Because the system partition on these particular devices is only 190 MB, this tool was written to assist with removing unwanted applications, ringtones, and fonts from ICS and JB roms so as to shrink the overall size of the system partition prior to flashing.
A typical installation of any Android 4.0 and newer ROM will only leave a few KB of space remaining on the system partition. This is the reason why the ROMs need to be trimmed.
This tool will only edit ICS and JB ROMs for LG Optimus One family devices. Please refer to the help documentation for complete details and supported devices.
New GUI but it is pretty self-explanatory. Various build actions can be accessed by right clicking in the list-view.
- Remove system apps or even convert them to user apps
- LatinIME Keyboard Editor - Create a mini LatinIME.apk from the language dictionaries you choose. JB ROMs only.
- User Apps Manager - Manage system apps converted to user apps as well as including apps from your local file system ( hard drive )
- Recycle Bin - Restore files accidentally removed from the current build
- Remove 'assert' statement from the updater-script. This is for those who are using a recovery that will only allow flashing P500 ROMs. Like CWM 22.214.171.124 Touch
Some things to keep in mind while using OOne ROM Editor
Just download and unzip to a folder of your choosing and run OOneROMEditor.exe. This tool has no external dependencies.
Steps to obtain the best results from OOne ROM Editor
- You cannot add system apps to the build ROM. Sorry, that defeats the purpose of this utility.
- The major size difference between OOne's ROMs and the source ROMs is OOne does NOT include the "Extras" folder from the source ROM in it's build.
- After using the keyboard editor it will place the LatinIME.apk in the apps "Recycle Bin". This is not an error but done on purpose. I use this list, the "Recycle Bin" contents that is, to skip over files in the source ROM that I don't want included in the build. The mini LatinIME.apk will appear in the correct folder, user data or system, in the output ROM.
After choosing the ROM you wish to edit
- Select "System Apps" in the treeview control on the left side of the GUI. Remove/delete/move any unwanted apk's at this time. DO NOT delete or remove LatinIME.apk.
- Go to the Tools menu and select "LatinIME Keyboard Editor". Choose whatever dictionaries to include in the mini LatinIME and press the 'Apply' button to save the choices. From here, the keyboard editor will remove LatinIME.apk from the "System Apps" list.
- Remove any unwanted fonts and ringtones. I usually don't bother.
- Add any additional user apps. Select "User Apps" in the treeview on the left side of the GUI then right click in listview control on the right side of the GUI. A popup menu will appear and then choose/select the "Add" command item. A file dialog will appear and you can add as many additional files that you'd like to the user data partition. Note :: The more apps that you add, the longer it will take for the device to boot the first time.
- Press F12 or go to the Tools menu and then select the "Build->Build Options" menu item. Set any options and press the "Apply" button.
- Now build the trimmed ROM. Press F9 or go to the Tools menu and then select "Build->Build ROM" menu item.
I want to personally thank ibub for beta testing OOne ROM Editor. You've been a great help
Current version => 0.0.1.2
Current version => 0.0.1.2
Help Docs => DownloadUnzip help docs zip into the docs folder where your copy of OOne ROM Editor resides.Note: The help docs 'Changelog' reflects changes/updates for the next update of OOne ROM Editor.
Code:[ 0.0.1.2 ] - Still in BETA - Complete rewrite of the apps code. Ported code from 'C' to 'C++' and built with Visual C++ 2010 Express. - Help documentation temporarily removed. - Completely new Explorer styled User Interface ( UI ). - Build output is now built as a single archive. - Removed "Large Icon" view from the ListView's "View" menu - Added support for displaying "Tiles" in the ListView's view - Modified LatinIME.apk can be specified to be installed as a user app - Removed Include OldBB_Patch option. - Removed all application settings. App now remembers it's last size, state, and position. The apps previous state is restored with each run. - Added support for JB 4.2 ROMs.