FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[SGH-T889] CF-Auto-Root

9,735 posts
Thanks Meter: 61,748

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 28th October 2012, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st November 2012, 03:47 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have a noob question: If I plan to be installing different roms in the future, should I be using this? The description does say that it's for people who want as close to stock as possible, which is fine for me, at least for now. But I do plan on installing roms after using stock a bit.

2nd November 2012, 06:12 AM |#22  
Flag Hamilton,Ont
Thanks Meter: 1,211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkxklutz

I have a noob question: If I plan to be installing different roms in the future, should I be using this? The description does say that it's for people who want as close to stock as possible, which is fine for me, at least for now. But I do plan on installing roms after using stock a bit.

+1

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

2012.10.28 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v0.96

Download:

SGH-T889: CF-Auto-Root-t0ltetmo-sght889.zip

what are the odds of this working with rogers/att note 2 sgh-l317m name t0ltecan?

EDIT: sorry just noticed its using stock tmob recovery so that be a no go correct?
Last edited by turilo; 2nd November 2012 at 06:11 AM.
2nd November 2012, 11:39 AM |#23  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 61,748

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkxklutz

If you want to install a custom ROM you can use Mobile ODIN to do that, or flash CWM/TWRP, etc, when the need arises. One reason I keep away from custom kernels and recoveries is because they force the flashcounter to 1 at every boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turilo

working with rogers/att note 2 sgh-l317m name t0ltecan?

Hmm, I don't know, maybe you should consult the first line of the first post.
2nd November 2012, 02:05 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Look like Mobile Odin not support yet. Everytime I open App keep said ( device not support , need generate a dump file ) after check still no go.
2nd November 2012, 02:31 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
so now that we have stock firmware image. Do i follow the same steps in the OP to reset the flash counter before i odin the stock firmware back to my phone?
2nd November 2012, 03:03 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic_lic1o1

so now that we have stock firmware image. Do i follow the same steps in the OP to reset the flash counter before i odin the stock firmware back to my phone?

Flash firmware via Odin. No need reset counter first
2nd November 2012, 03:12 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife

Flash firmware via Odin. No need reset counter first

will it reset the flash counter back to 0 if i don't reset the flash counter? i need to return the phone back to tmobile.
2nd November 2012, 03:37 PM |#28  
Flag Hamilton,Ont
Thanks Meter: 1,211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

If you want to install a custom ROM you can use Mobile ODIN to do that, or flash CWM/TWRP, etc, when the need arises. One reason I keep away from custom kernels and recoveries is because they force the flashcounter to 1 at every boot.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe you should consult the first line of the first post.

Yea ill wait for your Devine brilliance to release one for us sgh-l317m owners eventually if anything is needed from my device id gladly try and help :thumbup: I support all your software

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
2nd November 2012, 04:45 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

will it reset the flash counter back to 0 if i don't reset the flash counter? i need to return the phone back to tmobile.

yes,i believed so.
2nd November 2012, 04:55 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife

yes,i believed so.

no luck so far. Tried different methods to root and reset the flash counter. Flashed the stock firmware but counter reset still show 1 in download mode.
Mr. Chainfire, is there a way to reset the flash counter back to 0?
2nd November 2012, 05:02 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

no luck so far. Tried different methods to root and reset the flash counter. Flashed the stock firmware but counter reset still show 1 in download mode.
Mr. Chainfire, is there a way to reset the flash counter back to 0?

can you give more detail what did you do?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread