Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CWM Recovery for A13-MID

OP ockicker13

28th October 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ockicker13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,237

1,850 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockicker13

Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13

Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!
29th October 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!

Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.
29th October 2012, 12:31 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA

1,850 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.

just press the power button with volume up for 5 to 8 seconds the release the power button !
The Following User Says Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
I actually can't get it to boot to CWM with the hardware buttons...not sure what's going on, but hopefully I won't get to the point where I need to do that.
30th October 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA

1,850 posts
Donate to Me
More
try with volume down button !
18th December 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4

396 posts
did you have any problems installing the usb drivers, if not can you post the drivers you used as I have tried downloading drivers and my device is not being recognised
30th December 2012, 10:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag Meycauayan
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.
30th December 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA

1,850 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhca

I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.

did u extract the recovery ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread