FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

[CM9][CM10]Android 4.2 Keyboard Official

1,540 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,105
 
By hotheabilly, Senior Member on 31st October 2012, 02:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yes indeed, this is the official link here to the Android 4.2 keyboard here. I can confirm that it works flawlessly on my CM10 by camcory. This keyboard is AWESOME!!!

ok guys, here we go again this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
4. enjoy!
or if you can't install it, try push to /system/app and correct the permission.

get the apk here http://d-h.st/XuS

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10...ing-right-now/
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to hotheabilly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
31st October 2012, 07:45 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
the url is not working, . please check , maybe it's just happen to me
31st October 2012, 10:13 PM |#3  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
Thanks for sharing, hotheabilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfebriyanto

the url is not working, . please check , maybe it's just happen to me

download link is working for me, keep trying
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureItPlus634873433364011871.jpg
Views:	1914
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1446841  
1st November 2012, 03:04 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temenalie

Thanks for sharing, hotheabilly



download link is working for me, keep trying

Are you got force close ? I get force close . I try too replace the original keyboard with this one, and fix permission, then reboot. how do you instal it ?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
1st November 2012, 05:25 AM |#5  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfebriyanto

Are you got force close ? I get force close . I try too replace the original keyboard with this one, and fix permission, then reboot. how do you instal it ?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Just put in my SD Card, tap and install. So far I've never got force close

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to temenalie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 03:05 PM |#6  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
I'm so excited, this keyboard support emojis for messaging (SMS), included already in apk installer.
And I noticed in original CM9 keyboard doesn't support emojis yet for SMS

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351778861227.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1448412  
1st November 2012, 03:17 PM |#7  
hotheabilly's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag padang
Thanks Meter: 1,105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temenalie

I'm so excited, this keyboard support emojis for messaging (SMS), included already in apk installer.
And I noticed in original CM9 keyboard doesn't support emojis yet for SMS

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

how? I even didn't know that
The Following User Says Thank You to hotheabilly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 03:33 PM |#8  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotheabilly

how? I even didn't know that

hehe, this morning when I type text messages and tap option, actually i wanna insert smiley in my text, but I saw "insert emojis" line below insert smiley line.
and I compared with my girlfriend who's using CM9 too (same device) and i didn't saw that lines in her messages option
The Following User Says Thank You to temenalie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 06:19 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Butuan City
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temenalie

hehe, this morning when I type text messages and tap option, actually i wanna insert smiley in my text, but I saw "insert emojis" line below insert smiley line.
and I compared with my girlfriend who's using CM9 too (same device) and i didn't saw that lines in her messages option

She can install any emoji plugin available in the play store to be able to see the emojis too on her phone. Can't confirm yet if installing the keyboard alone does the trick on yours but do have any such app installed on your phone?
1st November 2012, 07:50 PM |#10  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmadzky

She can install any emoji plugin available in the play store to be able to see the emojis too on her phone. Can't confirm yet if installing the keyboard alone does the trick on yours but do have any such app installed on your phone?

Whatsapp? Line? FB Messenger? G+ messenger?
I'm not really sure which apps that I've installed before has enabled emojis
But I'm sure, I couldn't insert emojis in my text (SMS) before
3rd November 2012, 09:03 AM |#11  
temenalie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
Thanks Meter: 463
 
More
@ hotheabilly, do you know how to enabling swype in keyboard 4.2?
As I know, keyboard 4.2 support gesture swype included for who running +4.0 Stock ICS or CM9/CM10, but I don't know how to enable it

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes