Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V4.1.0 TMOBILE] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock

OP mskip

28th October 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #21  
The Nether Regions of the Tropics
Thanks Meter: 122

686 posts
More
Mark,

Sorry for the OT, but given your experience with all iterations of this device... how likely will it be that we see ROMs (minus baseband) that are usable across all versions (global and us).

Great work and thank you. Your toolkit is indispensable
29th October 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #22  
Flag Trujillo Alto
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
More
Quick question: I flash the recovery through Odin using the Toolbox, and the instructions stated that the RESET square in the upper left of Odin should be green... but when I try it, it's blue. The recovery doesn't seem to stick either.

How do I boot to recovery on this phone? Hold volume up + down like the Galaxy S2? Any other way of flashing the recovery besides Odin if the phone's rooted? I'm trying to flash the TWRP version that the repository tells me to...
29th October 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
After plugging in my phone, I get the message 'the required section was not found in the INF. ' Any ideas of how to fix this?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
29th October 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #24  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,869

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poser

Mark,

Sorry for the OT, but given your experience with all iterations of this device... how likely will it be that we see ROMs (minus baseband) that are usable across all versions (global and us).

Great work and thank you. Your toolkit is indispensable

Theoretically it shouldnt be too hard to build a Rom that would work across all the devices and just auto selects the right boot image to use for full compatibility but it really depends how the chefs wish to proceed with that or if they just want to stick with their own device.

There are workarounds to that though

Mark.
29th October 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #25  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksek

After plugging in my phone, I get the message 'the required section was not found in the INF. ' Any ideas of how to fix this?

Installing drivers? What was you doing?

Mark.
29th October 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Yes, attempting to install drivers.

29th October 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 106

1,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
is the stock recovery included this build? I want to go exchange mine for a different note2 but I'm not sure if they'll check if it was rooted.....and triangle away doesn't seem to work without stock recovery
29th October 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #28  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie

is the stock recovery included this build? I want to go exchange mine for a different note2 but I'm not sure if they'll check if it was rooted.....and triangle away doesn't seem to work without stock recovery

There are currently no Stock images for the US variants apart from the boot images that people sent me.

You can install the unroot zip file from custom recovery but you will still need to put stock recovery back on.

If someone has rooted with the Insecure Boot method option 1 or 2 (not flashing custom recovery) then the Stock Recovery will be untouched. If some kind soul can root with option 2 (root and busybox) then could they goto the backup/restore section and pull the recovery image. Upload it somewhere and post the link so I can add it to the toolkit.

Mark.
29th October 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #29  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V2.1.0 [29TH OCTOBER] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added FULL support for GT-N7105 (with LTE)
+Added Stock Recovery image for GT-N7105
+Added link in Downloads section for GT-N7105 Rom
+Edited some procedures
+Added some text to Main Menu

Enjoy

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 10

13 posts
T-Mobile Recovery Image?
Stupid couple of questions, since while I have rooted a couple of times on different devices, such as my Galaxy SIII, I don't claim to understand the black magic going on behind the scenes:

1) It would appear you still need the T-Mobile recovery image, according to this post. Is that correct?
2) Is that all you (or I) would need to be able to flash back to stock on the T-Mobile version?
3) Can/should someone who does Option 2, as you suggested, for the sake of getting that image to you, then redo the "full" (Option 3, if I recall?) version to get the extra bits and parts?

Guess that's it. Frightened I'm going to manage to brick my brand new Note II on my brand new T-Mobile account, or that if I decide not to stay with them, opting say for Verizon, that I won't be able to return because of unrooting or being able to use Triangle Away to erase the evidence!

Still, if it's reasonably safe to do so, I'll go ahead and do it for the team.

Let me know.

K-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

There are currently no Stock images for the US variants apart from the boot images that people sent me.

You can install the unroot zip file from custom recovery but you will still need to put stock recovery back on.

If someone has rooted with the Insecure Boot method option 1 or 2 (not flashing custom recovery) then the Stock Recovery will be untouched. If some kind soul can root with option 2 (root and busybox) then could they goto the backup/restore section and pull the recovery image. Upload it somewhere and post the link so I can add it to the toolkit.

Mark.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread