Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How will you rate Micromax A110 performance-wise, out of 5 stars.
1 35 2.93%
2 18 1.51%
3 149 12.46%
4 422 35.28%
5 572 47.83%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

Micromax A110 Canvas 2: All Things Thread

Tip us?

BabuMoshaaye
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Post Stock bootanimation files

Here you are. The Boot Animation Files!
In the Micromax A110 there are two files for the bootanimation. They are bootanimation.zip and shutanimation.zip. I'm including both the files as attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.73 MB, 62 views)
File Type: zip shutanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.73 MB, 68 views)
Phone: Micromax A110 (KitKat UI Beta 2 Rooted)
Android version: 4.2.1
Baseband version: MAUl.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15.P2
Kernel version: 3.4.67-Xtreme-Punch
Build number: ALPS.JB.MP.V1

LyfeLog is here to redefine Social Networking. Download Now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabuMoshaaye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manubjmc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks babumoshyee
Act i figured out that boitanimation and shutanimation are same files. So used shutanimation for boot.
I tried galaxy s3 bootanimation but its resolution is not supported. Our's is 480x854

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium

BabuMoshaaye
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by manubjmc View Post
Thanks babumoshyee
Act i figured out that boitanimation and shutanimation are same files. So used shutanimation for boot.
I tried galaxy s3 bootanimation but its resolution is not supported. Our's is 480x854

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium
Currently I'm compiling a write up about changing or replacing the boot animation and shut animation. Will be posting soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabuMoshaaye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ricky.
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have been reading all this post.. lots of post.. all those page and no one is actually talking about GPS issue,

I have simple question..
Can you lock GPS if
Location Services --> Google's Location Services
is Turned off ?

Because I feel this phone's real GPS never works, only network based works.

Does this really have GPS in built

My GPS with Google Location Service on takes 1-2 second to get locked or basically when I start Maps .. its already locked. But if thats unchecked, it never locks, while I have samsung device, in that it actually locks to real satellite even if Google Location service is disabled along with AGPS disabled..

BabuMoshaaye
Old
(Last edited by BabuMoshaaye; 25th November 2012 at 09:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Default Changing your Boot Animation

Hey guys, the boot animation which comes with the Micromax A110 isn't so impressive. So how about a new boot animation?

For the A110, there are two files, bootanimation.zip and shutanimation.zip which are actually the same. The bootanimation.zip is for when the phone boots up and the shutanimation.zip when you power off the phone.

Option 1
You could search for a boot animation online.
For this you could use droidiser's tutorial on the same from here.

Option 2
You could cook up one at Android Kitchen (AK).
Here, go to the Bootanimation tab. Check the 'Use this mod' box.
Don't bother about the 'Select place for bootanimation'.
For the next drop down menu, the A110 has a resolution of 480x854, so the second option of hdpi(480x800) would be fine.
Now below that there is a list of all the boot animations available at AK.
Click on the radio buttons to get a preview. Select the one you like and go to the Summary tab one after the Bootanimation tab. Then click on Submit Work to kitchen and then to the pick up page link and wait for your file to cook up.
You would get a download link. Download the file. Unzip that file where you would get the bootanimation.zip file.
Take a backup of your original bootanimation.zip file which is located at /system/media.
(I have uploaded the original boot animation files in my previous post.)
Now copy the extracted file to the above path to replace your original boot animation. And you're DONE.

The A110 has another boot animation file when it powers off. So, if you want to change that too, then repeat the above steps and just rename the file to shutanimation.zip and then overwrite this to the same path above.
Remember to backup the shutanimation.zip file also.

There is also a boot logo right before the boot animation begins. Will post soon on how to put in a custom one, which actually would be replacing the boot_logo file at /system/media/images

I'm using the CIA loading as my boot animation and scribble as my shut animation. They really look cool. Hope this works out well for you guys too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabuMoshaaye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ab24
Old
(Last edited by ab24; 25th November 2012 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuMoshaaye View Post
Hey guys, the boot animation which comes with the Micromax A110 isn't so impressive. So how about a new boot animation?

For the A110, there are two files, bootanimation.zip and shutanimation.zip which are actually the same. The bootanimation.zip is for when the phone boots up and the shutanimation.zip when you power off the phone.

Option 1

Option 2
For the next drop down menu, the A110 has a resolution of 480x854, so the second option of hdpi(480x800) would be fine.
Click on the radio buttons to get a preview. Select the one you like and go to the Summary tab one after the Bootanimation tab. Then click on Submit Work to kitchen and then to the pick up page link and wait for your file to cook up.
You would get a download link. Download the file. Unzip that file where you would get the bootanimation.zip file.
Take a backup of your original bootanimation.zip file which is located at /system/media.
Now copy the extracted file to the above path to replace your original boot animation. And you're DONE.

The A110 has another boot animation file when it powers off. So, if you want to change that too, then repeat the above steps and just rename the file to shutanimation.zip and then overwrite this to the same path above.

I'm using the CIA loading as my boot animation and scribble as my shut animation. They really look cool. Hope this works out well for you guys too.

Hey, AK says that the zips need to be flashed via cwm...
so is a flash required or does a simple copy paste work?

i mean pasting the zip file found in the system/media of the cooked "rom" to the phone's system/media...
works?

BabuMoshaaye
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab24 View Post
Hey, AK says that the zips need to be flashed via cwm...
so is a flash required or does a simple copy paste work?
Simply copy and paste. It worked for me. Flash is needed for the other MODs like the battery icon or status bar.

2020shyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuMoshaaye View Post

Option 1

Option 2

hey 400x854 option is not available in android Kitchen can you make S3 Boot animation please.

BabuMoshaaye
Old
(Last edited by BabuMoshaaye; 25th November 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020shyboy View Post
hey 400x854 option is not available in android Kitchen can you make S3 Boot animation please.
Read the steps again. The A110 has a resolution of 480x854. A boot animation of the resolution 480x800 can be made at AK which works!

I'll try to make the S3 one once I get back home, since I don't have the softwares needed here.

The Following User Says Thank You to BabuMoshaaye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BabuMoshaaye
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky. View Post
I have been reading all this post.. lots of post.. all those page and no one is actually talking about GPS issue,

I have simple question..
Can you lock GPS if
Location Services --> Google's Location Services
is Turned off ?

Because I feel this phone's real GPS never works, only network based works.

Does this really have GPS in built

My GPS with Google Location Service on takes 1-2 second to get locked or basically when I start Maps .. its already locked. But if thats unchecked, it never locks, while I have samsung device, in that it actually locks to real satellite even if Google Location service is disabled along with AGPS disabled..
I tried what you did and got the same result. If the Google location services is disabled, then there is no GPS lock. With that enabled I get a lock within a couple of seconds.

Logically the GPS alone should connect for locations but not sure.

And I'm not aware of other devices.

Sent from my Micromax A110

Tags
canvas 2, development, micromax a110, rom, rooting