5,598,718 Members 36,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Flash Image GUI - Flash Kernels and Recoveries from normal Android mode!

Tip us?

traesnaidensdad
Old
Thanks Meter 120
What about splash screens for those who rooted on 2.20 and haven't or isnt willing to attempt the downgrade? Thanks. I used to follow you on another 3 letter site with my first Android.....Samsung Moment. My first rooted phone!

sent from the AT&T OneXL that replaced my Sprint O.G. EvO4G........hmm

superchilpil
Old
Thanks Meter 1201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by traesnaidensdad View Post
What about splash screens for those who rooted on 2.20 and haven't or isnt willing to attempt the downgrade? Thanks. I used to follow you on another 3 letter site with my first Android.....Samsung Moment. My first rooted phone!

Nope, the splash partition I believe is write protected on the 2.20 firmware

Try downgrading, its simpler thank you think. Just takes patience and time, your phone will always be recoverable from that state so there is a slim chance of bricking. If all else fails we have many willing members of this community that will help you through it

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
=========================

AT&T HTC One

Help me fill up my thanks meter by hitting thanks
==================================================
The Following User Says Thank You to superchilpil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeykrim
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnhack View Post
Thanks for the response some apps would be the android 4.2 camera with the gallery the 4.2 keyboard with emoji heres a link to a few http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1970625

maybe custom boot & down animations (i usually disable mine but others may enjoy it)

That's all i can think of off the top of my head i hope that helps
Perfect feedback. At first glance, I'm hesitant to support this as some /system files can't be copied over while Android is using them. I will add this to my to-do list and research this out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traesnaidensdad View Post

Could you provide a link to the technical details behind the splash screen flashing method(s)? I'm interested in studying this. Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate the support from the Samsung Moment days and now!

doc_v15
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Amazing!!! I just got my one xl 2days ago, and I was thinking that it would be great if someone could make an apps that allows us flashing boot.img without a pc!!!
Rock my world!!

Sent from my HTC One XL

damngood98
Old
(Last edited by damngood98; 22nd November 2012 at 06:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 592
edit: didn't realize there is a thread for this for my phone...
phone: LG Nexus 5
recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
ROM: Slimkat
kernel: stock

tablet: Nexus 10
recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
ROM: Slimkat

Passa91
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Am I doing something wrong? I have a Telstra One XL, I just bought the app from the store... tried flashing a new kernel, and when it reboots, I have the same kernel as before. :/
Current phone: Nexus 4 16GB
Retired: HTC One XL 32GB - Grey | HTC One V - Black | Motorola Defy - Green Lens

joeykrim
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passa91 View Post
Am I doing something wrong? I have a Telstra One XL, I just bought the app from the store... tried flashing a new kernel, and when it reboots, I have the same kernel as before. :/
Can you provide a link to the file you're flashing? I will investigate. Thanks!

Neozx25
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've tried flashing the img through the entire romantic file, however, it malfunctions upon flashing then the romantic as it displays errors. Phone . android shut down.acore shutdown... So on, and so forth. I followed the steps explicitly. I didnt use any application to restore core Google apps before or after. I tried flashing the corresponding Google apps for the romantic separately and without. Getting the same errors resulting in having to just restore to my previous state. I've done this with 3 different roms. Any advice beyond having to resort to using my pc to flash boot.img?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Woops! Romantic = ROM! haha.... Oh and I've got an AT&T One XL. If that means anything...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Passa91
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykrim View Post
Can you provide a link to the file you're flashing? I will investigate. Thanks!
Hiya! This one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1892108

Thanks!
Current phone: Nexus 4 16GB
Retired: HTC One XL 32GB - Grey | HTC One V - Black | Motorola Defy - Green Lens

salutcemoi
Old
(Last edited by salutcemoi; 12th December 2012 at 11:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
I know its an HOX thread (I have a HOS), but I just want to thank the maker of this app as Im a total noob

I ran into a lot of issues after rooting my phone (S-ON with HBOOT 1.13) for the 1st time, and this app is a miracle

Best $$$$$ I've ever spent in the Play Store