Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root,Unroot,Roms,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips! [With Videos]

OP techfanatic9

27th October 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #1  
Welcome to your one stop thread to get all guides for your Galaxy S3!
This thread will consist of everything for the Galaxy S3 from unrooting your phone to learning on how to get free WiF tethering!

All These Guides Have Been Brought To you By: AndroidRootz.com and techfanatic9's YouTube Channel. Enjoy, Subscribe, Check out the Site!

Windows!

How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on any Samsung Galaxy S3!- Install ClockworkMod on Any Galaxy S3 Variant. [U.S/Canadian/International]

How to Root Any Samsung Galaxy S3! - Root Any Galaxy S3. [U.S/Canadian/International]

How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy S3! [AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon] - Unroot Samsung Galaxy S3. ONLY [T-Mobile/AT&T/Verizon]!

Mac!

How to Root Galaxy S3 on Mac OSX! U.S./Canadian - Root Galaxy S3 on Mac! [U.S/Canadian]

Great Useful Tips on the Phone!

How to Reset Flash / Binary Counter on any Samsung Galaxy S3 phone! - Reset the Flash Counter to 0, just like the day you bought your Galaxy S3. [U.S/Canadian/International]

How to Make a Nandroid Backup on any Samsung Galaxy S3! - Learn how to backup your current rom. Apps, homescreen layout, settings, everything! [U.S/Canadian/International]

How to Install Custom ROMS on any Galaxy S3! - Take your Galaxy S3 to a new level by learning how to install custom ROMs on your Galaxy S3! [U.S/Canadian/International]

How to Get Free WiFi Tether / Hotspot on Galaxy S3 T-Mobile SGH-T999 - Stop paying for something you deserve for free! [T-Mobile]

How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy S3! [No Computer] [AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon] - Unroot your Galaxy S3 using Mobile Odin. [AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon]

How to Install ClockworkMod on any Galaxy S3! [No Computer] [ATT, T-Mobile, i9300, Verizon] - Root, but don't have ClockworkMod? This is the guide for you! [U.S/Canadian/International]
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to techfanatic9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 107

561 posts
Thanks for this. Has anyone gotten WiFi tether to work on frosty jb? I never see the connection when trying to use the hotspot with my nexus 7. I've changed the device profile to generic ics/jb wlan0 and still no go.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app
27th October 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 10

191 posts
More
no go on the wifi tether for me as well
27th October 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 202

1,150 posts
More
Tether will not work on JB Kernels, JB based ROMS, and JB Touchwiz leaked stock roms.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ndwgs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #5  
Des Moines

561 posts
It will on ICS though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
28th October 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimons81

It will on ICS though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to techfanatic9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #7  
Des Moines

561 posts
Thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app
28th October 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

165 posts
i was just wondering if i root my phone will i still be able to recieve ota updates? and also is the anyway to just delete cwm recovery? im not rooted by the way!
29th October 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #9  
Flag JDM Land
Thanks Meter: 20

91 posts
More
Here's my Tip:

When using WIFI Tether, change your profile to Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE).... Works like a champ with no issues.

31st October 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 138

1,354 posts
More
So there's no need to wipe when Odin back to stock to unroot?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clockworkmod, galaxy s3, mac, root, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread