My custom camera icon is not showing.

Search This thread
So, I'm trying to customize my camera icon through the res and ect.. I got one of the apks to flash but, then I noticed it was very jagged and not clean at all so I decided to fix it up and now I can't get it to flash. When I do flash it the icon disappears and there is no camera app to be found. I have a feeling that my sizes or resolution of the picture of the (not working icon) are off or something. I will attach the not working and working camera apk below. If someone could tell me where I went wrong I would be very thankful.

Not working apk: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37484095/(Not_Working)HTCCamera.apk

Working apk: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37484095/(Working)HTCCamera.apk

Last edited:

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Is the Rom odex? If it is, then you have to deodex the HTCCamera.apk

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Is the Rom odex? If it is, then you have to deodex the HTCCamera.apk

I believe it is considering the file on the side of it is .odex. I apologize for not being the most knowledgeable on the subject. Would I deodex it in a kitchen? Like a rom kitchen of course.

I'm confused why one apk worked and the other didn't though?

EDIT: How would I go about deodexing??? I've been researching and tried using baksmali but, I keep getting error messages. I'm pretty lost right now.

Last edited:

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Not really sure as to why it would just disappear like that if you only modified some images in the res folder... Did you mess with baksmali ? Possibly modifying something in there would cause it to dissapear.

As for deodex, get dsixdas kitchen, set it up, then just making a working folder out of the Rom you want to modify. After that's done, go to advanced options and select deodex a file or something. It should give you the option of the whole Rom or just a single apk. It's the long way, but its easier than baksmali, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: steam374
I tried baksmali I'm not completely sure if I did it right but it gave me an out folder and then I used smali to make it into a classes.dex I'm not really sure what to do with that file. I assume you're supposed to zip it with the apk...but, when I do that I get a parse error.

My process for changing the images in res is I decompile the apk with apktool. I then go into the res folder switch out the ic launcher icon for the one I made. I then rebuild the apk with apk tool. From there I'm not sure if you're supposed to flash it in a zip or I can just adb push it....

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
You need to take META-INF folder, and maybe the Manifest.xml from the original apk and place it in your modified one. Then push via adb or move to system with a root file manager.
Also fix permission, 644 (rw-r-r)
An enviousOG

Reactions: steam374

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Alright, so how do I do the last command "fix permission 644 (rw-r-r)?"

If you use a root file manager (es explorer etc)
long press the apk and select permissions, then change to look like the image attached
If you're using adb:
Code:
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/nameofapk.apk

Attachments

• 2012-11-01_09-33-44.jpg
    2012-11-01_09-33-44.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not really sure as to why it would just disappear like that if you only modified some images in the res folder... Did you mess with baksmali ? Possibly modifying something in there would cause it to dissapear.

As for deodex, get dsixdas kitchen, set it up, then just making a working folder out of the Rom you want to modify. After that's done, go to advanced options and select deodex a file or something. It should give you the option of the whole Rom or just a single apk. It's the long way, but its easier than baksmali, imo.

You need to take META-INF folder, and maybe the Manifest.xml from the original apk and place it in your modified one. Then push via adb or move to system with a root file manager.
    Also fix permission, 644 (rw-r-r)
    An enviousOG