Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.7][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.2.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 6/14

Tip us?
 
Mista513
Old
(Last edited by Mista513; 3rd November 2012 at 02:15 AM.)
#21  
Mista513's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 813
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff View Post
Dees_Troy removed this ability a few releases ago when a google engineer on G+ posted the debunk myth about removing the batterystats.bin file.


Thanks I googled it and found that post about removal. Used rom toolbox and did it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by igorenyuk View Post
Trying to to install using GooManager, it downloads the file automatically just fine but doesn't advance past that. In other words won't start the installation automatically... Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Goo just downloads the roms and lets you know of updates and will load to TWRP, but you need to perform the install swipe to start it I think...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
 
bigbiff
Old
#22  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorenyuk View Post
Trying to to install using GooManager, it downloads the file automatically just fine but doesn't advance past that. In other words won't start the installation automatically... Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Make sure you're rooted and look for the toast message that the flash has completed.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
 
ysr84
Old
(Last edited by ysr84; 3rd November 2012 at 10:04 PM.)
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 286
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mississauga

 
DONATE TO ME
Will this work with SGH-T889V Galaxy Note 2 from Wind MObile Canada?

BaseBand T889VVLALJ4
Current : Samsung Galaxy Note III N900W8

Historically:

Galaxy S3 I747M Stock
Galaxy S3 T999 Stock rooted
Galaxy S2 I727R using Custom ICS ROMS
Galaxy S2 X T989D Using Juggernaut 5.0
Galaxy Note i717M White Sauram ROM
Galaxy Note N7000 White
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE i727R Rogers
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100M XXKI3 Unlock/Rooted
Samsung I9000M Bell
Nokia N95
Nokia 6300
Nokia 6250
 
teandro
Old
(Last edited by teandro; 3rd November 2012 at 11:49 PM.) Reason: typos
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2011
Default Fix permissions weird behavior

Hi,

I am trying the TeamWin recovery because I have it on my tablet, works great etc. -- and esp. because the CWM available in these forums for the Note II seems buggy, the Fix permissions breaks the Samsung keyboard and the S-Note app; I cannot afford that, both are essential. Fix permissions is also needed, it did save me from some nasty FCs a few times.

Now, the TWRP Fix Permissions took me back to the Teamwin splash screen, as if the recovery rebooted. It was so fast, in a split second it was done so I'm not sure id did anything. Is this normal? Very confusing...
 
DarthPiggie
Old
#25  
DarthPiggie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 173
Join Date: Jul 2010
I am also having issues with my 64 GB Sd Card. The recovery is refusing to recognize it. Clockwork, however, does recognize it.
 
tomtomthebruin
Old
#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2012
I originally posted this in QA section but not sure if people go there much so I figured i'll ask the question here as well:

I am trying to flash frostyjb to get rid of the bloatware but when I boot into twrp and tried to make a backup it said unable to mount data and it showed 0 mb free space

So far I have used the toolkit to root flash twrp, is there anything additional I need to do before I can flash it?
 
bigbiff
Old
#27  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr84 View Post
Will this work with SGH-T889V Galaxy Note 2 from Wind MObile Canada?

BaseBand T889VVLALJ4
You can try using goo manager to install the canadian version of TWRP after rooting.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
 
bigbiff
Old
#28  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
In the past release we updated fix permissions to c++ which has substantially increased the speed of chaning permissions. The old way used a bash script which was slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teandro View Post
Hi,

I am trying the TeamWin recovery because I have it on my tablet, works great etc. -- and esp. because the CWM available in these forums for the Note II seems buggy, the Fix permissions breaks the Samsung keyboard and the S-Note app; I cannot afford that, both are essential. Fix permissions is also needed, it did save me from some nasty FCs a few times.

Now, the TWRP Fix Permissions took me back to the Teamwin splash screen, as if the recovery rebooted. It was so fast, in a split second it was done so I'm not sure id did anything. Is this normal? Very confusing...
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bigbiff
Old
#29  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPiggie View Post
I am also having issues with my 64 GB Sd Card. The recovery is refusing to recognize it. Clockwork, however, does recognize it.
What filesystem do you use for the 64 GB card?
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
 
bigbiff
Old
#30  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomthebruin View Post
I originally posted this in QA section but not sure if people go there much so I figured i'll ask the question here as well:

I am trying to flash frostyjb to get rid of the bloatware but when I boot into twrp and tried to make a backup it said unable to mount data and it showed 0 mb free space

So far I have used the toolkit to root flash twrp, is there anything additional I need to do before I can flash it?
Can you paste /tmp/recovery.log so I can take a look?
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes