** Remove The Locked & Hidden APNS & Tethering T-Mobile APN's! - New Updated XML **

OP WarlockW

1st November 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
T-Mobile Note II -- After successfully doing method 1, I was finallyyy able to turn the hotspot on, using a widget(did NOT go directly into the settings to turn it on). I am also using VPN, to avoid the t-mobile upsell page. However, after my computer connects to the hotspot, it is unable to load up any webpages ((((((((((((( Just acts as if there is no connection at all... I tried connecting with the WiFi Tether app - can't find the right combination of settings for it to be visible to my computer (tried Auto, Generic and Galaxy Nexus GSM profiles; with and without routing fix on). This is so disappointing... I may just have to go back to my Nexus and put this beast of a phone on a shelf to collect dust, until a sure-proof method to get tethering work is out there...
1st November 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 45

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugotserved

It looks like Tmobile caught on. I was able to get 1-2 hours today on laptop until I was redirected to their hot spots page. So.... Is it all gone now?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

LOL-WAT?

I burned 2.3 gb's yesterday alone tethering netflix.

It works fine. You're apn isn't set right.

BTW this is not a new technique, we've been using it for several years. If Tmobile we're going to catch on now, they're about 3.5 years behind
1st November 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 45

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldebot

Does this work for JB also ? just asking cuz this will be one of the first thing I am sure people will ask. Thank you for posting this, I don't tether but the threads are always flooded with people asking this. Thanx

Yes this is ICS or JB agnostic.

Certain manufacturers (like samsung) hide this stuff so it's harder to find. This is a routing hack and works on all current Samsung SGS3 Tmobile basebands.

I've personally tested this on ICS and JB From UVLH2 - UVLJ4 (my current). Baseband/Radios do not play a role at this time.
1st November 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #24  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 523

3,786 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorenyuk

T-Mobile Note II -- After successfully doing method 1, I was finallyyy able to turn the hotspot on, using a widget(did NOT go directly into the settings to turn it on). I am also using VPN, to avoid the t-mobile upsell page. However, after my computer connects to the hotspot, it is unable to load up any webpages ((((((((((((( Just acts as if there is no connection at all... I tried connecting with the WiFi Tether app - can't find the right combination of settings for it to be visible to my computer (tried Auto, Generic and Galaxy Nexus GSM profiles; with and without routing fix on). This is so disappointing... I may just have to go back to my Nexus and put this beast of a phone on a shelf to collect dust, until a sure-proof method to get tethering work is out there...

I am moving over from TMo S III to Note 2 and I followed method 1. I used 15 Toggles to turn Hotspot on and have tethered 2 devices (including the S III I took the SIM out of) and it works fine so far.

I almost never use it, but when no wifi available for Tablet or laptop - it comes in real handy. Just have to remember to set it up each time I flash ROMs Probably easiest just to keep the T-Mobile-APN.xml file in the SD card root directory so I can just copy it over to the APN directory as needed.
2nd November 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #25  

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww

I am moving over from TMo S III to Note 2 and I followed method 1. I used 15 Toggles to turn Hotspot on and have tethered 2 devices (including the S III I took the SIM out of) and it works fine so far.

I almost never use it, but when no wifi available for Tablet or laptop - it comes in real handy. Just have to remember to set it up each time I flash ROMs Probably easiest just to keep the T-Mobile-APN.xml file in the SD card root directory so I can just copy it over to the APN directory as needed.

Yea, I'm going to try to flash Xquizit N2 rom tomorrow night and see if it works using the 15 toggle switch. So far I've just been trying to use a random wifi tether toggle widget and wifi tether app on a stock rom (rooted of course). But seems like the Xquizit rom and the 15 toggles it offers is the answer to my problems lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
2nd November 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #26  

21 posts
Quote:

Yea, I'm going to try to flash Xquizit N2 rom tomorrow night and see if it works using the 15 toggle switch. So far I've just been trying to use a random wifi tether toggle widget and wifi tether app on a stock rom (rooted of course). But seems like the Xquizit rom and the 15 toggles it offers is the answer to my problems lol.

Quick update: I was actually able to get tethering to work using this widget to turn the Hotspot on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android.froyo. I am forced to change the UA string in my chrome browser. For some reason the VPN trick doesn't work. Connection keeps timing out. Without using VPN, I get the tmobile upsell page, so have to change the UA string to avoid it. However, only reason I need tethering is to stream Netflix through PS3. With my galaxy nexus, I was able to connect no problem using VPN, but with the Note 2,as I said, connection keeps timing out when using VPN. Anyone got any ideas as to why this may be the case? Has anyone else been able to change APNs and be able to connect by using VPN to avoid tmobile upsell page?

3rd November 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #27  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 523

3,786 posts
More
Quote:

Quick update: I was actually able to get tethering to work using this widget to turn the Hotspot on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android.froyo. I am forced to change the UA string in my chrome browser. For some reason the VPN trick doesn't work. Connection keeps timing out. Without using VPN, I get the tmobile upsell page, so have to change the UA string to avoid it. However, only reason I need tethering is to stream Netflix through PS3. With my galaxy nexus, I was able to connect no problem using VPN, but with the Note 2,as I said, connection keeps timing out when using VPN. Anyone got any ideas as to why this may be the case? Has anyone else been able to change APNs and be able to connect by using VPN to avoid tmobile upsell page?

I got the up-sell page until I used a toggle - then it stopped popping up.
3rd November 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #28  
Flag San Francisco

52 posts
More
I have a Note II and want to give this a try but I am a little confused on the insecure Boot.img??? I just rooted my phone and on stock Rom. Can I just follow the steps and ignore insecure Boot.img? If not, how do I go about having boot.img? Thanks in advance.
3rd November 2012, 05:59 AM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 628

1,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterakin

I have a Note II and want to give this a try but I am a little confused on the insecure Boot.img??? I just rooted my phone and on stock Rom. Can I just follow the steps and ignore insecure Boot.img? If not, how do I go about having boot.img? Thanks in advance.

Just follow the instructions .. on the kernel page.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1958124
The Following User Says Thank You to WarlockW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #30  
Flag San Francisco

52 posts
More
Thank you!!! I'm writing you this with my laptop that's using my phones hotspot! You the best!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread