This rom is a try to provide a rom with less battery drain. Most roms are coming without real battery saving tweaks. So we created our own rom with lots of special tweaks. Some tweaks are based on already existing ones, but we wrote most of them ourself to get the most out of the Razr battery.
ATTENTION: We have released untested CDMA-Version! If anyone here with a CDMA device wants to test, please provide some feedback. Thx!
- Camera picture quality improved
- Overall Performance improved
- New themed Play Store (no more blue)
- V6-Supercharger integrated
- Performance switch modes included:
Open Terminal Emulator and type 'su', then type:
'game' - to activate high performance mode
'stock' - to activate batery saving mode
'scharge' - to configure V6-Supercharger RAM Management
You can use Script Manager to create oneclick-widgets on your homescreen to switch profiles.
This feature will be integrated in the system settings soon, Until then use the Terminal Emulator.
- Fixed all bootloops issues - REALLY^^
- Updated source
- Fixed CPU Clock Daemon
- Fixed zipalign, sqlite vacuum
- Fixed kernel parameters
- Added Powertop 2.1
You can flash D-WiZ now directly to your Stock Slot (BMM ONLY for now).
NOTE: Just to be safe, when Aroma finished the installation DON'T reboot!! Untick the box "Reboot device" and click "Finish". Then go back to the main menu, got to "System Keeper" and select "Install Bootmenu to Stock Slot"!!!
D-WiZ is now available with AROMA Installer! Only for use with Bootmenu Manager 0.3.2
A tutorial for BMM is below!
There are several reasons to switch to BMM 0.3.2:
- Much more tweaks - On virtual slots (e.g. SS3 Rom Slots, BMM System 3-6) some tweaks are causing bootloops and freezes
- Better battery life
- Better performance
- Faster boot process
- Aroma Installer
Because of that D-WiZ is now available in two different versions: One for Safestrap 3 and one for Bootmenu 0.3.2. The SS3-Version is kind of a "lite-version" because I had to remove several tweaks (were causing lots of issues).
The BMM-Version includes all tweaks, mods and advantages of D-WiZ, but please note that this version will only run on non-virtual slots!
There are several Patches and Add-Ons available in UpdateMe! You can find UpdateMe in the App Drawer.
- The current version 2.0.3 can cause Bootloops on some devices. If you have that issue, please reboot (2-3 times) until it boots up completely, then open UpdateMe in the App drawer and download the D-WiZ-Init-Patch from Patches section. Flash it in recovery!
- NOTE: If you are using the Undervolt-Patch: The voltage values will be overwritten by the Inid-Patch! You have to flash the Undervolt-Patch again after applying the init-Patch!
- D-WiZ is undervolted by default. But you can set lower values for more undervolting. Just download the Undervolt-Patch from UpdateMe patches section and flash it in recovery.
- NOTE: The values from the Undervolt-Patch values can be too low for some devices and causing crashes and freezes! If you get problems after flashing the Undervolt-Patch, just flash the Init-Patch to reset the undervolt settings. Now you can edit the 70uvoltc file inside the Undervolt-Patch zip Archive and try it out until you find good settings for your device.
0 100 825 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
1 200 850 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
2 300 875 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
3 400 900 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
4 600 950 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
5 800 1000 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
6 1000 1088 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
How to use Bootmenu Manager 0.3.0f
- Download BMM 0.3.2 from Google Play.
- Download D-WiZ_3.0.1_AROMA_XT910.zip
- Boot into your Main Rom /Stock Rom
- Open Safestrap 3 App and tick "uninstall recovery" <--- If you were using SS3
- Unpack the BMM package on your computer
- Plug in your device (USB with Debugging enabled)
- Run the install.bat from BMM folder
Note: If there are displayed some errors while installation, doesn't matter. Just reboot and if you see BMM, it's ok. But if there is no BMM splash screen you have to install BMM again like described above (you may rstart the adb server before to prevent error)
- Now you have to prepare your rom slots:
- Reboot and when the BMM screen appears, tick "Settings".
- Now Select a slot you want to use, open "Boot Mode" and untick: "2nd-Boot" and "Kexec".
- If you want to use rom slot 2, please follow the instructions at the end of this quote (How to protect your 2nd Slot Cache)!
