Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aosp keyboard with 5 rows (numbers)

Tip us?
 
jlmancuso
Old
(Last edited by jlmancuso; 14th February 2014 at 09:00 AM.)
#1  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Aosp keyboard with 5 rows (numbers)

This is not my work I will not support or post links to anything but the original post.

While browsing through countless threads one thing I see often is requests for samsungs keyboard on aosp roms. Well that most likely won't happen but this just might be what you are looking for. They are from the lg lineup. One is a simple install apk the other requires a build.prop mod.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49615239

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Edit: If the LG2 version does not install try this modded one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50271298

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
 
Scarsuna
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hacker's keyboard gives you a full keyboard, including function keys (F1, F2, etc.), escape, arrow keys (very useful when fixing mistakes in emails and texts.

It's also superb for DOS Box and other emulators. There are dictionaries for most languages. Duolingo takes great advantage of these dictionaries. The auto word suggestions speed up your typing and learning, by also introducing words with similar spelling not actually a part of the lesson.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just stating my opinion on an alternative keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
 
jlmancuso
Old
#3  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarsuna View Post
Hacker's keyboard gives you a full keyboard, including function keys (F1, F2, etc.), escape, arrow keys (very useful when fixing mistakes in emails and texts.

It's also superb for DOS Box and other emulators. There are dictionaries for most languages. Duolingo takes great advantage of these dictionaries. The auto word suggestions speed up your typing and learning, by also introducing words with similar spelling not actually a part of the lesson.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just stating my opinion on an alternative keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Thanks. I have used it before and it was pretty cool. But it does not have the handwriting mode.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
 
Scarsuna
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2013
Is the handwriting mode anything like Myscript Calculator?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
jlmancuso
Old
#5  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
almost like samsung's

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1392170886855.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2574227  

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
 
Arjohns
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 415
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
almost like samsung's

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Which of the two is that? Or do they both have the writing pad?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
jlmancuso
Old
#7  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjohns View Post
Which of the two is that? Or do they both have the writing pad?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Both have writing pad.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
huytrang90
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 668
Join Date: Dec 2010
Awesome. Thanks ops. I hope it can resize


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
ROM: sTOCK+TWEAKED+CustomKernel
Epic4G => Evo3D =>Note2
Others: EvoLTE, S3
 
jlmancuso
Old
#9  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
Awesome. Thanks ops. I hope it can resize


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Resize? What exactly do you mean by that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
 
huytrang90
Old
(Last edited by huytrang90; 9th March 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 668
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Resize? What exactly do you mean by that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I mean the one hand setting for Samsung kb on touch wiz.

Anyway the hand writing is good as well.

Question: i try to figure out how to configure to have separate number row but could not get it work. Suggestion?


Edited found out needed to change the build.prop. one have working now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
ROM: sTOCK+TWEAKED+CustomKernel
Epic4G => Evo3D =>Note2
Others: EvoLTE, S3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes