[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
I've flashed twice and i still dont see a camera app,its all good though,i have a bunch of camera apps stock piled,so im straight,but other than that,this rom rocks.

Yeah this ROM does rock its smooth and I haven't got a reboot since I flashed it like a couple days ago

Yes. I have also opened the zip up and there is no camera in system/app or anywhere else in the zip.
That's weird because I remember having the camera app when I flashed this ROM, I'm still running this and I have the camera

I have a simple question, what happened to the animation on the lock screen when you hit the power button and all the dotts flashed and pointed you to the unlock icon? I am on nightly 10/31. I believe it was on nightly 25. Anyway to get that back?, i really liked it.

Go into setting/developers tools make sure its turned on/ and scroll down to animator duration scale and make sure it turned to .5x or .1x your choice and reboot see if that helps
Sent from my Nexus Machine

Reactions: partyman1971

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
Yeah this ROM does rock its smooth and I haven't got a reboot since I flashed it like a couple days ago

That's weird because I remember having the camera app when I flashed this ROM, I'm still running this and I have the camera

Go into setting/developers tools make sure its turned on/ and scroll down to animator duration scale and make sure it turned to .5x or .1x your choice and reboot see if that helps
Sent from my Nexus Machine

That worked great.....Thanks.

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
It's so great to see Preludedrew here in the Supersonic realm!!! If you haven't hit his thanks button, DO IT NOW!!! This guy here is one of the only true devs that bring AOSP to several devices. He makes things work, simple as that. Thanks Prelude for venturing back here to XDA, we've missed you. My donation will be coming friday.

Reactions: oodork123

aheeejd

It's not working for me. I open the terminal and type "a2sd check" and "a2sd reinstall," and I'm not getting anything. I'm running nightly 10/31 now.

Are you giving it super user permission? You need to type su & hit enter every time you open a new window, then you can type a2sd install & then hit enter.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

MarkEv0

Mar 7, 2011
It's not working for me. I open the terminal and type "a2sd check" and "a2sd reinstall," and I'm not getting anything. I'm running nightly 10/31 now.

Did you type su? It didn't work for me the first time so I tried it again and it worked

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Kenpoman

Apr 22, 2010
Dark side of the moon
to Drew:
this rom is the benchmark that all jb roms will be measured.
it is even better than some gingerbread roms.
thanks for your time and effort

beer bought!

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
Drew, is your next update going to include the new camera that is in 4.2? I have it installed now on this ROM and it works great.

Last edited:

Kevin1a

Jun 27, 2007
Colorado Springs
Did you type su? It didn't work for me the first time so I tried it again and it worked

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I managed to make it work. Had to flash an older zip though.

But that isn't the purpose of this visit. I'd like to see if someone can reproduce a bug for me. In "Agenda Widget" there is a button in the bottom right corner that brings up a context menu. It freezes my phone. Originally, I thought it was the program, but I get this same behavior in "go weather ex" with its settings menu, which is also a little context menu looking thing like that. This worked fine on other ROMs. Can someone running this rom open go weather and see if the settings open up for you? I'm curious if these FCs are coming from Jellybean in general, just this ROM, or the apps in question.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

jr71x

Jul 17, 2008
Des Moines
Thank you, even though my evo quietly sits on the coffee table, (it's waiting to murder my s3) you bring the magical bag of trix for all the other devs to try and pull rabbits out of... You sir, rock...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: jamieg71

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Drew, is your next update going to include the new camera that is in 4.2? I have it installed now on this ROM and it works great.

The system dump for 4.2 was done I think yesterday, and he said if a newer version of Android became available, they would start working on that ....so it shouldn't be too long:D

Chirpout

May 25, 2012
The Bay Area
CM10 Quick Reply

Just an FYI, I flashed a CM10 Messaging zip with quick reply via recovery to the 11/01 nightly. I've had no issues other than a reboot after the initial attempt to quick reply.

Last edited:

madflasher

Jan 27, 2011
Renton
I haven't flashed a ROM for a few months. I used to flash a few times a week. I gotta flash this ROM tho!!

Just because you don't see a developer with 10,000 thanks doesn't mean it's not a good one!! This guys been around as long as I had my EVO!!

Good to see an OG Dev still cooking up ROM's!!

guy4jesuschrist

May 24, 2011

I've flashed the 4.2 camera on this release as well. But when I try to use it to create a photo sphere, it moves so slow that it's pointless to even keep trying. What zip did you flash? I flashed the one from Android Police. I had also found a zip elsewhere, but it's only for there GNex.

The system dump for 4.2 was done I think yesterday, and he said if a newer version of Android became available, they would start working on that ....so it shouldn't be too long:D

Definitely looking forward to that! :)

Just an FYI, I flashed a CM10 Messaging zip with quick reply via recovery to the 11/01 nightly. I've had no issues other than a reboot after the initial attempt to quick reply.

Where might I find this CM10 Messaging zip?

Last edited:

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
I've flashed the 4.2 camera on this release as well. But when I try to use it to create a photo sphere, it moves so slow that it's pointless to even keep trying. What zip did you flash? I flashed the one from Android Police. I had also found a zip elsewhere, but it's only for there GNex.

I used this one.

There is something else i am noticing more and more now, when i plug my phone in and switch it to USB to transfer files, the phone reboots, after the reboot it works just fine. Anyone else have that issue? I am on nightly 10/31/12.

Attachments

• camera42_patched_v2.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: guy4jesuschrist

sybe

Nov 8, 2008
I used this one.

There is something else i am noticing more and more now, when i plug my phone in and switch it to USB to transfer files, the phone reboots, after the reboot it works just fine. Anyone else have that issue? I am on nightly 10/31/12.

I am using the 11/1 nightly and i dont have the usb problem. The issues i am having is some widgets are making the phone reset and while talking on the phone the display doesnt always want to turn back on by itself. I have to push the power button but even then it takes multiple tries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv nightlies & releases

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

** Resetting for 3.2 release **

GPS?

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Or maybe since the end of the world is near they said screw it why even bother :confused:

In all seriousness, Evervolv is available on multiple platforms. Some may take longer to get working than others. Grouper and Manta are the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices, which already has the 4.2.x upgrade so of course those would be one of the first to get this ROM. In regards to our specific device, only the Evo LTE and Evo3D have had theirs released by @preludedrew. And of those two the LTE version was pulled due to connectivity issues.

To all who want to know when our device gets a release:

1.) Download Twitter or some variant
    2.) Follow @preludedrew
    3.) Patiently wait for him to say when it is available.

Any available release would be posted on his Twitter feed before here.

Couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Yes we're just having a tough time getting this device working with 4.2. Along with the fact that most of us are 2+ devices past these ones (although this doesn't pull us from committing to them, just strained between devices).
    So I've got a feature that I've put some decent work into and I need some feedback. Basically it's a cross between the recent apps view and the Galaxy style notification widgets (Most of you know as cm power widgets). To open this up, we've made it so you just long-press the statusbar:

NewQwikWidgets.png
    So 4.3 is booting on qsd8k devices. I'm going to do some work on it tonight, however I do not have my evo to test. It's currently en route to elginsk8r for him to work on a 3.0 kernel. That being said, if I could get a few testers that can dedicate a little time ( hopefully tonight ), we can get at least a preview release out. If not, get nightlies going for Evervolv 3.3 ( Android 4.3 ). Please hop on IRC ( irc.freenode.net -- http://www.evervolv.com/chat/ ). If you see this message after tomorrow evening, please don't come on irc asking for test builds, as I really would like to get this done in the next two nights.
    Update!
    Code:
    [01:07] <@preludedrew> CaptainThrowback, supersonic enabled on nightlies
    And that's KitKat, baby!

What doesn't work: WiMax, FFC
    What still needs to be fixed: Video Camera (doesn't save files), Flash (Torch not working either), a2sd(?)
    What does work: Everything else :)

So I think the first Nightly will show up tomorrow, but anyone that wants to help work out those remaining issues is welcome to jump in and do so.

Let's keep this legendary device alive and kicking!