- If you want to use the rom on your stock slot:
- If you are coming from another rom, please perform a full wipe, wipe dalvik cache and formant system (in "mounts & format")
- flash it directly to stock slot!
- NOTE: Just to be safe, when Aroma finished the installation DON'T reboot!! Untick the box "Reboot device" and click "Finish". Then go back to the main menu, got to "System Keeper" and select "Install Bootmenu to Stock Slot"!!![/B]
- Continue here when you want to use another Slot (Slot 3-6):
- Go back and open "Partition Setup".
- Create the slots (System, Datam Cache) with your preferred sizes.
- Now go back to boot screen and select recovery.
- In recovery switch to your created slot (under Recovery Switch)
- Now flash the rom (as usual: "Install zip...") and enjoy AROMA
- Now it reboots, hold on in splash screen (select settings or sth like that)
Now you have several options:
- You can boot into the slot where you installed the rom.
NOTE: There can be bootloops for some reason only after first installation (still have to figure that out) so I would recommend you to use the rom on Stock or second slot.
To set the default slot to boot, boot into rom, open /system/etc/bmm with root browser and edit "bootmenu.prop":
default=1 <--- Number for your rom slot!
How to protect your 2nd Slot Cache (otherwise it doesn't boot after first time boot)
- Reboot into recovery
- Switch to slot 2
- Flash the rom
- Download this: Aromafs-1.80.zip
- Plug in the device and select in recovery. "Advanced Options" --> "Mount as USB storage"
- Rename the file to "Aromafm.zip" and place it on your internal storage in: /clockworkmod/
- Plug off the device
- Select "Filemanager"
- Now press Menu button in right lower corner
- Select "Open Console"
- type in the following
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/system e2fsck -fDC0 /dev/block/system
Please try around and report issues here!
[WIP...] = Work In Progress
- Auto brightness a bit darker than default JB [WIP...]
- System-Tweaks for RAM-Management, SD-Card-Boost
-- Hotplug-Governor reconfigured:
- set as default governor
- aggressive downscaling
- 2. Core wake up only if really needed
- 2. Core sleep faster
- upscaling more slow
- scales to higher frequencies if really needed
- CPU-Frequecy table: 100, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000 mhz
- "CPU-Clock-Daemon" - sets the CPU back to minimum freq of 100 after kernels QoS request (takes a few minutes sometimes / doesn't prevent device from deep sleep)
-- System Tweaks
- fast and stable UI also on very low CPU frequencies
- prevent Dirty Writeback Timeout
- ram management
- Wifi Power Management On (saves battery, in case you're at home it will set to lower signal strengh but really enough for good signal)
-- Kernel Tweaks
- for better memory usage
- faster System
- power usage
- default scheduler SIO
- SystemUI: Razr I Launcher & 3DCircle
- OTA Updates (Updates from my Server)
- GAPPS blacked out
- 4.2 Camera
- 4.2 Gallery
- 4.2 Gmail
- 4.2 Keyboard
-- Full automatic and location based power-controll via integrated Llama (WITH finished profiles):
- automatic switch 2G/3G (Browser or Play Store On: 3G Preferred)(Browser or Play Store or Screen Off: 2G)
- if connected to WLAN: 2G
- if entering home: WLAN ON, Data Off, 2G
- CM10- & AOKP-Features
- Root & Permissions-Security included
- Modified, improved Version of Google Now
NOTE: This Rom was made for saving battery!!! No overclocking and no super-fast-as-hell-tweaks! If you are looking for sth like that, take another rom! I managed it to get this rom fast and stable also on low CPU usage, just try it!
Here are Instrucions how to use Llama: http://kebabapps.blogspot.de/p/llama...tructions.html
- Download Zip File: KLICK
- Extract it and copy its content (the folder) to your EXTERNAL SD-Card.
- Open up the Llama-App and press the "Menu-Button".
- Select "Import/Export Data" and choose "IMPORT from SD-Card".
- The profiles are now activated
- Now you have to select your home Area on the LEFT tab. Press and hold on "Home" and select the option to detect your home location (some minutes should be enough)
- Last thing is to select you home Wifi. Press the menu button and select settings (or options, dunno how its in English). Scroll down to experimental stuff, then choose check for Wifi Networks". Go back into Llama menu and select tab "Recent", search for you Wifi Network and press and hold it, now choose "Add to area" and select home.
- IMPORTANT: Now go back into experimental stuff settings and DEACTIVATE the search for Wifi Networks option!
- There are some "sync-Rules" in the Llama Profiles, they are experimental (background data sync on for 1 minute everx 20 minutes). Just deactivate or delete them if not needed (maybe they are causing partial wakelocks). But before you delete them, just have a look into them, so you'll see how complex this app can be customized!
- Llama is now configured and active! Now you can add your own rules if you want.
CAUTION: The profiles are made on a German device!! That means for any users from different countries, you must rename the area names in EVERY rule to your areas location names, or you rename your location areas to German: home = "zuhause", etc.., just look for the names inside the rules.
- almost everything
Full HD Video Recording
Camera Flash (temp. solution)
- Screen Rotation (zooms out shortly)
- No sound in calls while activated Bluetooth (WIP)
- Sound weird bahaviour when using a BT-Headset
- Installation for Safestrap -
- Safestrap 3
- Wipe Data, Cache & Dalvik, Format System
- Flash Rom
- load the Llama Profiles (above) or make some by yourself
If you are updating from prior D-WiZ version, usually just flash the zip WITHOUT ANY wipe - except for update from < 1.0.5, there you MUST perform a full system & data wipe!!
If you are using BMM check the how-to on the top of this post!
For non-EU users (if you notice battery drain or weird behavior with the rom:
If you notice battery drain or another issue do the following:
1. Download one of these kernels (try them and decide which one is the best for you):
Kernel 9th June
Kernel ICS latest
Place the kernel on your SD-Card
2. Now boot into Bootmenu recovery
3. Select "Firmware Falshing"
3. Select "Backup CID" and confirm with "Yes"
4. Select "Erase CID" and confirm with "Yes"
5. Now select "Backup Kernel"
5. Select "Flash Kernel (boot.img...)", select the boot.img file which you've saved on your sd-card before and confirm with "Yes".
6. If you haven't flashed the Rom yet, do it!
7. Reboot into D-WiZ Rom and enjoy!!
NOTE: If you want flash back your LATAM Kernel for any reason, go to recovery, select "Firmware Flashing" and "Restore CID" (You will find your backed up CID in /sdcard(-ext)/clockworkmod/Firmware/...". You will also find your backed up kernel in that folder!
This rom runs best when you DON'T change any CPU-related settings!
Please DON'T change any kernel parameters if you are not familiar with this stuff!
NOTE: after the each reboot all CPU settings will be restored to default (NOT Kernel- and other Tweaks!)
Sometimes the kernel sets the CPU to 300 min. If you should notice that, just let it be, the rom will set it back to 100 after some minutes. Also ALL frequencies are undervolted, so it won't eat much battery anyway.
- Go to display and brightness settings, select auto brightness, customize and add 2 or 3 more steps (fill the values continuing)
[Flash Kernel and Baseband]
Download Kernel / Radio Flasher: KLICK
If you like our work we would appreciate it if you would send us a small donation. Donations make sure that we can go on providing you Roms and other stuff. We are doing all this in our spare time, but thereby resulting cost. We use this money to buy equipment or pay our servers and workspace environment.
If you want to donate use the Donate Button below my name (below Thanks Meter)
Many thanks to all those who donated to us!
- Jack'o (xda)
- Wombatino (xda)
- Palmin (Handy-Faq)
- nischalnischal (xda)
- Spectral1991 (xda)
- blackhawk_LA (xda)
- BlaXXuN/picz (xda/Handy-Faq)
- HornetRider (Handy-Faq / XDA)
- maarawoe (XDA)
- Robert O.
- Jan B.
- Burnfaker / Xantian
- Dennis D.
- Rafael P.
- Uwe D.
- Lukas S
- Torsten V.
- Stefan M
- Jan S
- Stefan K.
- Ming S. A.
- Daniel B.
- Gary N.
- Stefan D.
D-WiZ Dev Team:
- Whirleyes for his awesome work and kernel modules!
- Frasertag for answering all my questions!
- STS-Dev-Team for their work on the Base-ROMs and making them compatible with our hardware!
- XDA and its great community!
- XlightwaverX for his awesome development social network site and help!