Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Voice calls on 3g Nexus 7

Tip us?

zhopudey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Eagerly awaiting the results here My phone got stolen today, so I need a new one soon. Hoping to use the nexus 7 as my primary phone.

Parafly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hey all,

Forgive me if this was covered earlier. I have a new Nexus 7 and use Google Voice exclusively. I followed the first half of the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1823701 which worked fine (I can now receive calls via csipsimple and callcentral) but I couldn't get the outgoing portion to work. When trying to modify framework-res.apk i got errors (yes, JRe is installed).

Someone in that thread referenced me here - for an updated framework-res script by Clubtech?

Quote:
you're using the old one. It does not work on 4.2

Check the 3G Nexus Voice calls thread...There's a new version of the utility cooked by clubtech.
What is this? a revised utility?

I am not interested in using GrooveIP or Talkatone since it eats up your ability to call from a computer direclty, which i use all the time.

Nic091
Old
(Last edited by Nic091; 20th November 2012 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hey,

it's a non-stable version, you can try it or wait for the next release.

kRt_uK
Old
Thanks Meter 97
We are testing the Framework.apk mod in ours N7 ok?
Whats about the .odex and .jar files? Doesn't need it to be moded as well?
I asked help from one distinguish developer here but no answer. Maybe if we ask to that guys they could make it very easy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ilegales
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Gentlemen

been following this since it started

has anyone tested this on 4.1.1 - NOt the current 4.2 as that seems to have additional items which may be stopping this from working..

just an idea to test it on 4.1 version....

kRt_uK
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic View Post
Speaking of VoIP/SIP applications, has anyone gotten a bluetooth headset working? I can't. I was able to pair my Plantronics one with the tablet, but under "Profiles", it's blank. On my SGS3 phone, it shows that it supports voice calling. I can't even connect to the headset because there isn't anything to connect for. And even though I chose "Enable Bluetooth" in Bria, I can only use the speakerphone.
This is an interesting point because I can get my A2DP BT headphones working fine but the BT earpiece proper for cellular calls doesn't work.
Could be it a shared issue with the voice system?

andrewoc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilegales View Post
Gentlemen

been following this since it started

has anyone tested this on 4.1.1 - NOt the current 4.2 as that seems to have additional items which may be stopping this from working..

just an idea to test it on 4.1 version....
I think there's no point of testing it on 4.1.1, because the 4.1.1 is for the version WIFI only, And the stock Rom for 3G version is begin with 4.2

hasafly
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewoc View Post
I think there's no point of testing it on 4.1.1, because the 4.1.1 is for the version WIFI only, And the stock Rom for 3G version is begin with 4.2
That's right. Only Android 4.2 at startup.

kRt_uK
Old
Thanks Meter 97
don't you think it is a lower level issue like the kernel for example?

2absentminded
Old
(Last edited by 2absentminded; 20th November 2012 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2absentminded View Post
I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious here, but I took a gander at the FCC filing. The N7 3g has the intel xmm 6260 chipset. The modem itself supports voice. Also, for those who are gunning for T-mobile's faster hspa+ network....the 6260 is limited to 21 Mbps. I won't cry over that fast of a speed if I ever got it...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1608837
This is the cross reference guide. See that the intel chipset corresponds to the BP XGOLD626. The same chipset is in that rather long list of phones and it seems that the devs have a bit of experience with it. Same chipset in the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy s2. According to the intel site, it uses the same DSP SMARTi UE2. I'm going to guess that this is a firmware issue.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...xmm-260-1.html

The intel product page if you're interested.

I'd pay a dev for this one to work...