5,598,657 Members 40,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SGH-T889] CF-Auto-Root

Tip us?

jkxklutz
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have a noob question: If I plan to be installing different roms in the future, should I be using this? The description does say that it's for people who want as close to stock as possible, which is fine for me, at least for now. But I do plan on installing roms after using stock a bit.

turilo
Old
(Last edited by turilo; 2nd November 2012 at 06:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkxklutz View Post
I have a noob question: If I plan to be installing different roms in the future, should I be using this? The description does say that it's for people who want as close to stock as possible, which is fine for me, at least for now. But I do plan on installing roms after using stock a bit.
+1

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
2012.10.28 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v0.96

Download:

SGH-T889: CF-Auto-Root-t0ltetmo-sght889.zip
what are the odds of this working with rogers/att note 2 sgh-l317m name t0ltecan?

EDIT: sorry just noticed its using stock tmob recovery so that be a no go correct?

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - OP
Thanks Meter 46029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkxklutz View Post
If you want to install a custom ROM you can use Mobile ODIN to do that, or flash CWM/TWRP, etc, when the need arises. One reason I keep away from custom kernels and recoveries is because they force the flashcounter to 1 at every boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turilo View Post
working with rogers/att note 2 sgh-l317m name t0ltecan?
Hmm, I don't know, maybe you should consult the first line of the first post.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

simplelife
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Look like Mobile Odin not support yet. Everytime I open App keep said ( device not support , need generate a dump file ) after check still no go.

sic_lic1o1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
so now that we have stock firmware image. Do i follow the same steps in the OP to reset the flash counter before i odin the stock firmware back to my phone?

simplelife
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic_lic1o1 View Post
so now that we have stock firmware image. Do i follow the same steps in the OP to reset the flash counter before i odin the stock firmware back to my phone?
Flash firmware via Odin. No need reset counter first

sic_lic1o1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife View Post
Flash firmware via Odin. No need reset counter first
will it reset the flash counter back to 0 if i don't reset the flash counter? i need to return the phone back to tmobile.

turilo
Old
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you want to install a custom ROM you can use Mobile ODIN to do that, or flash CWM/TWRP, etc, when the need arises. One reason I keep away from custom kernels and recoveries is because they force the flashcounter to 1 at every boot.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe you should consult the first line of the first post.
Yea ill wait for your Devine brilliance to release one for us sgh-l317m owners eventually if anything is needed from my device id gladly try and help :thumbup: I support all your software

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

simplelife
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic_lic1o1 View Post
will it reset the flash counter back to 0 if i don't reset the flash counter? i need to return the phone back to tmobile.
yes,i believed so.

sic_lic1o1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife View Post
yes,i believed so.
no luck so far. Tried different methods to root and reset the flash counter. Flashed the stock firmware but counter reset still show 1 in download mode.
Mr. Chainfire, is there a way to reset the flash counter back to 0?