Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HACK] Flash on Any Website in IE10 Metro Browser [WIN 8 & WIN RT]

Tip us?

lilivo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by severinca View Post
I am following the steps yet I can't find the place in c drive as described on my surface.
i'm having the same problem. when I do the search using the charms feature it finds the file, but I am trying to find the locations so that I can delete and replace it with the file off the digiex site. any help on how exactly you all were able to find that file location? consider me a NOOB to this registry edit thing.

hoodoomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilivo View Post
i'm having the same problem. when I do the search using the charms feature it finds the file, but I am trying to find the locations so that I can delete and replace it with the file off the digiex site. any help on how exactly you all were able to find that file location? consider me a NOOB to this registry edit thing.
No need to mess with the registry. Just make sure hidden items is checked in windows explorer (under view), then navigate to: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml

danchar4
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default 100% MS-blessed and documented way

For the XML file edit method please use this path - the environment variable makes it universal:
Code:
Select Code
%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml
to open the doc for editing cut and paste the following to the command-line or to the Winkey+R run box:
Code:
Select Code
notepad "%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml"
If you are content testing one site at a time, there is a 100% documented way of doing this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../jj193557.aspx

Quote:
To test your Flash content in Internet Explorer 10, add the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Flash\DebugDomain
where DebugDomain is a string value specifying the domain name as its data. (For example, movies.contoso.com). For example:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Flash\DebugDomain = movies.contoso.com

Note on the DebugDomain string value:
•Direct URLs to a page or resource are not supported (for example, contoso.com/xyz). Any value containing ‘/’ is not supported, including: http:// (or https://).
•Do not use “www.” prefix, which is stripped (for example, www.movies.yahoo.com loads as http://movies.yahoo.com).
•Only a single domain is supported.

If you find this helpful vote up and get this added to the first post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danchar4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gropich
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi , i try to do these step in first page,but dont work's here,can someone try to open this site?
http://www.motogp.com/it/videos/late...ip+Island+2012

thank's

juanjo767
Old
(Last edited by juanjo767; 6th November 2012 at 12:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default This doesn't work.

I have a Samsung Series 7 Slate PC running Windows 8 Pro. I have tried to add the following link: cinehoyts dot cl

That site has flash ads and images along the right hand side that only appear when running the desktop app. Can someone please try out that site to verify if it works?

In addition to that, I completely removed the XML file from the directory. However, after removing the file and deleting the browser history inside of the metro browser, youtube still works.

morpheuszg
Old
(Last edited by morpheuszg; 6th November 2012 at 06:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
It seems that this file reverts itself back to default after a reboot. My entries are completely gone. Now I will try to set this file to "read only", maybe this will help.

EDIT: Please never mind, issue has been resolved
HTC 7 Pro with 32GB (own modification)
Firmware: 2250.21.51201.401
Hardware: 0002
Radio: 5.63.09.13_3a_22.36.50.15U
Radio hardware: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader: HSPL 1.22.2250.0
SOC: 2.2.5.0
---------------------------------
MDA Compact V / Touch Diamond 2
MWg Atom Life
HTC Himalaya

Marvin_S
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Guys please dont ask for a specific site whether it works or not. The method has been described pretty thoroughly and works universally. If it dows not work on a specific site there are 2 possible scenarios:
1) the flash file is embedded in an iframe
2) you did something wrong.

Solutions
1) also include the domain of the embedded website (i.e. youtube, vimeo, putlocker, sockshare, gorillavid, etc.)
2) read my steps again and be sure to execute every single one of them in respective order.
Developer of:

Texas Hold'Em Poker Odds (FREE) Improve your chances with this poker odds calculator for Windows Phone!

Achtung! (FREE) for Windows Phone now available!
The first Achtung Die Kurve inspired game with intelligent A.I. for Windows Phone.

Marvin_S
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheuszg View Post
It seems that this file reverts itself back to default after a reboot. My entries are completely gone. Now I will try to set this file to "read only", maybe this will help.
are you sure that you unchecked the checkmark to prevent redownloading the list from the microsoft servers? (e.g. the compatibility settings option, see first post)
Developer of:

Texas Hold'Em Poker Odds (FREE) Improve your chances with this poker odds calculator for Windows Phone!

The first Achtung Die Kurve inspired game with intelligent A.I. for Windows Phone.

Marvin_S
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjo767 View Post
I have a Samsung Series 7 Slate PC running Windows 8 Pro. I have tried to add the following link: cinehoyts dot cl

That site has flash ads and images along the right hand side that only appear when running the desktop app. Can someone please try out that site to verify if it works?

In addition to that, I completely removed the XML file from the directory. However, after removing the file and deleting the browser history inside of the metro browser, youtube still works.
it seems like you did not delete the browsing history... Deleting the xml file is not a good idea as you will lose flash support afaik.
Developer of:

morpheuszg
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S View Post
are you sure that you unchecked the checkmark to prevent redownloading the list from the microsoft servers? (e.g. the compatibility settings option, see first post)
Well, I have indeed missed that one, thanks.
HTC 7 Pro with 32GB (own modification)
Firmware: 2250.21.51201.401
Hardware: 0002
Radio: 5.63.09.13_3a_22.36.50.15U
Radio hardware: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader: HSPL 1.22.2250.0
SOC: 2.2.5.0
---------------------------------
MDA Compact V / Touch Diamond 2
MWg Atom Life
HTC Himalaya