Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 55,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM Recovery for A13-MID

Tip us?

ockicker13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] CWM Recovery for A13-MID

Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ockicker13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockicker13 View Post
Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13
Devices which I supports
╬ Sony xperia M ╬ Sony xperia E ╬

My Works
Code:
Error not found
If you like my work consider a donation, or else hit the thanks button.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ockicker13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13
Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!

ockicker13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!
Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.
just press the power button with volume up for 5 to 8 seconds the release the power button !
Devices which I supports

My Works
Code:
Error not found

The Following User Says Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ockicker13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I actually can't get it to boot to CWM with the hardware buttons...not sure what's going on, but hopefully I won't get to the point where I need to do that.

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,211

DONATE TO ME
try with volume down button !
Devices which I supports

My Works
Code:
Error not found

jfran
Old
Thanks Meter 3
did you have any problems installing the usb drivers, if not can you post the drivers you used as I have tried downloading drivers and my device is not being recognised
Jim
--
Phone: Samsung s3mini

Tablet: Lenovo A2107 Idealpad

sirhca
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhca View Post
I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.
did u extract the recovery ?
Devices which I supports

My Works
Code:
Error not found