FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Lumia 920 does support WIND mobile

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By EG8196, Senior Member on 31st October 2012, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

and it is factory unlocked ( I have a Rogers Lumia 920)
Last edited by EG8196; 31st October 2012 at 07:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EG8196 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
31st October 2012, 02:19 PM |#2  
xsever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
I got the phone from Rogers too. Are you saying it is unlocked and you can use it with other sims right out of the box?!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st October 2012, 03:45 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Can anyone verify this? If this is correct it will be extremely surprising and awesome.
31st October 2012, 04:55 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question Could you please confirm?
Could you please confirm that this definately works with Wind?
I have been waiting for this since ages
31st October 2012, 05:06 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsever

I got the phone from Rogers too. Are you saying it is unlocked and you can use it with other sims right out of the box?!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes
The Following User Says Thank You to EG8196 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2012, 05:17 PM |#6  
mapleleafs89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Although that picture could be shopped easily.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...HSPA-with-pics

You claim its unlocked out of box but he purchased an unlock code, is there a reason for that?
The Following User Says Thank You to mapleleafs89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2012, 05:24 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I picked one up yesterday and posted on howardforums with pictures. I can confirm that the phone comes factory unlocked out of the box, which is quite surprising. However, I still have to try using it with Wind...When I go to manual network selection, Wind shows up though.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs89

Although that picture could be shopped easily.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...HSPA-with-pics

You claim its unlocked out of box but he purchased an unlock code, is there a reason for that?

I am the guy who posted that...I requested an unlock code thinking that the phone would be locked, and I wanted to use it on fido..AFTER requesting the code, I thought...hey..let's give it a try..and it worked...then I tried with Bell, and it worked too...That's the story behind requesting the code..Never received it yet anyways..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hkalltheway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2012, 05:30 PM |#8  
mapleleafs89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Thanks.

Hopefully you are able to find someone with a Wind sim to test. If so I may need to start calling rogers stores
31st October 2012, 05:40 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG8196

yes

Thanks Buddy!
Buying it ASAP
31st October 2012, 05:45 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkalltheway

I picked one up yesterday and posted on howardforums with pictures. I can confirm that the phone comes factory unlocked out of the box, which is quite surprising. However, I still have to try using it with Wind...When I go to manual network selection, Wind shows up though.

This is awesome. How much did the phone come to taxes in. Also, did you need active rogers accounts to buy one?
31st October 2012, 05:48 PM |#11  
xsever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoken

This is awesome. How much did the phone come to taxes in. Also, did you need active rogers accounts to buy one?

I paid $600 + $78 in tax = $678.

I had a Rogers account but bought the phone off-contract obviously.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes