Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][11/24] King Kang M1 - Unleash the Beast! [AOKP + CM10 + ParanoidAndroid]

Tip us?

joshuaadude
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pside15 View Post
If you look up about 10-15 posts you will see where Rohan is planning on a 4.2 update as well as an update to his kernel. I haven't switched to 4.2 yet specifically because his kernel isn't updated for it yet. I can't live without sweep 2 wake now. This ROM still runs great paired with his kernel though. I use multiple ROMs but this one is what my only nandroid backup is. I know I can always depend on KK.
I love this ROM too, but I stated in an earlier post that I discovered some major glitches that have steered me away from using this ROM anymore. This happened to me twice in two months now, where the entire rom just freezes up and when I do a reboot, it hangs at pink unicorn screen. I have to do a full restore each time. Very annoying.

Welp, hopefully we will see an update on this soon. I was extremely happy prior to the major glitching thing stuff.
Previous Phones: ATT HTC Inspire 4G IceColdSandwich - 7.4 - AOKP | STRIPPER EDITION
Current Phone: Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.7 Jellybean

eHawleywood
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: [ROM][11/24] King Kang M1 - Unleash the Beast! [AOKP + CM10 + ParanoidAndroid]

I flashed this about two days ago, and while the ROM itself is awesome I've been getting a lot of random small bugs, which i would honestly expect from a ROM trying to combine three different bases.

However, my battery life is pretty awful compared to what I could get on my LGOG running basically the same app settings (greenify and one power), and I get a deal-breaker in the screen occasionally becoming unresponsive to touch! I can use the power and volume buttons but nothing on screen reacts to touch nor do the capacitive buttons. I have to hard reboot the phone. Great ROM but I hate having to reboot every 4 hours when I just want to respond to a text.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5356

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][11/24] King Kang M1 - Unleash the Beast! [AOKP + CM10 + ParanoidAndroid]

This ROM has been nothing but rock solid for me. Screen is always working perfectly. It's so stable in fact that I've flashed it on my fiance's phone which has major problems atm (don't ask) as I know it will perform without flaw. I'd be surprised if it was actually the ROM causing your problems.

Sent from my One XL using XDA Premium
OnePlus One | CM11S | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

djdriver
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just wanted to bump this. Rohan, you still working on an update for this or has it died?

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdriver View Post
Just wanted to bump this. Rohan, you still working on an update for this or has it died?
My efforts in terms of ROM development are now focused on LiquidSmooth, and I'm currently working on bringing up some of the features from King Kang like the PA stuff to LS (right now there is DPI per app, but not all the PA stuff is in there, like Per App Color, etc)
#teamkang

Follow me on Twitter
@rohanXm
for the my latest development updates

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 (DD)
Asus Nexus 7 (DD)
HTC One XL
LG Optimus G
HTC G2
The Following User Says Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djdriver
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32 View Post
My efforts in terms of ROM development are now focused on LiquidSmooth, and I'm currently working on bringing up some of the features from King Kang like the PA stuff to LS (right now there is DPI per app, but not all the PA stuff is in there, like Per App Color, etc)
Thanks for the update I'll go check out LS

skittleys
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Thanks for the update. That's understandable. Disappointing, though, but understandable.

BUT, do you think you'll ever work on this ROM again, or is it likely permanently dead?

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittleys View Post
Thanks for the update. That's understandable. Disappointing, though, but understandable.

BUT, do you think you'll ever work on this ROM again, or is it likely permanently dead?
We'll see Maybe not on this specific ROM, but KK may be reincarnated, not sure at this point. Maybe for 5.0 Probably not 4.1.X though since its "old" now and 4.2 is where its at
#teamkang

Follow me on Twitter
@rohanXm
for the my latest development updates

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 (DD)
Asus Nexus 7 (DD)
HTC One XL
LG Optimus G
HTC G2

DvineLord
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Quote:
We'll see Maybe not on this specific ROM, but KK may be reincarnated, not sure at this point. Maybe for 5.0 Probably not 4.1.X though since its "old" now and 4.2 is where its at
just focus the features into official liquidsmooth aren't you a member now??? =)
You are an Idiot!
Trying to give a, Phone Idiot, Support
Hox wont turn in. HELP!

EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012,18:37:14:-1

The Following User Says Thank You to DvineLord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokp, cyanogenmod, kang, king, paranoidandroid