Now you have a kernel with touch recovery for JB. Yeah, JB!!! It is compiled from nAa's JB kernel sources and TWRP is compiled from source, too, but not by me. Performance is almost like that of nAa's JB kernel. Maybe even better.
- Everything from nAa's JB kernel
- Custom MTD partitions as in nAa-JB kernels
- Built with Linaro toolchain
- CWM-based recovery 22.214.171.124 because the touch version just HAD to mess up.
- TWRP! Check this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1985993
- A new I/O scheduler - Deadline - that's as fast as hell especially after the tweaks from Daveee10's commits. Seriously I tried this on my phone. Super fast.
- SIO and V(R) schedulers.
- smartassH3 governor that nearly eliminates the wake up bug on JB ROMs.
- SLQB slab allocator
- H/W video decoding.
- Dual-booting JB ROMs. fehereneoh's post in the 34th covers that.
That's it for now.
- Rooted XPERIA X8 with unlocked bootloader
- A lot of courage
- The ability to follow instructions (which I'm pretty sure everyone around here possesses =))
- An sdcard backup is recommended, too.
- Make sure you have a copy of the stock kernel and ROM in case anything goes wrong (I'm pretty sure it won't)
- Backup using CWM
- And don't forget to format /system, /cache and /data before flashing. Otherwise the kernel won't boot.
- Download the kernel and put in the firmwares folder of Flashtool
- Follow the instructions provided by Flashtool
- Reboot and press back button several times and if you see the TOUCH RECOVERY you have succeeded in your quest
SetCPU screenshot (check the scheduler bit):**
I/O Scheduler Deadline in use:**
Best AnTuTu score with CPU@787MHz on smartassv2 and Deadline I/O scheduler. Stock 2GB sdcard was used. I swear to God no tweaks were used:**
Since I forgot to take a screenshot of the "Detailed scores", I'm uploading the score record XML file as well (mostly for skeptics). It hasn't been tampered with. What you believe is up to you, though:
- Rebooting to recovery from ROM works but if you reboot to system from CWM it keeps booting to CWM. Wipe cache to solve this.
- SDCARD gets formatted sometimes. This bug has been confirmed removed by testers. But you should always be on the safer side and have a backup.
DOWNLOADS AND SOURCES
Downloads: http://d-h.st/qGM V8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=511 Thank CnCprior to downloading, as it wouldn't have been possible without his efforts. Much appreciated bruv.
Kernel source: https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-kernel-jb
Use the master branch and as EET has advised, use this instead of zipballs or tarballs:
git clone https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-kernel-jb.git
Tha above basically means I am fully compliant with GPL. Thanks go to nAa, pilu1978, CtrlAltDelIrl, EET and all the others who warned me.
- nobodyAtall for kernel source
- alfsamsung for touch recovery
- djnilse for helping alfsamsung
- feherneoh for being a great friend and helping with nBoot which still doesn't work, and for creating oBoot which does work!
- pilu1978 for helping me
- Daveee10 for helping out with governors and schedulers
- CnC-ROCK for bootlogo and soon, bootanim
- viper001 for instructions
- mayurcools for ideas for solutions to bugs
- DooMLorD for the unpacking tool
- Dev-Host for being the wonderful file-hosters they are (suck on that Mediafire)
- androidnerd2 for providing the commands that determine what touch screen you have
- Cyanogenmod team for......you know what....if you don't, then GTFO. just kidding
- TAJ_Rocks - For some suggestions
- Sony Ericsson for the phone
- My family for supporting me =)
- The whole of Team Oxydo for being the awesome guys that they are
- Allah Almighty (yes I'm a proud Muslim)
TO BOOT INTO TWRP, TOUCH THE SCREEN WHILE THE LOGO IS BEING DISPLAYED.
TO ENTER CWM RECOVERY, KEEP PRESSING BACK BUTTON WHILE LOGO IS BEING DISPLAYED.
NEITHER ME NOR ANYONE RELATED TO THIS KERNEL CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE BY FLASHING THIS. PLEASE HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR SDCARD BEFORE FLASHING AS THIS MAY FORMAT IT. THIS BUG HAS BEEN REMOVED AS CONFIRMED BY TESTERS, BUT HAVE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND TO BE SAFE.
NOTE: I still consider it a WIP. Therefore bugs may exist. However they shouldn't cause much damage. And bug reports are always welcome. You can use this kernel. If you like it, just press the "Thanks" button. Don't spam, please.
**If you're wondering how I got my phone's UI to look that nice (it is nice, isn't it?), just set LCD density to 120. Text is a little small but I can read it without glasses, so it's all good.