Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] LG Optimus Logic (LGL35G)

Tip us?

skyline247
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I got the LG for my daughter (13 going on 30), and now it works fine. Thanks jcase.

NateDoggTN
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Did not unlock my lgl35g

Yes I am a Noob... nobody likes me

I have exhausted every resource that I could find on this phone. I thought that this post was the answer to my problem, however it did not seem to help at all. Everything seemed as if it was working fine as I went step by step through the process. However, I rebooted my phone and there is no difference then when I started. The "su.zip" file enclosed in this post was not able to extract into the directory of my ADB client. It kept saying root already existed, but I was unable to see it in windows explorer? Is this "su.zip" a modified version of a pre-existing file in the SDK kit? I really need to unlock this phone so that I can clean up the junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=jcase;33446761]Update: Friday November 2nd 2012
Fixed a bad upload of the su file, must of become corrupt sorry.

Silly permission bug again, but w/e. LG should know better, from what I am told this is a recently released device. This is a long standing known issue. Lg get your sh*t together.

Directions:
unzip su.zip into the current path (directory) you are in.

adb shell

(while in adb shell)
rm /data/local/tmp/profile_calib_m
ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/tmp/profile_calib_m
exit

adb reboot
adb wait-for-device shell

(once in the adb shell again)

echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop
rm /data/local/tmp/profile_calib_m
exit

adb reboot
adb wait-for-device remount
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb reboot

Once rebooted install superuser from the market:
The Following User Says Thank You to NateDoggTN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Enzopreme
Old
Thanks Meter 198
anyone know of a way to SIM unlock this device? I have AT&T and would like to use it om there, i bought it for $30 on clist thinking net 10 would work with an AT&T SIM but was wrong, any help would be appreciated...
IF I HELPED YOU, HELP ME BY HITTING THE "THANKS" BUTTON!

Current Device: LG Optimus G

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
anyone know of a way to SIM unlock this device? I have AT&T and would like to use it om there, i bought it for $30 on clist thinking net 10 would work with an AT&T SIM but was wrong, any help would be appreciated...

What is weird about that is i put the sim in a iphone and it worked just fine!!! Best bet would be ebay for unlock...
Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......

kingmt01
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the Net10 one that I put a Straight Talk SIM in with no problems if I can get my hands on a AT&T SIM today I'll check it out.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDoggTN View Post
Yes I am a Noob... nobody likes me

I have exhausted every resource that I could find on this phone. I thought that this post was the answer to my problem, however it did not seem to help at all. Everything seemed as if it was working fine as I went step by step through the process. However, I rebooted my phone and there is no difference then when I started. The "su.zip" file enclosed in this post was not able to extract into the directory of my ADB client. It kept saying root already existed, but I was unable to see it in windows explorer? Is this "su.zip" a modified version of a pre-existing file in the SDK kit? I really need to unlock this phone so that I can clean up the junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:
Did you push the su binary file or the whole folder? If you pushed the whole folder you will have to remove the directory & start over.

macdova
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default how to run root

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I am...when it comes to LG. im trying to root my homies LG optimus logic but im not sure where to run the command from. if some one could help me out on to where the zip should actullay be placed and unziped to that would be a big help, thanks. and if there is a thread already for this please hook up a link.

kerroncheddie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thanks

thanks mate for this
i appreciate your time.

skyline247
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Anyone know of a rooted ROM

I have looked all over, but it doesn't look like a dev has created a ROM for this device. Has anyone come across one? If I knew programming I would give it a shot, but it's a mystery to me. I know that CyanogenMod 9 for the L3 (e400) works, but there is a problem with the radios, hence no cellular, wifi, or bluetooth.

skyline247
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Source code......
http://www.lg.com/global/support/ope...rce-detail.jsp

arusiasotto
Old
Thanks Meter 10
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34104009

This guy had some success with CM9, but no radio. Anyone know how to extract the radio? I've never built a rom, but this is tempting.