Internal memory issue - some folders not accessible

Search This thread

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
Hello!

I had this problem since I got my N7100. I am not able to access the Download or Data folder on my internal storage. I am not able to delete them nor copying something into the folder... nothing. If I download something my phone automatically saves it to extSdcard/Download.

Anyone encounters this problem or has a solution. Help is very appreciated.

Thank you all!

EDIT:
I know that this Forum is maybe the wrong place, but I know that in this section much more people with propably good answers will come across than in Q&A section.

Last edited:

jiawei0309

Jun 19, 2011
Puchong
Hello!

I had this problem since I got my N7100. I am not able to access the Download or Data folder on my internal storage. I am not able to delete them nor copying something into the folder... nothing. If I download something my phone automatically saves it to extSdcard/Download.

Thank you all!

EDIT:
I know that this Forum is maybe in the wrong place, but I know that in this section much more people with propably good answers will come across than in Q&A section.
+1

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna

I found one first "wannabe-solution". It's only a workaround for the Download problem, but no real solution.

I entered the internal storage with my file-manager throught root partition (/data/media/) and managed at least to rename those corrupted folders in something else and with a dot at the beginning to hide them in normal file-managers. Now I changed the Download-Storage-Target in the stock browser to the internal memory. It works now like everything would be fine.

Anyway I can't delete these folders. And they persist. I had them before flashing, and after doing a Super-Wipe (including the internal media part) I got this problem again. So it has to be a Kernel-related or System-related problem. I think it's the second. I'm not sure but I think I had the problem also before flashing Perseus Kernel.

Anyway, some more help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you folks!

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello!

Thank you all!

EDIT:
I know that this Forum is maybe in the wrong place, but I know that in this section much more people with propably good answers will come across than in Q&A section.

So, all of us have a question, we must post in original development in order to have a quicker answer.....strange

I'll report your thread.

What rom are you using?
For this one "If I download something my phone automatically saves it to extSdcard/Download." go to to your stock browser settings -advanced and find default storage.By default is memory card.Change it to device

edit:you see? You can find your answers.Flash back to stock rom and do wipe data/factory reset. Check again if your problem with internal memory is still there

Last edited:

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
So, all of us have a question, we must post in original development in order to have a quicker answer.....strange

I'll report your thread.

What rom are you using?
For this one "If I download something my phone automatically saves it to extSdcard/Download." go to to your stock browser settings -advanced and find default storage.By default is memory card.Change it to device

At first I have to say that I am sorry, because of my thread-opening here, but I also thought that this might be a more intensive problem to more users here. I know, that I can change the download target (i wrote that in my last post), but that don't gives me the reason why this happened and how I can remove such folders.

Maybe it's more a android-general problem and not SGN2-related.

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To Q&A

Do not ask questions in a development section! The fact you feel it will get more exposure is irrelevant. All users are expected to follow the rules, regardless of there feeling of self importance.​

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
Moved To Q&A

Do not ask questions in a development section! The fact you feel it will get more exposure is irrelevant. All users are expected to follow the rules, regardless of there feeling of self importance.​

You are right. Sorry for that.

Regarding the problem. Maybe it is a necessary fact, that I used the init.d script to swap internal and external memory.
Could that be the problem?

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
And again.Flash back to stock rom and do wipe data/factory reset through stock recovery.Then check again if problem persists

I checked the folder right after flashing a completely new ROM. Already wiped everything in my phone. Problem was there from the beginning. Maybe it's another relict from the Script :confused: . I never used the script after the last flash.

Last edited:

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
I think its from the browser. My browser wont remind my location target. I have to change the lllocation to internal memory nearluly every time I start it. Thats very confusing.