Thread Closed

[CLOSED][ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod-10 for Optimus 2X - NIGHTLIES [Oct 30th 2012]

OP aremcee

30th October 2012, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,827

452 posts
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

I can't follow this thread anymore, 90% of it is people whining about the same crap over and over instead of reading what's been written already.

To those of you who actually bother to post logs and repro scenarios, I'm sorry, but I can't spend 20 minutes every day sifting through **** to get to your useful data; I'll go back to testing with people I know, it's slower but much less frustrating.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or anything else that happens to hardware that isn't my own. It's your own choice to install this software
 */

These are automated builds of CM10 for the LG Optimus 2x, and the first official builds post Gingerbread (CyanogenMod 7). They have nothing in common with the crap builds that floated around for the last year (including my own), and are composed of fully compatible native bits; in other words, there is no hardware function loss or degradation.
It's been tested to a reasonable extent, and should be usable on a daily basis, but as automated builds they can, at any time, get broken.

CM10 will apply as an update on top of CM7, but it's possible that the skipping of CM9 may cause issues. If you upgrade directly and start getting weird behaviors, try doing a factory reset before running around shouting "bug!". DeskClock is one application known to have issues with upgrading: for that one, clearing its data from Settings is usually sufficient. As usual, people coming from anything that isn't CM (and this includes CM unofficial builds) need to do a full factory reset (wipe).

On a related note: This works only with the older (GB or Froyo) bootloaders. People running leaked ICS builds will need to rollback.

Install instructions:
1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "p990". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine. If you already have a recovery known to work with CM7, you can skip this step.
2. Get the most recent CM10 build from http://get.cm/?device=p990
3. Reboot into recovery
4. BACKUP
5. Install the zip(s).

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

It's entirely possible that features not used by me (nor the people I've asked to test) are broken, but overall the device should be usable. You have been warned.

Contributions to CM (code or otherwise) are, as always, welcome; Please visit our wiki if you want to give us a hand!
Last edited by aremcee; 9th November 2012 at 10:22 PM.
The Following 775 Users Say Thank You to aremcee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 38

157 posts
More
I love you.

Now the only issue is that the download doesn't work. Let's hope it'll be fixed soon.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium
Last edited by xExabyte; 30th October 2012 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xExabyte For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Near LG with a hand grenade
Thanks Meter: 350

526 posts
Donate to Me
YOU ROCK MAN ! Thank you for your hard work... we all appreciate it !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to torq1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chelyabinsk
Thanks Meter: 5

4 posts
More
Thx you, Ricardo, for your hard work!
The Following User Says Thank You to dzx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
Thank you. I am making a clean wipe and starting to report if find any bugs.
30th October 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
Does it matter which version of Clockwork Mod Recovery I have? I currently have version 5.0.2.7

Also, I keep seeing mentions of RIL and basebands? Is this something I need to worry about?
My Optimus 2X is rooted on stock 2.3.4
30th October 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks a lot.
30th October 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in this effort. I, of course, also thanked the post of the op.
30th October 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 16

54 posts
The wait is finally over
Time to test this

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
30th October 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 15

64 posts
I don't know if this is the place to report bugs, but when I hold lock button to open the pop-up menu that switches the device off, the device freezes.
I'm going to do a data reset to check if it is only me who has the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tehloy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread