Originally Posted by Ustan1337
I am also trying to get the adb drivers installed, i used the guide you said to use and still it wont allow me to install the driver, just says the driver installation did not complete... =\ 64 bit windows 8 pro
Try this if you have not already.
1. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer's USB port using the USB cable.
2. From the Start menu, right-click Computer and select Manage.
3. In the left pane, under Computer Management, expand System Tools, and click Device Manager.
4. In the right pane, locate and expand Other devices.
5. Right-click the device name Kindle and click Properties.
6. In the Kindle Properties window, on the Driver tab, click Uninstall, then Confirm, and then unplug your device from your computer.
7. Then run the kindle fire adb drivers again.
8. Then plug in your kindle.
9. To confirm the device has been installed, from Start, click Control Panel, and then select Device Manager. In Device Manager, under Kindle Fire, the device will be included as Android Composite ADB Interface.