No registration required

[HACK] Flash on Any Website in IE10 Metro Browser [WIN 8 & WIN RT]

OP Marvin_S

30th October 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S

Guys, we are wandering too far off topic. I appreciate the discussion, but please let it be (somehow) related to ways of enabling flash on IE10 on Win RT and 8. The limitations of Windows RT are better to be discussed in appropriate threads

Did anybody do an experiment with this compatibility list? Or tried to deactivate it in its entire? A systems admin or IT pro might no some more details on this?

I added several websites and it worked fine. I'm a bit bummed as I think MS will find a way to over write the xml file in a masquerade windows update. As far as deactivation is concerned, I thought about making a backup of the xml file, and completely deleting the original to see if it works at all. What do u think?
31st October 2012, 01:54 AM   |  #12  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 240

881 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon

I added several websites and it worked fine. I'm a bit bummed as I think MS will find a way to over write the xml file in a masquerade windows update. As far as deactivation is concerned, I thought about making a backup of the xml file, and completely deleting the original to see if it works at all. What do u think?

It might work, but I assume it will just deactivate compatibility view in its entire and hence disable flash for all sites. But its worth the try Let me know if it works!
31st October 2012, 09:10 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
Quote:

It might work, but I assume it will just deactivate compatibility view in its entire and hence disable flash for all sites. But its worth the try Let me know if it works!

Well I created a local account to test this. Backup the file and deleted the original. All the blacklisted sites didn't work. So its not 100% possible yet but I bet there's a reg option or even a security policy (secpol.msc) that will turn this check off completely. Perhaps a bit of poke around will yield some insights. I looked in secpol and didn't find anything. So that leaves the registry up for grabs unless they're pulling that wp hidden / reg lock down thing.
31st October 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #14  

881 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon

Well I created a local account to test this. Backup the file and deleted the original. All the blacklisted sites didn't work. So its not 100% possible yet but I bet there's a reg option or even a security policy (secpol.msc) that will turn this check off completely. Perhaps a bit of poke around will yield some insights. I looked in secpol and didn't find anything. So that leaves the registry up for grabs unless they're pulling that wp hidden / reg lock down thing.

i bet its hidden, since if you want to add a developer website to test flash on you will have to create a reg key in a non existing folder in the ie registry settings called FLASH, so I guess thats the hidden folder. But I wonder if it is possible to somehow trace these folders. I personally dont know anything about the entire mechanism behind the comapibility view. I just discovered it by accident by figuring out where the whitelist was located. So far it seems that it does not take wildcards for domains and also shutting down the list in its entire does not seem to work. We can try to add a 'blank' domain but I doubt it will work.
5th November 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
Doesn't work for me
I am doing just as instructed. I do not know why it doesn't for me. I tried movie2k.to and myp2p, ibliz. None of them work
5th November 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #16  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 94

577 posts
More
Quote:

More likely is that it will download the default list, or the current list. I don't really see compatibility view as an issue. What you are getting is the ability to use the major Flash-enabled sites without any of the ad sites, built-in as opposed to using third-party solutions.
5th November 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #17  

881 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmouni

I am doing just as instructed. I do not know why it doesn't for me. I tried movie2k.to and myp2p, ibliz. None of them work

Make sure you follow each step correctly. It has been tested and confirmed working by lots of people, on both Windows RT and Windows 8. Make sure you delete browsing history.
5th November 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 283

447 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alternatively, we could create some kind of "community" maintained whitelist, where anybody can just add any website and we will then point IE10 to download a whitelist from this community maintained source (instead of from Microsoft).

Here you can add sites: http://minecraft.digiex.org/flash/
And here is the list itself: http://minecraft.digiex.org/flash/iecompatviewlist.xml

Working with Nuduaa on a auto downloader script to autoupdate it every now and then on the surface.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #19  

881 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenic

Here you can add sites: http://minecraft.digiex.org/flash/
And here is the list itself: http://minecraft.digiex.org/flash/iecompatviewlist.xml

Working with Nuduaa on a auto downloader script to autoupdate it every now and then on the surface.

Awesome! Now I just have to wait for MS to ship me a damn Surface

If it is done (and there is some automation) I will add it to the first post!

Thank you for maintaining the list. This is great guys... good work!

Does anybody know if Windows RT allows the creation of custom extensions?
Last edited by Marvin_S; 6th November 2012 at 01:35 AM.
6th November 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 101

301 posts
More
help
I am following the steps yet I can't find the place in c drive as described on my surface.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread