SAFESTRAP v3.05 BETA (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)
** DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SERIOUS HACK YOU ARE ABOUT TO PERFORM TO THE DEVICE.
DUE TO THE WAY THIS BOOTSTRAP WORKS, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SOFT-BRICKING.
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR KINDLE BY USING THIS TOOL.
YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you bypassed the BIG RED letters above, make sure you re-read it and understand that you're installing a hijack which affects the normal boot process of the Kindle Fire HD. If that process is changed in anyway it could lead to a soft-bricked device which will need to be fastboot restored.
FOR NOW THIS IS FOR THE KINDLE FIRE HD 7", LATER I ALSO HAVE A VERISON WHICH WILL WORK ON THE KFIRE2.
Download the APK Here
Brief Overview / Instructions for how to use Safestrap:
- Currently there's a bug where when you create and activate a rom-slot, the /sdcard is pointed at the rom-slots "/data" partition. This of course won't have all of your content in it. I'll release an update once that's fixed.
- [11/14] Initial release for KFireHD7
- [10/30] Begin testing tablet interface for Kindle Fire's
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
- [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
- [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 188.8.131.52 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
- [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
- [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
- [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
- [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
- [10/14] Charging in recovery
- [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS
Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the "Recovery" button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery. You can skip the wait by touching the "Continue" button.
- Stock flashing is currently disabled. And this will probably remain this way for the foreseeable future.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
- The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.
[ SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON ]