Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] CWM Recovery for A13-MID

28th October 2012, 03:12 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ockicker13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 06:09 AM |#2  
icoolguy1995's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockicker13

Can anyone help me get set up with CWM recovery on my generic A13-MID tablet? I have been searching forums and google for quite a while and have not found the information I am looking for. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 (rooted). I have installed plenty of custom roms, etc on my droid phone, but I am new to the tablet and with a knock-off device, I am really struggling to find the info I need. One obstacle is that for physical buttons I only have a Volume +/- and Power (no back button), but I have read that people have installed CWM with touch capabilities instead of having to use the physical keys. I just really want to be able make a nandroid backup of my current working system...any thoughts??? Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2012, 01:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032

here u go this cwm is working perfectly for all allwinner a13

Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!
29th October 2012, 02:52 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockicker13

Thank you, I will give it a go later today. The only other thing that concerns me is the lack of a Back button on my tablet. Do you think I'm going to run into problem while in CWM without the ability to hit a Back button?

Thanks!

Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.
29th October 2012, 11:31 AM |#5  
icoolguy1995's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockicker13

Just flashed CWM per your instructions - very nice! Only other question I have is how to get to CWM manually (not form novo7tools) when the tablet is off...I tried the usual Volume Up + Power, but I get nothing.

just press the power button with volume up for 5 to 8 seconds the release the power button !
The Following User Says Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2012, 04:52 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I actually can't get it to boot to CWM with the hardware buttons...not sure what's going on, but hopefully I won't get to the point where I need to do that.
30th October 2012, 01:05 PM |#7  
icoolguy1995's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
try with volume down button !
18th December 2012, 03:55 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4
 
396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2004
did you have any problems installing the usb drivers, if not can you post the drivers you used as I have tried downloading drivers and my device is not being recognised
30th December 2012, 09:54 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Meycauayan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.
30th December 2012, 05:03 PM |#10  
icoolguy1995's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhca

I already installed the novo7 tool and did the instructions posted on the link given, still it didn't able to enter in the recovery mode, and all I got is a android logo lying down with a red triangle icon with a "!" inside it.

did u extract the recovery ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes