Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 10/23

OP bigbiff

2nd November 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 176

813 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

Dees_Troy removed this ability a few releases ago when a google engineer on G+ posted the debunk myth about removing the batterystats.bin file.

Thanks I googled it and found that post about removal. Used rom toolbox and did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorenyuk

Trying to to install using GooManager, it downloads the file automatically just fine but doesn't advance past that. In other words won't start the installation automatically... Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Goo just downloads the roms and lets you know of updates and will load to TWRP, but you need to perform the install swipe to start it I think...

Last edited by Mista513; 3rd November 2012 at 03:15 AM.
3rd November 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,193

4,647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorenyuk

Trying to to install using GooManager, it downloads the file automatically just fine but doesn't advance past that. In other words won't start the installation automatically... Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Make sure you're rooted and look for the toast message that the flash has completed.
3rd November 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #23  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 21

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Will this work with SGH-T889V Galaxy Note 2 from Wind MObile Canada?

BaseBand T889VVLALJ4
Last edited by ysr84; 3rd November 2012 at 11:04 PM.
4th November 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Fix permissions weird behavior
Hi,

I am trying the TeamWin recovery because I have it on my tablet, works great etc. -- and esp. because the CWM available in these forums for the Note II seems buggy, the Fix permissions breaks the Samsung keyboard and the S-Note app; I cannot afford that, both are essential. Fix permissions is also needed, it did save me from some nasty FCs a few times.

Now, the TWRP Fix Permissions took me back to the Teamwin splash screen, as if the recovery rebooted. It was so fast, in a split second it was done so I'm not sure id did anything. Is this normal? Very confusing...
Last edited by teandro; 4th November 2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: typos
4th November 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 43

173 posts
Question
I am also having issues with my 64 GB Sd Card. The recovery is refusing to recognize it. Clockwork, however, does recognize it.
5th November 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
I originally posted this in QA section but not sure if people go there much so I figured i'll ask the question here as well:

I am trying to flash frostyjb to get rid of the bloatware but when I boot into twrp and tried to make a backup it said unable to mount data and it showed 0 mb free space

So far I have used the toolkit to root flash twrp, is there anything additional I need to do before I can flash it?
5th November 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer

4,647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr84

Will this work with SGH-T889V Galaxy Note 2 from Wind MObile Canada?

BaseBand T889VVLALJ4

You can try using goo manager to install the canadian version of TWRP after rooting.
5th November 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer

4,647 posts
Donate to Me
More
In the past release we updated fix permissions to c++ which has substantially increased the speed of chaning permissions. The old way used a bash script which was slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teandro

Hi,

I am trying the TeamWin recovery because I have it on my tablet, works great etc. -- and esp. because the CWM available in these forums for the Note II seems buggy, the Fix permissions breaks the Samsung keyboard and the S-Note app; I cannot afford that, both are essential. Fix permissions is also needed, it did save me from some nasty FCs a few times.

Now, the TWRP Fix Permissions took me back to the Teamwin splash screen, as if the recovery rebooted. It was so fast, in a split second it was done so I'm not sure id did anything. Is this normal? Very confusing...

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer

4,647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPiggie

I am also having issues with my 64 GB Sd Card. The recovery is refusing to recognize it. Clockwork, however, does recognize it.

What filesystem do you use for the 64 GB card?
5th November 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #30  
OP Recognized Developer

4,647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomthebruin

I originally posted this in QA section but not sure if people go there much so I figured i'll ask the question here as well:

I am trying to flash frostyjb to get rid of the bloatware but when I boot into twrp and tried to make a backup it said unable to mount data and it showed 0 mb free space

So far I have used the toolkit to root flash twrp, is there anything additional I need to do before I can flash it?

Can you paste /tmp/recovery.log so I can take a look?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread