Originally Posted by theoldfarter
Thanks for the re-upload but there appears to be a problem with the contents of the zip file. When I try to extract it, I get this message: " the archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Could you download it yourself, or anyone,& see if you get that message.
EDIT: Thanks Tom for re-uploading again. It extracted OK this time. Unfortunately, I have had to send my A510 tablet in for repair, the charge light stopped working. I must admit to some ignorance in what to do with the unzipped files, as there is no installer for it, unlike a typical install of a USB driver. Perhaps you, or anyone, could educate me a bit?
I explained it a little in my previous post, but I will try to explain it a little better this time.
1. Click with the right mouse button on Computer.
2. Click Manage.
3. Go to Device Manager.
4. Right click Acer A700 (or A510, OR anything that looks like an unknown android device), click update driver software.
5. Choose "Browe my computer for driver software". Choose "Let me pick from a list".
6. Click all devices or/and Have disk..
7. Go to the (extracted) folder you used from my upload in the previous post (usb_driver) and click the file under the 2 folders (android_winusb.inf)
8. Click on the first one and install.
Now Windows will recognise your tablet.
If you still don't get the hang of it, check out this video I found on Youtube:
The video may seem a bit dull, but it's actually useful if you really can't find any of the things I explained.
In the video, the "woman" explains on how you can find the Device Manager, on another way I explained.
Follow the instruction in the video until Step 8, which means you shouldn't follow step 8 but continue from my instruction from step 5.
Ps. If you really really don't get to install it, I would like to offer to do it for you (no charge, if that even was a question), if you trust a complete stranger on the internet
(but you can abort any time). Just PM me.