy
hi for all

my cid is 621 and i download ota file from xda (350mb zip file). now how i install it?
plz help

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
ruu variant : x.xx.415.xx GCC(arabian gulf) countries and other middleastern countries

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

my cid is 621 and i download ota file from xda (350mb zip file). now how i install it?
plz help
im not sure but if its the same as older builds then
either from fastboot(ruu mode) with locked bl with this command : fastboot flash update ota_blah.zip
or with your official 621 recovery from sd renamed as update.zip

Kiwi_Dude

Ok, I'll have to admit, I'm a bit miffed by all of this device CID vs HBoot vs RUU malarkey, so I have a question, or several for the higher powers here!

I am currently on ARHD 9.4.1 (I know, I never got around to updating it!) with a build of 2.17.401.2.

Now obviously I'm rooted, but if I'm reading this right, I can't update to JB without the official release for my devices' CID, which is HTC_044 (X.XX.707.X(Asia WWE))?

I have no problem waiting if that's the case, but when the update does eventually arrive, will I have to restore my original nandroid backup of stock and relock the bootloader (flash stock recovery etc.) to update to JB. I'm guessing this is down to different HBoot versions?

Sorry for the noob questions, but there is so much info out there now, it's confusing me!

Cheers fellas! :)

kalitza

Jan 31, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

i updated to hboot 1.23 and now on stock. Flasing this firmware will update the hboot and install JB on phone?(valid cid)

or beter, what does the instalation does at all
(sorry for the stupid question but i readed all the posts here and nobody mention nothing).
:confused::confused:

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Ok, I'll have to admit, I'm a bit miffed by all of this device CID vs HBoot vs RUU malarkey, so I have a question, or several for the higher powers here!

I am currently on ARHD 9.4.1 (I know, I never got around to updating it!) with a build of 2.17.401.2.

Now obviously I'm rooted, but if I'm reading this right, I can't update to JB without the official release for my devices' CID, which is HTC_044 (X.XX.707.X(Asia WWE))?

I have no problem waiting if that's the case, but when the update does eventually arrive, will I have to restore my original nandroid backup of stock and relock the bootloader (flash stock recovery etc.) to update to JB. I'm guessing this is down to different HBoot versions?

Sorry for the noob questions, but there is so much info out there now, it's confusing me!

Cheers fellas! :)

I believe that is correct that in order to receive the HTC OTA you need to be relocked Bootloader and stock recovery.

According to the HTC press release yesterday your device should be receiving the OTA updates today! As HTC_044 Asia are the first rollout.

Sent witH desire from One X

Reactions: Kiwi_Dude

ZrC

Jun 18, 2012
I believe that is correct that in order to receive the HTC OTA you need to be relocked Bootloader and stock recovery.

According to the HTC press release yesterday your device should be receiving the OTA updates today! As HTC_044 Asia are the first rollout.

Sent witH desire from One X

Stock recovery yes, relocked bootloader not necessarily.

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
i had the __621 (taiwan) i succesfully flashed the firmware, but installing any JB ROM i get NO signal, wifi issues and BT too, what happening? returning to my old ICS rom (from a backup) all its ok o.o

BTKBTK

Sep 27, 2007
Hey guys

I know mike said in post #1 that this wasent a guide how to flash.

But please can anyone help me to a guide how to flash. I have one of the cids mentioned. But I really dont know how to get to the flashing part. Will I have to root etc.

Please anyone - point me in the right direction.

sent via Tapatalk

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
mike one question
once we get our update can we get CWM and start flashing ur ROms ie theJB or u need to make one for our Cids:confused:
The rom has nothing to do with the cids. Once you have an hboot that is compatible with the new kernel included in the rom then you can flash the custom JB roms. I guess the only question is that with the official update, hboot is changed to 1.31 and can the current custom roms work with the new hboot as they have been designed based on 1.23/1.28 hboots.

Reactions: oksza

iigrs

Jan 15, 2011
i have a CID_622 and the RUU x.xx.708.x which is right in between these too RUU's
x.xx.707.x - Asia WWE (World Wide English)
x.xx.709.x - Asia TW (Taiwan)
and Taiwan already received the update... any idea where my device belongs?

My CID is same as yours but I don't have a RUU, could you pls provide a link to the RUU or upload it somewhere. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from official HTC OTA's.
    Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!
    images

What is firmware.zip?
    Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
    It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
    Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
    Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
    If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
    Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
    Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
    As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
    Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
    In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
    Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

How to flash?
    (bootloader needs to be relocked)
    1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
    2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
    3. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
    4. Open command prompt
    5. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
    6. Connect device to the PC
    7. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
    8. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
    9. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
    10. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
    11. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
    13. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    14. Type: fastboot reboot
    15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
    Click here
    Woah, thank you. How exactly do I apply that..? I really just need to upgrade my hboot so I can use JB ROMs.
    To flash you need to run the following commands: (It is advised to take a backup of your data and important files on your sd card)
    1. Lock bootloader - fastboot oem lock
    2. Boot to RUU mode - fastboot oem rebootRUU
    3. Flash firmware - fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (if you get an error then rerun this command)
    Note: The firmware will flash the new hboot, as well as a new stock boot.img and stock recovery.img.

To flash a custom rom you then need to do the following:
    4. Unlock bootloader - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (you can use the same unlock_code file as you used previously, check your emails if you can't find it, or else reapply at htcdev.com)
    5. Flash custom recovery - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
    Note: If the unlock process wiped your sd card you may need to boot to recovery and mount usb storage to copy the rom file across again. If your phone won't boot into recovery then run command - fastboot erase cache and try again.

If you then wish to flash a JB custom rom:
    6. Flash new boot.img from rom - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. For good measure - fastboot erase cache
    8. Boot to recovery and flash rom
    Firmware 3.20.401.1
    RIL 5.1204.162A.29
    Wifi fix

HTC_405

Hboot: 1.39

x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE)

cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__M27
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__016

Firmware : https://www.dropbox.com/s/75qorw6s5zq9o9d/firmware.zip

OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.20.401.1-3.18.401.1_release_314819jljj0efsej28nkon
    Re: [12.01.2013] Jelly Bean firmware collection for different Carriers ID (CID)

Sweet, How can I cut firmware.zip from ota? Ill share with you.

Wysłane z HTC One X ° Tapatalk

No need to, buddy, thanks :)

HERE is the firmware.zip

A big THANK YOU to DREFSAB for providing it :)

This is for ALL H3G phones! H3G_001, H3G_106 and H3G_G04!
    Optus Australia

CID: OPTUS001

Firmware.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xcjxlcs7dc64os/firmware.zip