FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[modem][cwm]t889uvajl1 | 10/26/2012

475 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,233
 
By cmenard, Retired Recognized Developer on 26th October 2012, 08:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Flashable modem pulled from running TMo T889 for those who flashed N71xx firmware.

Instructions:
Download T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip
Flash through custom recovery

Downloads:
T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cmenard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmenard Ad-Free
 
 
26th October 2012, 10:42 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Flashed this to the SGH-T889v (canadian version)

Got my signal back (it says no sim as it didn't before)

Problem is there is still no IMEI.....

Tried reflashing all components a few times but still nothing.

Is there no end to this issue!?!?!?

AARRGGH.

Checked all the Bell network APN settings...still says NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

Any suggestions?
26th October 2012, 10:46 PM |#3  
VIIRU§'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpandey

Flashed this to the SGH-T889v (canadian version)

Got my signal back (it says no sim as it didn't before)

Problem is there is still no IMEI.....

Tried reflashing all components a few times but still nothing.

Is there no end to this issue!?!?!?

AARRGGH.

Checked all the Bell network APN settings...still says NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

Any suggestions?

Are you still on the International rom?


Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
27th October 2012, 01:26 AM |#4  
AddisG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpandey

Flashed this to the SGH-T889v (canadian version)

Got my signal back (it says no sim as it didn't before)

Problem is there is still no IMEI.....

Tried reflashing all components a few times but still nothing.

Is there no end to this issue!?!?!?

AARRGGH.

Checked all the Bell network APN settings...still says NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

Any suggestions?


Hey Shawn,

Wipe data then flash the Stock ROM, flash the flashable Modem.bin and you're all set my friend!!!
27th October 2012, 03:42 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Im basically a genius.

I flashed my original rom to the t-mobile one and did NOT make a backup

Now i have a sgh-t889v with t889 rom

Ive tired everything including what adidas recommended but nothing...big NO SIGNAL and no IMEI


I msg'd someone who's got the exact phone as me but they have not replied. He's rooted so he should be able to make a full nandroid backup but no reply....

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddisG

Hey Shawn,

Wipe data then flash the Stock ROM, flash the flashable Modem.bin and you're all set my friend!!!

Tried it again bro...no imei


SUCKS
27th October 2012, 04:02 AM |#6  
prepaidguy9081's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milton
Thanks Meter: 69
 
Donate to Me
More
Angry rom vs rom - carrier change
this leads me to a question, say i get my full priced note II unlocked n chop a straight talk sim card to fit it. do i need to flash a tmobile rom still or somthing else because I will be on att basicly at that point and want the 4g access
27th October 2012, 08:02 AM |#7  
bongbongcong's Avatar
Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Question Compatible with all n7100 international???
Hi, excuse me. Do you this modem note 2 T-Mobile can flash to N7100 international? So the result for N7100 can get 1700 Mhz freq using T-Mobile network service without EDGE??? Please answer my noob question. Sorry my english not perfect. Appreciate. Thank you.
27th October 2012, 08:04 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongbongcong

Hi, excuse me. Do you this modem note 2 T-Mobile can flash to N7100 international? So the result for N7100 can get 1700 Mhz freq using T-Mobile network service without EDGE??? Please answer my noob question. Sorry my english not perfect. Appreciate. Thank you.

No, you should not. Because international version does not support AWS 1700 band. You have been warned.
The Following User Says Thank You to phuduong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phuduong Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 08:18 AM |#9  
bongbongcong's Avatar
Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thumbs up
Thanks very much your information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuduong

No, you should not. Because international version does not support AWS 1700 band. You have been warned.

29th October 2012, 04:21 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Saint James
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Hey whats up. I havent gotten my note 2 yet but I am collecting all the stuff I need to mod. So I am going to try this modem out I wanted to say that to the op for the work. I also have a question can I flash this modem on my t989 hercules? Thanks
29th October 2012, 09:55 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpandey

Im basically a genius.

I flashed my original rom to the t-mobile one and did NOT make a backup

Now i have a sgh-t889v with t889 rom

Ive tired everything including what adidas recommended but nothing...big NO SIGNAL and no IMEI


I msg'd someone who's got the exact phone as me but they have not replied. He's rooted so he should be able to make a full nandroid backup but no reply....

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------



Tried it again bro...no imei


SUCKS

all you should need is a backup of someone who has your version's boot.img file....if you can get it, send it to me and i will create an odin flashable boot.img that will get you your imei back....i had to do the same thing for T-MO US variants....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes