Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V4.1.0 TMOBILE] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock

OP mskip

27th October 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #11  
Flag GunRu
Thanks Meter: 403

1,053 posts
More
GREAT work and thank you for getting this into an easy toolkit form, as many people will be helped out by this!! I was already rooted, as some others were too, but you created a tool that needs a BIG
27th October 2012, 09:18 AM   |  #12  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,864

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx

Just to be certain, I can unroot with this? How? We don't have a stock recovery since there is no stock firmware avail. Can you please clarify? Thanx bud.

Well I keep asking for someone with adb root access to do an adb shell mount and send me the mount points so I can verify the partitions but noone is getting back to me.

If you or anyone else can send me the mount points then please do so asap. The unroot zip file will remove the su and superuser files along with busybox and cwm manager (if present) but it needs the correct system partition value to mount the system and run the script.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2012, 02:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Wesley Chapel
Thanks Meter: 157

644 posts
More
Is TWRP supported on the TMo Note II?
27th October 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #14  
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,406

9,462 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Flashing any custom firmware (boot, recovery) will add to the flash counter but im sure Chainfire will update his Triangle Away app to include the US variants.

I will, I just need a stock recovery.img ! If you have it, please pass it to me (this goes for all US variants, btw).

I might get it to work as well if somebody can get me the stock kernel. Root first, then from a root shell:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/data/local/tmp/kernel.img bs=4096
then from normal cmd:

Code:
adb pull /data/local/tmp/kernel.img
And post the kernel.img - should be 8mb

I will also need: Settings -> About device -> Build number
Last edited by Chainfire; 27th October 2012 at 02:54 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #15  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3,304

1,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well I keep asking for someone with adb root access to do an adb shell mount and send me the mount points so I can verify the partitions but noone is getting back to me.

If you or anyone else can send me the mount points then please do so asap. The unroot zip file will remove the su and superuser files along with busybox and cwm manager (if present) but it needs the correct system partition value to mount the system and run the script.

Mark.

Oh ok. I would, but I haven't rooted mine yet. Still deciding if I want to keep my grey one or exchange it for the white lolol. Hopefully, someone who is already rooted will be kind enough to do it for you.

Thanks for your effort and time.
27th October 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #16  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 30

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I will, I just need a stock recovery.img ! If you have it, please pass it to me (this goes for all US variants, btw).

I might get it to work as well if somebody can get me the stock kernel. Root first, then from a root shell:

Code:
then from normal cmd:

Code:

PM sent w/ link for stock T889 kernel.img. build number is the file name. sorry i can't help with stock recovery.img since i already rooted and flashed CWM recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:

Mark.

hey mark, if u wanna post or PM me instructions i'll get u the mount points.
Last edited by tuffCookie; 27th October 2012 at 05:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuffCookie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,976

5,838 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Code:
then from normal cmd:

Code:

So nice to see you here. Thanks for all u do!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
28th October 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #18  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 12

384 posts
More
I am getting issues with both TWRP and CWM. With TWRP, the data partition is unable to mount, making a full wipe a no go. With CWM, data partition can mount...but the external sd can't. Anyone else having these issues, or is it something on my end?
28th October 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,823 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvDisturbed1

I am getting issues with both TWRP and CWM. With TWRP, the data partition is unable to mount, making a full wipe a no go. With CWM, data partition can mount...but the external sd can't. Anyone else having these issues, or is it something on my end?

I can use my extSD with CWM so it's something on your end. I used the toolkit for the N7100 but same stuff...
28th October 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #20  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,976

5,838 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Code:
then from normal cmd:

Code:

I just sent you a pm with the stock recovery.img from my device(T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2). My build number is JRO03C.T889UVALJ1. Hopefully this gives you what you need. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote:

Mark.

Just sent you a pm with the mount points for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. Thanks for this tool. It's incredible.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread